• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige! (759)

LizardonX

Banned
Meh. Kinda weak of a plot.

I didn't like this episode too much.

My favourite part of the episode was when Pignite roasted Oshawott. They should do things like that more often.

These

the crossdressing was pretty meh since I didnt understand the ep.

And people say Dragonite is OP. Emolga has a 100% win record for Arceu's sake and the plot ice immunity most likely is gone by now. And I'm so sick of everyone getting glorification except ash in BW, Cilan only recently took any real losses, iris dominated the nimbasa battle club, this ep, and most of the world cup and most likely drayden in the future, Trip swept the world cup, Kotetsu stomped Marlon into the ground..etc. When is Ash getting his turn?

Last edited:

Rohanator

I think Pansage lost because he was out of his comfort zone. >:c It explains why he's kicking bird butt next episode. XD
That makes sense, Pansage didn't really have a personal reason to fight here, this whole thing only interested the girls. Even Ash wasn't interested in battling here, which is saying something.

This was a boring waste of time. See guys? I knew the episode would be lame. Did anyone listen to me? NO.

Wtf.

Take a look at the few comments above yours. Then walk away in shame. Tsk, some people, I can't even.

Doesn't change the fact that the episode is lame.

That's your opinion but I thought this was a good episode. Snivy has her win, Iris got her revenge and no one knew Ash and Cilan were boys.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I would say this episode was passable but not good.

Also after seeing this episode, i can think only one reason why the writers made this episode, and it was simply to make Ash dress as a girl. There is no other reason i can think of for the writers to create an episode like this. The story felt completely random.

Dax

Legend
I would say this episode was passable but not good.

Also after seeing this episode, i can think only one reason why the writers made this episode, and it was simply to make Ash dress as a girl. There is no other reason i can think of for the writers to create an episode like this. The story felt completely random.

I get the feeling they are giving each pokemon of Ash's one last thing to do before the League. This was Snivy's turn.

I didn't mind Iris commanding Snivy, at least she asked for her. It was just a weird episode. It had some funny parts but it wasn't memorable. I'm just happy Snivy did something.

When is Ash getting his turn?

He did, against 8 gym leaders and Iris during the Junior Cup. Maybe you missed those episodes.

Graham Aker

Part of me was hoping that one of these girls were Snivy's original trainer that she ditched. Oh well, Snivy retains her HBIC persona. :p

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow, lighten up people.

I thought this episode was hilarious, and a welcome break after some intense arcs. Ash and Cilan's girl mannerisms were great and I always laughed when Iris did her snooty cackle. I'm also glad that Snivy somewhat got the spotlight.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode was Ok with me. I like the crossdressing because it funny to see Ash emabrassed about this crossdressing thing. i love that they made Pignite and Oshawott fight agian and that answers some of my questions from before this episode. Really I thought they going to be a Snivy and Emolga rivalary thing, but I saw them laughting together after they beat Maya. i love see both Snivy and Emolga dodging those move so gracely and awesomely. I love that Iris focused Ash and Clian to crossdress and they look faboo in them. Iris was the faboo in this episode and I love the hair. It like that it can hide food in there Lols. I don't have any problems with this episode and I'll give 6 faboo Iris' hair out of 10.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Best BW episode beside the Litwick mansion story. If only Iwane'd swapped and animated this ep instead of last week's... thing.

The dialogue was so utterly refreshing that I watched without fast-forwarding here and there for the first time in ages. The usual "Yay let's go", "Yay league", "Yay battles" stuff we get to hear about every other week was quickly dealt with in the beginning of the ep, leaving lots of room for hilarious lines and antics once the story got rolling.

I can't remember the last episode that did such a good job at keeping the trio in-character while showing unusual sides of them at the same time. Okay, making 2/3 of them crossdress might have helped tremendously, but still ;P Given that Iris was the star this time, it must've been tempting to not put much effort into the rather minor roles the boys played and make their lines similar, but they made sure Ash's and Cilan's reactions to the whole ordeal had different nuances.

There isn't much to say about Cilan. As far as I'm concerned he's awesomeness personified and this episode was no different. Interesting that they made him and Pansage fail twice, and quite mercilessly at that. Crossdressing doesn't seem to bring him much luck, huh? XD Mamoru Miyano's attempt at saying "**~*~+BULLET SEED+~*~**" had me in stitches.

Iris was the ultimate beast this time and I loved every second of it. She developed a grudge, hurled herself at it and clung to it like a maniac all the way until a punishment was dished out that she deemed satisfactory. That's what I adore about her character: She's definitely a kind person, but she also doesn't let others get away with bull****. Granted, it's never been as pronounced as today, but there's a distinct "meanness" (in a good way!) about her that makes her a more convincing and realistic character. The boys are definitely tamer in that regard, so I appreciate this trait a lot.

Ash was the cutest of the three (c'mon, 3 ribbons!). I was so unhappy about the generic, ever-recurring lines he'd been getting in the vast majority of previous episodes, so seeing such a colorful palette of expressions and tones made me all the more ecstatic. He was the only one who never managed to fully adapt to the situation and spent lots of time looking uncomfortable as hell. He's usually not the sarcastic type, but his grumpy muttering definitely made for some dry humor. I was a bit puzzled why they couldn't have all three of them battle by giving the first or second battle to Ash and Snivy. That way, Iris would've still starred since she was facing the leader of the opera troupe and she would've taken revenge with the Pokémon whose honor she wanted to defend most, Emolga. It would've required a title edit, but who cares.

Still, while the Iris-Cilan-Iris setup seemed a little nonsensical, I have no objections about the way it came to be. Iris may have butted in on Ash a little when she asked to borrow Snivy, but this whole revenge plot was more about Iris than the others to begin with. Snivy was insulted by the girls too, but Ash was ready to let it go while Iris was the one who insisted on kicking their sorry butts. This was her fight and I'm happy they made Ash recognize how important it was to her by stepping aside without much hesitation. As wonderfully silly as this episode was, one cannot deny that it's a HUGE deal for Ash to be unfazed by the fact that both of his friends get to battle, one of them even twice, while he watches on the sidelines.

Finally - greatest ending ever. The boys' cover remained intact till the very end which I didn't expect, plus the hasty "Uh, we're done here so bye" exit without a single exchange of niceties is quite uncommon for this anime. Bonus points to Ash for being considerate and asking Iris if she was feeling better PLUS complimenting Cilan for his girly performance. Lulzy stuff.

Last edited:

RVD_fan

Pretty good filler, funny premise plus some decent battling, and it's nice to see Snivy getting a workout. My only complaint is that she could've really used a new move there.

XXD17

Draco rex
Alright I might be biased but i completely LOVED this episode...I didn't get much of the mud-slinging (pun fully intended) but watching snivy dominate that useless rodent and its arrogant as hell trainer was enough to make this an awesome episode for me. I don't know why but I just didn't like this cincinno even though I really like cincinno as a pokemon...The only disheartening part was that pansage was used as the fall guy BOTH times...poor pansage...I mean how is a monkey less agile than a walking rose bush?! One last thing...Finally, I think this really is the last nail in the coffin in regards to pikachu's gender...he's a dude people, not a chick turned lesbian, a DUDE...also, cool seed bomb animation on lilligant...

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yay Mijumaru got pwned!!!!! :):p.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Granted, it's never been as pronounced as today, but there's a distinct "meanness" (in a good way!) about her that makes her a more convincing and realistic character.

I love that about her too. I especially love that this "meanness" trait being shared with Georgia is what inspires both their rivalry and gradual bonding. ^_^

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I get the feeling they are giving each pokemon of Ash's one last thing to do before the League. This was Snivy's turn.

I didn't mind Iris commanding Snivy, at least she asked for her. It was just a weird episode. It had some funny parts but it wasn't memorable. I'm just happy Snivy did something.

It was more a statement then a question.. It wasn't as if she said: Can I fight with Snivy? She basically said: I'm going to fight her! And Ash was like: 'uhh, yeah.. Suuuure.. -.-

Best BW episode beside the Litwick mansion story. If only Iwane'd swapped and animated this ep instead of last week's... thing.

The dialogue was so utterly refreshing that I watched without fast-forwarding here and there for the first time in ages. The usual "Yay let's go", "Yay league", "Yay battles" stuff we get to hear about every other week was quickly dealt with in the beginning of the ep, leaving lots of room for hilarious lines and antics once the story got rolling.

I can't remember the last episode that did such a good job at keeping the trio in-character while showing unusual sides of them at the same time. Okay, making 2/3 of them crossdress might have helped tremendously, but still ;P Given that Iris was the star this time, it must've been tempting to not put much effort into the rather minor roles the boys played and make their lines similar, but they made sure Ash's and Cilan's reactions to the whole ordeal had different nuances.

There isn't much to say about Cilan. As far as I'm concerned he's awesomeness personified and this episode was no different. Interesting that they made him and Pansage fail twice, and quite mercilessly at that. Crossdressing doesn't seem to bring him much luck, huh? XD Mamoru Miyano's attempt at saying "**~*~+BULLET SEED+~*~**" had me in stitches.

Iris was the ultimate beast this time and I loved every second of it. She developed a grudge, hurled herself at it and clung to it like a maniac all the way until a punishment was dished out that she deemed satisfactory. That's what I adore about her character: She's definitely a kind person, but she also doesn't let others get away with bull****. Granted, it's never been as pronounced as today, but there's a distinct "meanness" (in a good way!) about her that makes her a more convincing and realistic character. The boys are definitely tamer in that regard, so I appreciate this trait a lot.

Ash was the cutest of the three (c'mon, 3 ribbons!). I was so unhappy about the generic, ever-recurring lines he'd been getting in the vast majority of previous episodes, so seeing such a colorful palette of expressions and tones made me all the more ecstatic. He was the only one who never managed to fully adapt to the situation and spent lots of time looking uncomfortable as hell. He's usually not the sarcastic type, but his grumpy muttering definitely made for some dry humor. I was a bit puzzled why they couldn't have all three of them battle by giving the first or second battle to Ash and Snivy. That way, Iris would've still starred since she was facing the leader of the opera troupe and she would've taken revenge with the Pokémon whose honor she wanted to defend most, Emolga. It would've required a title edit, but who cares.

Still, while the Iris-Cilan-Iris setup seemed a little nonsensical, I have no objections about the way it came to be. Iris may have butted in on Ash a little when she asked to borrow Snivy, but this whole revenge plot was more about Iris than the others to begin with. Snivy was insulted by the girls too, but Ash was ready to let it go while Iris was the one who insisted on kicking their sorry butts. This was her fight and I'm happy they made Ash recognize how important it was to her by stepping aside without much hesitation. As wonderfully silly as this episode was, one cannot deny that it's a HUGE deal for Ash to be unfazed by the fact that both of his friends get to battle, one of them even twice, while he watches on the sidelines.

Finally - greatest ending ever. The boys' cover remained intact till the very end which I didn't expect, plus the hasty "Uh, we're done here so bye" exit without a single exchange of niceties is quite uncommon for this anime. Bonus points to Ash for being considerate and asking Iris if she was feeling better PLUS complimenting Cilan for his girly performance. Lulzy stuff.

Still don't agree.. I felt nothing at the end of this episode.. The nonsense in letting Iris take Ash's spot was just too much for me. Ash-Cilan-Iris would've made much more sense and I thought this really let the episode down..

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Girl Ash should of stayed longer nad had more focus. so freaking adorable! :) Nice episode one of my new favs

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the only thing i learned from this episode is that snivy apparently is better at facing female pokemon than males, weird don't ya think?

It was more a statement then a question.. It wasn't as if she said: Can I fight with Snivy? She basically said: I'm going to fight her! And Ash was like: 'uhh, yeah.. Suuuure.. -.-

Still don't agree.. I felt nothing at the end of this episode.. The nonsense in letting Iris take Ash's spot was just too much for me. Ash-Cilan-Iris would've made much more sense and I thought this really let the episode down..

But this wasn't about Ash, this was Iris' problems she had to deal with. She didn't take any spot of Ash.