• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Bea, the Lone Warrior! The Grapploct Menace!! (1123)

JLK2707

I mean, she actually did beat Trip. Ash couldn't do that until they fought a very cheap 1-on-1.

Maybe Trip really sucks in those.

Did people forget Ash lost his league champion benefits the moment he lost against Leon. Now Leon is the regional champion of Galar AND a league champion of Alola.

(Maybe he even became the champion of Kanto/Johto for beating Lance. Dude's on Fire Blast.)
How could Leon be the champion of Alola if he has just never beaten the Pokémon league there?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Bea beat the **** out of Ash lmaooo

He managed to just barely land some hits but for a majority of the battle Bea had it in the palm of her hand. Really loved this episode, one of the best so far & something the show has been needing for a while. I thought Bea’s characterization was great too; very no-nonsense, brutal, and even a bit prideful. We haven’t had a female character like this since....Katie? And even then I’m blanking on a female character Bea is similar to. They did a good job establishing her personality and actually making her seem intimidating, I really hope they keep this up for the rest of the Galar leaders (and potentially rivals as well). I also hope she’s Ash’s rival for the series if Marnie isn’t being used, because she has a lot of potential. The battle itself was quite good too. Grapploct gave me the same feeling Golisopod and Electivire did (though to a lesser degree); a genuinely menacing opponent. When it was squeezing Riolu I couldn’t help but cringe a little, it felt very animated.

Speaking of animation, I really liked Iwane’s drawings of Ash. The shot of him posted earlier in this thread and the end shot gave me DP vibes with the intensity and the coloring.

10/10. Good episode, good characterization, good continuity, and has me hyped for a rematch.

STICKTOPIA

Why did I have any faith in farfetch’d defeating hawlucha? I should have known better. Wow Ash got it very bad. That grapploct was playing NO games at all. The fact that riolu escaped it the first time it was tied down was impressive. It got even Bea’s attention. I knew at some point ash would lose a battle and rank lower but WOW. He hasn’t lost this bad in a very long time. This is bad considering how it looks like he’ll continue ranking lower. I can’t wait to see the next encounter with Bea and I wonder if Korrina will get a comeback.

Last edited:

diakyu

A small thing, but that was Korinna's gym in the flashback right? Neat touch for like three seconds of screentime lol

PokeFreak1200

It was an understandable loss all things considered. Considering Ash was using his weakest Pokemon, and the fact that Bea is stronger than your average gym leader. If the games are anything to go by, the gym leaders in Galar constantly fight each other to fight Leon so they must be close to E4 level, or at least Raihan is.

Pretty good battles. Nice to see Farfetchd got a swing in but did not do much damage. Ash has Riolu use a lot of tactics, but none of them end up hitting due to Grapploct's defence and awareness. Bea's personality is cold and calculated which is a refreshing change. Doesn't even give Ash a pep talk or tells him to rematch her later, she just beats and walks away.

Ash isn't as depressed as he usually is with his depression arcs, but most likely more to come in the next episodes. Like others have said might continue up till Alola reunion, with him losing to Kiawe at first and then beating him afterwards. The next episodes will be interesting.

Jibanyan

One thing I liked a lot is that this episode made Grapploct look badass since imo it is sort of underrated which is a shame because is one of my favorite Galar Pokemon. I don't think Farfetch'd did bad and it's obviously it will learn to use the leek better. Still, the Galar and Riolu/Lucario shilling is getting unbearable and if Ash's other Pokemon keep getting ignored even after Riolu evolves I'm going to be sooo annoyed. After Lance and Korrina, I rather not see old (non-companion) characters back if they are going to get that treatment, I'm 100% serious lol, the anime has never been so dishonest about hyping characters, bleh.

Deitylight

Legendary Trainer
I'm of the opinion that Dragonite or Gengar wouldn't have fared any better considering Ash barely beat Korrina while Bea beat her easily.

Red and Blue

I'm curious as to how Go got a hitmonchan, because there's no way he actually beat the Karate Master.

Did he just nab one of the hundreds that were training outside? Why not nick a 'lee while he was there?
If he didn't take a Hitmonlee and only got Hitmonchan then that would mean he beat the Dojo Master

Konja7

If he didn't take a Hitmonlee and only got Hitmonchan then that would mean he beat the Dojo Master

In the episode, it is mentioned Go needs to beat Karate Master to get Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee. There is no option to get both.

Go get Hitmonchan, so he have beaten Karate Master.

CupidKirby

This was a great episode! It's interesting how they didn't just have Ash lose here but also get obliterated. It was even stated in the episode that neither of Bea's Pokemon were even injured and that this is Ash's first time having a match like that. It's not even that Ash was off his game either. Bea was just that much better. I'll be interested to see where the anime takes his arc this time around.

Overall, I have no complaints aside from the wonky animation at times.

I get this series is going to be Galar biased, but come on, it was unnecessary for Bea to have beaten Mega Lucario just because Bea must be stronger.

I disagree. They already set it up in an earlier episode that Riolu looks up to Korrina's Lucario, and we already know she and Ash are good friends. Having Bea mention that she defeated Korrina then call her naive to Ash's face is a great motivator for him and Riolu. It adds weight to why Ash was so set on revenge at the end aside from being obliterated 2-0. It's called good writing.

Plus it's established now that Bea is on a different level than Korrina so people can't complain about Ash being reset or weakened for the sake of losing this battle.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Bummed that Ash lost, but glad that it wasn't Pikachu.

I disagree, I'd have loved to see the rat get put into his place. Everyone other than Farfetch'd has like one win to their name while Pikachu has a dozen and only lost to Leon who he was never going to beat, I'd love to see an opponent knock him out for a change

Rune Knight

I disagree, I'd have loved to see the rat get put into his place. Everyone other than Farfetch'd has like one win to their name while Pikachu has a dozen and only lost to Leon who he was never going to beat, I'd love to see an opponent knock him out for a change

If it's a strong opponent (not to say that Bea isn't strong); say a top-tier champion level trainer, then I'll accept it.