• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beartic's Sigh (1229)

j4hsan

standardish episode, was kinda cute at the end

not rlly expecting much else from these episodes anymore tbh, but the next episode looks fun

Pokeshipper_

This episode clearly cementified, like the whole serie is doing, what a Pokémon Master is: a Pokémon Master is not only the best battler in the world and a Champion, but also a trainer capable to listen the heart of the Pokémons, making strong friendships during the journey with humans and Pokémons, helping people with their Pokémons when they're living an hard life or they have problems with something. Also Misty and Brock pointed it out during the episode because they know Ash is/will be a Pokémon Master and Latias is observing Ash for the same reason.

Rohanator

I think the answer to what a Pokemon Master is will be something like "befriending/understanding all Pokemon", and thus they made it so all these episodes leading up to Gary asking the question kind of answer it before its even asked, every ep so far has had Ash befriend a Mon, even the one that another trainer caught (Clauncher), and even a typically villainous one like Beedrill at the very start. And the next couple will focus on strenghtening his bonds with Mons he's already caught. Ash might feel down from Gary's question for a bit, thinking he's hit his peak, but then go "Well I just spent 10 episodes learning more about Pokemon despite being the champion so I can just keep doing that!". It's an endless dream because there will always be more Pokemon. And it kinda makes sense too, you'd expect a true master to know everything there is to know about Pokemon, and for Ash that means actually going out there and meeting them rather than reading books. His true goal was being a Research Fellow all along lol.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Eh, pretty standard and nothing too special.

Although the major thing again is technically this:

FoCRUA4aAAEQMzL

She’s still following Ash.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It was an okay episode.

The plot was nothing mindblowing, but seeing reserves in action and Ash helping out a troubled Pokemon was nice to watch. I'm presuming episodes like this are building up to the big reveal of what a Pokemon Master is, e.g. helping Pokemon in trouble.
After so many fillers over the years I think Ash is surely a Pokemon Master then

(And thank TR for the help)

greninjamaster

“Maybe a Pokémon Master is the friends we made along the way” is a very real possibility for a conclusion and I need you all to be prepared for that
I fail to see how this is a bad thing, that's obviously the route their going for.

That's why episodes such as this where Ash is clearly learning more about Pokemon and embodying a Pokemon Master are not filler.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
After so many fillers over the years I think Ash is surely a Pokemon Master then

(And thank TR for the help)
To become a Pokemon Master, Ash simply has to help every Pokemon in existence!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I found this episode very sweet. I actually liked it more than episode 1 since Team Rocket weren't here.

2 > 3 > 4 > 1.

This is a case where I would have loved for Ash to catch Beartic. It was such a gentle giant and I loved how Ash went in to hug it after it ran away in sadness and frustration. With just one look in the beginning, Ash knew Beartic was sad and going through something personal. I love it when they show this character trait because text book smart is not the only type of intelligence there is.

Oshawott was a gem here, it looks like he's matured a bit since we last saw him in BW.
I wish Snorlax did a little more but he did do more than Totodile, Leavanny, and Rowlet did in Episode 2.
Incineroar learned Darkest Lariat and kept Fire Blast, so I wonder what move got replaced, probably Flame Charge. Fire Fang could help out in a bind and Revenge is great for coverage.
Also we finally saw the first ace of a region come back!!! Talonflame didn't use any moves but Flame Body pretty much kept Brock and Misty alive in this episode.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
@Ignition oh hey, His Incineroar did something at least, even got Darkest Lariat too :>

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Pretty easy mistake to make considering even I forgot it was supposed to be a Fast ball lmao
Conspiracy time: Brock released his previous Forretress and caught a new one :p
Eh, if Ash never used the fast ball he got from Kurt, I can forgive a thing like forget Brock's forrestress' pokeball scheme.

To become a Pokemon Master, Ash simply has to help every Pokemon in existence!
So, N is pokemon master already.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I found this episode very sweet. I actually liked it more than episode 1 since Team Rocket weren't here.

2 > 3 > 4 > 1.

This is a case where I would have loved for Ash to catch Beartic. It was such a gentle giant and I loved how Ash went in to hug it after it ran away in sadness and frustration. With just one look in the beginning, Ash knew Beartic was sad and going through something personal. I love it when they show this character trait because text book smart is not the only type of intelligence there is.

Oshawott was a gem here, it looks like he's matured a bit since we last saw him in BW.
I wish Snorlax did a little more but he did do more than Totodile, Leavanny, and Rowlet did in Episode 2.
Incineroar learned Darkest Lariat and kept Fire Blast, so I wonder what move got replaced, probably Flame Charge. Fire Fang could help out in a bind and Revenge is great for coverage.
Also we finally saw the first ace of a region come back!!! Talonflame didn't use any moves but Flame Body pretty much kept Brock and Misty alive in this episode.
I thoght Flame Charge could thaw out but for some reason it doesn't

Risrhayne

Wow, really nice to have an episode where the Bear Pokémon isn’t just that “ahhh, scary bear, run away” schtick.

I found the episode to be very enjoyable and like some have pointed out, continues to show Ash’s signs of being a Pokémon Master; he brings out the best in every Pokémon he meets, whether he catches them or not.

The only negative I have is that the fire-types melting the ice got old. I know they needed the gags of Beartic’s ice losing control and showing everyone gathered around Talonflame and Incineroar like space heaters, but it stopped being funny when they kept doing it.

…also, I never understood why the girls’ winter outfits in this show always neglected proper leg wear. Misty, it’s cold outside, surely your signature shorts aren’t going to be sufficient! Oh, you’re just gonna kneel directly on top of the ice Beartic cried out, mmkay.

Still, a really good episode and a welcomed change for the bear Pokémon being depicted as anything but scary (I’m including Ursaring).