• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beartic Mountain Feud! (707)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was interesting. It was great to see Kumasyun and Kojofu for the 1st time. Kojofu really caught my attention when he did the spin, bow, and Martial Arts movements similar to Kung Fu. The facial expressions were such a fun and funny thing to watch throughout the episode, especially Pokabu and Mijumaru's expressions. I absolutely loved seeing Pokabu's *roll eyes* *thinking whatever* when Mijumaru was bragging about getting the berries. Tsunbear showed off Icy Wind. Tsk Tsk when Mijumaru and Meowth were stealing the berries, especially after Pikachu warned them not to. Kojofu's *some sort of* Guard attack was cool to see. Kumasyun was so cute throughout the whole episode. Meowth hated when Kumasyun hit him with his snot, the reaction was priceless. Meowth definitely was a terrible Negotiator, and kept getting blasted with Icy Wind.

80/100

Last edited:

Koh

Tamer
The problem here is, the scenes are there, so who cares? they aren't fillers, that is the bottom line, doesn't matter what you think or what I think, they aren't and that is a fact.

Oh and like Firemaker said, you can use that for a lot of episodes, you take one element out of the episode and it becomes filler, like a pokemon learning a move in an episode and nothing happening in it, pokemon are just spoiled like I always say, specially in this situations were a gap is bigger then what they expected, even with entertaining episode, even if they are complete fillers people whine(not saying you have to like he episodes, you don't even have to like non filller episode, just stating that people whine for every single reason possible, even whine at others for their whining like I'm doing).

On-Topic: One thing that felt weird was indeed(gliscoryanmega) the snot moving like it was a limp or something lol, he was liking Meowth with the snot, weird.
Well here is where you have to examine the scenes in question. The fact that they're plot-related scenes alone holds no ground. If said scenes only account for about 30 seconds or so of the entire episode, then the entire episode is filler. Why? Quite simply put, there's not enough of the "main plot" involved within that time frame to suddenly change the entire episode into something very important. That said, you could easily watch the next episode without seeing this one, and would be perfectly fine main/villain plot wise. Even if the main thing, that you would allegedly have an episode changed from filler to non-filler, is the acquisition of a new ability, you could still skip over that episode, and figure out for yourself "Oh, X learned Y in the previous episode. I see what they did there." Do you get it? Just the sheer presence of a canonical scene alone isn't enough to categorize an episode as filler or not.

That aside, I do consider this filler. It falls on "meh," in my opinion. I love the screen time Pokabu received, but all in all, he could've just as well gotten as much in the next episode, without this needless filler. And I'm in agreement with AgentPierce here, on the matter of the fact that the small villian scene here could have easily been placed at the very beginning of the next episode.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
So the attack the 2 groups used against each other really was Sheer Cold.
Sheer Cold's non-contest looking attack has finally been shown in the Anime.

Were both beams Sheer Cold, or just 1? One of them looked different.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Meowth getting blasted by icy wind again and again was amusing!

CupidKirby

Well here is where you have to examine the scenes in question. The fact that they're plot-related scenes alone holds no ground. If said scenes only account for about 30 seconds or so of the entire episode, then the entire episode is filler. Why? Quite simply put, there's not enough of the "main plot" involved within that time frame to suddenly change the entire episode into something very important. That said, you could easily watch the next episode without seeing this one, and would be perfectly fine main/villain plot wise. Even if the main thing, that you would allegedly have an episode changed from filler to non-filler, is the acquisition of a new ability, you could still skip over that episode, and figure out for yourself "Oh, X learned Y in the previous episode. I see what they did there." Do you get it? Just the sheer presence of a canonical scene alone isn't enough to categorize an episode as filler or not.

So yeah. Basically all pokemon episodes are filler except gym battles/leagues/evil organization confrontations.

And I'm in agreement with AgentPierce here, on the matter of the fact that the small villian scene here could have easily been placed at the very beginning of the next episode.

That's what has been said every episode since the Meowth arc started. And I know it's shocking but episode 46 comes after 45 (and so on). So claiming, that an episode is filler because a scene could've been placed in the next one, for every episode is kind of needless. The scenes have to go somewhere you know. And would you rather they rush through the two-parter episodes because they were too dumb to place some of these scenes in the proceeding four?

Anyway, it was pretty enjoyable but in a different way from the last one. While last week's episode was crack this one was more action-packed so they were both good. It was pretty quick-paced and I liked how there weren't any of those "oh look stairs, let's climb them! Oh now there's a door, let take our time walking out!" shots. Just a smudge more really and I would've found this episode...not rushed, just really full.

Is it just me, or does Ash use Pokabu a lot? But I must say if the little guy can destroy a boulder ten times his size and cause explosions with flipping ember, then I don't mind so much.

Last edited:

Littlemyuu

First of all, YAY that Cubchoo and Mienfoo are in this episode, Second what i think about this episode.

The begining kinda remind me from a Swablu episode, but still the stormy weather Cubchoo fall off a cliff and the poor thing got lost, When Ash and co. got attacked by the Beartic, i just knew Mienfoo will show up, and use his cool fighting moves, I really like it when Cubchoo put his slime nose bugger close to Meowth and when Meowth all freaked out XD I love the way Mienfoo stands like some monk fighter <3 I loved it too when Mienfoo used Wide guard at the end, made me go wow :p

i loved this episode and just because it got one of the cutest Pokemon in it: Cubchoo!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wait, "The Beartic Mountain Feud?"

What's with the "The?"

And why does the word Meowthiator pop up on my Closed Captioning every time Meowth says negotiator?

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not too bad of an episode, the stray Cubchoo was adorable, and Meowth getting frozen by the Beartic was an enjoyable running gag. Mienfoo was awesome to see in the anime as well.

I'm really looking forward to the Part 1 and 2 of the Nimbasa Train Station arc. I'm sensing a lot of excitement from this invasion by Team Rocket. Also more Emmet and Ingo!

Good points:
- Pokedex meationing that culbcho evolves into beartic
- Clip amazed by a talking meowth

Bad points:
- No Pansage (would like Pansage to fall into the ditch too)
- Culbcho not using any moves

Good point:
-Flashback of the storm

Bad point:
- Would like the pokedex to say pre-evolved form

Last edited by a moderator:

Azureth

Weird how Cilan identified Mienfoo when it was a blur.

Seriously, it was just a tornado.

Lol. Meowth almost got caught again.

Beartic are the new Ursaring, I see. Bears that refuse to calm down.

Whoa. Sheer Cold. I think this is the debut of that move.

Medea

Excalibur
I'm not much for this episode really. It was kind of a boring filler all together.

HOWEVER, Cliff's voice actor for the dub amused me. It's OVER 9000 amusing. Christopher Sabat.

SmartD

It's a good episode. Ash and friends help a Cubchoo reunite with it's pack. Meanwhile Team Rocket are about to put their plan into motion.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Dub was Okay A couple of funny moments with some cheezy jokes and cubchoo's unbearable booger made me just go why is it so close?!! Other than that a good way to end the little meowth arc they had now its time for the subway stuff gym battle ect. (Trying not to spoil stuff for you dub watchers only. :) )

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was ok. Not much else for me to comment on...

pokeaussie37

Just watching the episode now..

1. That poor Cubchoo in the beginning falling off the cliff! :(
2. Absolutely loved the Looney Tunes Tasmanian Devil style entrance for Mienfoo! It's a winner!

Edit: As for the rest of the episode, it was alright. Nice to see Iris' fear of ice type Pokemon continued as well as Meowth resisting being caught, that 'cunning' buffoon Oshawott passing off all responsibility of the stolen food to Meowth, and the running gag of Meowth being frozen was nice as well, plus some more good build-up to the Subway episodes. I can't help but think though, that Ingo and Emmet's faces didn't reflect their moods, they seemed all smiles, and almost robotic in their brief moments.

Other than that I only wish that Mienfoo had a bigger role in the episode, but I still liked it nonetheless. And also it seems, let the Tepig focus begin...

Last edited: