• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beach Blankout Blastoise! (060)

How did Jigglypuff get in Blastoises cannon anyway?
I'm surprised it didn't suffocate to death.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looking back, this would've been a good episode for Ash's Squirtle to evolve in in my opinion. But even though that didn't happen, I liked seeing a fun filler right after Ash's Cinnabar Island Gym battle. Team Rocket was hilarious here as well; I laughed at how Meowth kept being abused comedically throughout the episode.

Gillachu

Banned
What was even the point of this filler...At best we saw Blastoise finally, but Ash's Squirtle gained nothing from the encounter.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was nice seeing Ash's Squirtle put on his sunglasses again, plus once I saw how everyone kept falling asleep on the island I kind of knew that Jigglypuff would be involved. Jessie smacking Meowth was funny. :D

JudySpell

Banned
I wish we had seen Ash's Squirtle evolve here because the episode seemed like the perfect chance for that but as usual nothing good happened. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I wish we had seen Ash's Squirtle evolve here because the episode seemed like the perfect chance for that but as usual nothing good happened. 5/10

I'm glad he didn't evolve tho in retrospect cuz this episode had enough Wartortles around ha ha, so I didn't think we needed to see Ash's Squirtle become one as well. ^^;

My favorite scene: Jigglypuff being inside Blastoise's pump cannon, which was random. I thought that the Wartortle island was fantastic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was a good episode worth a few chuckles, like when we saw Purin stuck inside of Kamex's cannon and Nyasu getting slapped, but this felt like a missed opportunity for Satoshi's Zenigame. He could've learned a new move or evolved, but he spent most of the episode fast asleep.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, I liked to see the evolutions of Squirtle. I thought Jigglypuff being stuck in Blastoise's cannon was funny: how she got there in the first place was odd lol. Poor Meowth getting slapped too.

Daizy

I call you honey
I don't get why Jigglypuff was even in the sea when Blastoise went swimming, much less why it was able to sing inside his cannon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't get why Jigglypuff was even in the sea when Blastoise went swimming, much less why it was able to sing inside his cannon.

Well given Purin's habit of following Satoshi's group, we can assume that Purin was following them on their way out of Guren Town and somehow got lost at sea and stumbled upon the wild Kamex.

For a secret island full of Squirtle and Wartortle, it seemed so easy to get to and I guess Ash's Squirtle came from there? Blastoise blasting for the submarine was freaking cool.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For a secret island full of Squirtle and Wartortle, it seemed so easy to get to and I guess Ash's Squirtle came from there? Blastoise blasting for the submarine was freaking cool.

We didn't get any confirmation of Zenigame's origin here. As far as we know, Satoshi's Zenigame was born elsewhere on the mainland most likely.

Daizy

I call you honey
Well given Purin's habit of following Satoshi's group, we can assume that Purin was following them on their way out of Guren Town and somehow got lost at sea and stumbled upon the wild Kamex.

Still doesn't explain how Jigglypuff could sing even though its voice should've been soundless due to the confined space.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I do wonder why Zenigame didn't evolve given that he was on an island inhabited by so many members of his evolutionary line. That and the return of his sunglasses made it seem like he was going to do something major in this episode at least, yet it never really materialized.

Man Ash was kind of rude when he said that Wartortle didn't look wise when he scanned it in the Pokedex. I didn't like how Ash was willing to make a detour to the island of turtle Pokemon but I guess he made an exception since Squirtle wanted to help his evolved forms. I think this was the first time we saw Team Rocket's Gyarados submarine and it looked pretty funny.

I liked this episode so much because it focused on Wartortle who was practically ignored until this episode and we also got to see a Blastoise which we hadn't seen other than as a mecha in the island of giant Pokemon episode. My favorite part was when Jessie and James slapped Meowth to wake him up and how he eventually woke up with a sore puffy face and the fact that Ash broke the 4th wall at the end of the episode was funny too. 8/10

SWAG SQUIRTLE SHADES YESSSSSSSSS
Jigglypuff does come from the depths of hell and it should have been sunken with Team Rocket. I have a question: How does Jigglypuff not fall asleep when it sings its song? Jiggypuff ruined this episode.

This was a good episode worth a few chuckles, like when we saw Purin stuck inside of Kamex's cannon and Nyasu getting slapped, but this felt like a missed opportunity for Satoshi's Zenigame. He could've learned a new move or evolved, but he spent most of the episode fast asleep.
Just asking, why do you use Japanese names?