• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige! (759)

Iris already has two up coming episodes all about her, they could have at least allowed this one to be about the entire team and using there own Pokemon.
Its before the league and Ash was already crossdressed, I don't understand the writers thinking for this episode.

Iris is the main character along with Ash, she needs focus too, plus Snivy got herwin after a long period of not battling. It doesn't matter about her arc, if this was Hilda or Rosa, it would be the same thing. We still don't know what episode the league starts, plus battling is training. And as a Pokemon fanfic writer, there is no rule that says anyone not named Ash Ketchum can't have focus regardless of two arcs coming up.

So end of story, learn to understand how character fousing works and drop it. You hate Iris and like Ash a lot, but understand she and Cilan our mains too.

It was great to see Snivy get a win. It's just Iris commanding her ruined it for me

*Facepalm*

Ace, I really don't like repeating myself. Ash and his friends have used each others Pokemon before, why is this a huge problem now after 15 years? It doesn't matter abour the league, at least the other Pokemon have battled this season and one will get his shot soon one day.

BlueDragonfangirl

Iris is the main character along with Ash, she needs focus too, plus Snivy got herwin after a long period of not battling. It doesn't matter about her arc, if this was Hilda or Rosa, it would be the same thing. We still don't know what episode the league starts, plus battling is training. And as a Pokemon fanfic writer, there is no rule that says anyone not named Ash Ketchum can't have focus regardless of two arcs coming up.

So end of story, learn to understand how character fousing works and drop it. You hate Iris and like Ash a lot, but understand she and Cilan our mains too.

You don't want to talk about this than don't get into debates with me about it, I said in my opinion and wasn't thinking any one would get angry at me for giving out my opinion on the episode. I'm fine with other characters getting screen time, its just at the wrong timing to do it and in weird ways again my opinion.

It's purely down to personal preference. I despise Iris so her commanding Snivy while Ash did diddly squat annoys me. If Ash commanded Pansage or Emolga I'd feel different but i don't think he did? please correct me if I am mistaken

The pictues haven't been posted yet so only Iris/Snivy I know from the posts. It's still not such a big Iris focus or n

Pierce571

I just got done watching the episode and it was kinda dissapointing. I am glad Snivy was getting some attention but it wasn't nearly as much as I expected. The episode itself wasn't really that spectacular and it even felt kinda pointless to me. I would give it a 5 out of 10

PAndrews

Except it was completely ridiculous in this case.

They were having an official battle with each other, 3 vs 3, devided into 1 on 1 matches.
Iris did her round, then Cilan, then when it was Ash's turn Iris suddenly stole it and commanded his Pokemon.

This wasn't an Iris entering a battle with borrowed Pokemon like Misty did back in the day, this was Iris walking up to Ash just before he got his turn and taking it away.
Had Iris borrowed Pansage and Snivy from the start while Ash and Cilan watched it would be a different story, but this was Iris being a selfish ***** and stealing Ash's turn after she had already had one. This made her seem more like an immature toddler.

gliscor&yanmega

Seen the pictures, looks enjoyable to me.

I do wish Ash got to command Snivy instead of Iris, but whatever, Snivy got a win either way.

Poor Cilan, had to be the fall gu-er girl here, I guess I don't feel too bad about Stunfisk not being used then, considering it would have lost, although I would have loved to seen those girls react to it.

I wish Ash, Iris, and Cilan would not starve there Pokemon. One of Ash's Pokemon is in it's ball knowing everyone else is eating. Excadrill and Dragonite need some food in them, Excadrill is so self-conscious about how small it is it always tries and make the camera catch it at an angle that make it looks huge, and Dragonite is probably just the way it is because it's hungry, everyone gets grumpy when they're hungry. Stunfisk is flat as it is, it's probably so flat you can't even see it...it's probably been in every episode and we just didn't know it, and Crustle...I don't know but it needs food too. Bad trainers. Of course I'm joking, but I do wish they would just have all the Pokemon out, they don't even have to talk or do anything(I'd prefer it but them just being there is good enough for me).

I'm glad to see Emolga get another battle and a win, it's been so long, it hasn't really done much overall for a while, so I'm glad it got something here. I didn't see anything between Snivy and Emolga here though, would have liked if a little thing was added, something like Pignite and Oshawott.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I did not bother really watching the rest of the episodes when I did not see Unfezant, Leavanny, Paplitoad, Boldore, or Krookodile appear. If they don't appear, I don't bother watching these episode. Pignite and Oshawott's childish was ehhh so yeah......
It was never really interesting to start with.
Oh well Next episode will be better with Unfezant.

I wish Ash, Iris, and Cilan would not starve there Pokemon. One of Ash's Pokemon is in it's ball knowing everyone else is eating. Excadrill and Dragonite need some food in them, Excadrill is so self-conscious about how small it is it always tries and make the camera catch it at an angle that make it looks huge, and Dragonite is probably just the way it is because it's hungry, everyone gets grumpy when they're hungry. Stunfisk is flat as it is, it's probably so flat you can't even see it...it's probably been in every episode and we just didn't know it, and Crustle...I don't know but it needs food too. Bad trainers. Of course I'm joking, but I do wish they would just have all the Pokemon out, they don't even have to talk or do anything(I'd prefer it but them just being there is good enough for me).

AGREED.:/

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So Snivy can only beat other female pokemon head on, yet when it comes to males she needs attract to do so...and I thought Oshawott not being able to beat fire types was weird. Speaking of which Oshawott so had that roasting coming, geez reminds me of when Corphish stole Torchic's food back in hoenn.

I can see why people are angry, Snivy barely gets wins as it is, but the whole point of battling is for the trainer and pokemon to get more combat experiance together, and Iris is not Snivy's trainer, Ash is.

Perhaps they should give Snivy to Iris maybe?

Last edited:
this was such a stupid episode...why was iris commanding snivy? thats just ********

3/10 because at least snivy got a win..but ash should be the one commanding it...not iris..who has a whole arc dedciated to her coming up soon...so that was just plain ********

sorry but im not a fan of iris at all (sorry iris fans) and having her command another's pokemon is just something that i really dont like..no one should command other people's pokemon....

dman_dustin

So from what I know about this episode, it was an unnecessary Iris focused episode even though she has 2 focus episodes later.

And it had to revolve around "petty" nickname calling and because whatever reason Iris had to stick her nose where it doesn't belong by being the one to command Snivy,

And on top all that the writers refused to send out the 6th Pokémon he had with him, which could have potentially have been Palpitoad.

Yep completely and utter filler, and a slightly bad written as well.

All that said: I do like how Snivy beat Cincinno with leaf blade.

Oh and just to add to the rant, where do the writers get off giving Iris two battles, and in one of them she was using someone else's Pokémon?

If I was to write this, I would have had Snivy not listen to a word to Iris, on principal, of refusing to allow Ash a battle he wanted, just because Iris wanted to get some petty revenge for Maya's remarks.

God, Iris was completely and utterly selfish in this episode. This episode not existing the way it did would be beneficial to Iris's character. This episode is just one reason more why I dislike Iris.

For a filler it wasn't that bad, I've seen waaaaay worse. I was hoping Emolga would learn a new move but at least it won a battle so I can't complain. I'm also pretty sure Emolga is undefeated at this point...

The reason it was Iris focused was probably because of the girl-centered theme the writers wanted.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
So Snivy can only beat other female pokemon head on, yet when it comes to males she needs attract to do so...and I thought Oshawott not being able to beat fire types was weird. Speaking of which Oshawott so had that roasting coming, geez reminds me of when Corphish stole Torchic's food back in hoenn.

I can see why people are angry, Snivy barely gets wins as it is, but the whole point of battling is for the trainer and pokemon to get more combat experiance together, and Iris is not Snivy's trainer, Ash is.

Perhaps they should give Snivy to Iris maybe?

Well atleast she didn't evolve here. That would have been worse and it would have made no sense. I kind of figured that since this was going to be an episode about borrowing Pokemon, that no pokemon would evolve if the trainer is not involved.

Ash makes a prettier girl then Iris XD

I don't know about preetier but he does look better than as a boy. But then again, Ash always did look good as a girl.

I don't see how this episode was pointless when it gave snivy and emolga good amount of screen time, something both have been lacking.

Iris, Emolga, and Snivy were representing the whole "Girl Power" thing and it was pretty cute. It wouldn't make much sense for Ash and Cilan to be picking fights with a bunch of girls in dresses, so Iris being the leader here was the only logical choice.

If I was to write this, I would have had Snivy not listen to a word to Iris, on principal, of refusing to allow Ash a battle he wanted, just because Iris wanted to get some petty revenge for Maya's remarks.

That would be funny since Iris has a history of pokemon not obeying her xD

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
5/10

Kind of a meh episode to be honest =/ I'm just not too fond for over girliness and this ep was too much for me XD it was amusing to see Ash and Cilan crossdressing. :p

Snivy showed she's ready for the league, she's strong. :p

iGotNoiPad

I don't see how a girl just wants to get some revenge on a girl that insulted her Pokemon and using a Snivy which is not hers in the first place have a point to it.Buts that's what a filler episode is.So not complaining.