• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige! (759)

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Haha, I really like this episode! It was so funny, especially the cross dressing part and its also great to see Ashley again.

I'm glad Ash, Iris and Cilan are on the move again, they were staying in Cynthia's villa for too long and with Jervis taking care of them. XD I'm already excited for the Unova League, the Vertress Conference! Its nice knowing Iris wanted Ash and Cilan to see and visit the Village of Dragons but I think its for another reason. XD Awesome! A new opening, its so cool~!

Lol, they all took a break to go eat some of Jervis's food and Oshawott finished his so ate all of Pignite's. Its funny still seeing them fight, even when Pignite evolved.
Haha, Oshawott just blasted off Hydro Pump on Emolga to bunch of girls that angered Iris by calling all the Pokemon unattractive while theirs are the most attractive in all of Unova.
I guess Iris took it too far this time, trying to chase them and tracked them down 'cause she also got Ash and Cilan to dress like girls... XDDD

Well, Iris got her payback but man, Ash, I mean Ashley was so funny the rest of the way on. XD Saying stuff like; "I this girl nuts?" XD Awe, they even got, Pikachu, I mean Pikachu-ette? To cross dress by using its tail in a heart shape. Haha yeah, too bad Cilan and Pansage got messed up badly the whole run of this episode. XD Ash should've used Snivy... :/

So they go back to the shop, get changed and leave. Haha yeah, so I really like this episode, its super funny and I enjoyed it!

Janovy

Banned
I gotta say, Ash got some really funny lines in this episode, haha.

SlimeStack

Just got around to watching the dubbed version.

This episode was honestly great. No gimmicky Pokémon of the day story, and no cheesy morals to be taught. Just Ash and friends meeting new people and entertaining us with their encounter.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

adamfitz

poké-lover
Haha loved it, was a great comical episode.

The cross dressing part reminded me of James
And I thought since team rockets plan was foiled, maybe they would go back to goofy, which I loved.

Poor cilan and pansage just couldn't measure up
Ashley was quite funny as with pikachu-ette
Great ep.

I wonder what iris is hiding in opalucid city.

Jason Griffith is my favourite current voice actor in the anime. I think Cilan's voice in Japan is too feminine but Griffith has the perfect cross of masculinity and eccentricity.

Jason's my favorite English dub VA in the entire TPCi dub (who has been used for a main character) so far. I enjoy his performance as Cilan.

Just got around to watching the dubbed version.

This episode was honestly great. No gimmicky Pokémon of the day story, and no cheesy morals to be taught. Just Ash and friends meeting new people and entertaining us with their encounter.

Only complaint was Lisa Ortiz, just like back in 4Kids. Can they stop overusing her? Seriously. xD.

You mean the Erika gym right?

Yeah, Erika. XD.

I always get their names confused since the proximity of their gyms was somewhat close. If it were Sabrina, she'd have used Psychic attack and made them all into dolls.

Last edited:

JD

Not going to lie I really like this episode.. probably one of my favorite episodes of Best Wishes along with Dancing With The Ducklett Trio and Rocking The Virbank Gym.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Once this season is over, then TCPi would have dubbed the Pokemon anime just as long as 4Kids. 8-on-8. I wonder how people feel about that.

Seriously, did the show get a bump up in the quality of writing? I rewatched the episode during the Pokemon Bowl Battle thing, and the writing is pretty good. Hope this keeps up.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Once this season is over, then TCPi would have dubbed the Pokemon anime just as long as 4KidsTv. 8-on-8. I wonder how people feel about that.

Seriously, did the show get a bump up in the quality of writing? I rewatched the episode during the Pokemon Bowl Battle thing, and the writing is pretty good. Hope this keeps up.

Well we have the league coming up after this, those are always a treat. :)

I actually could name quite a few BW episodes that had very good writing and had great quality. I really think the writers not having to rely on TRio every episode has really made them think outside of the box and it is certainly helping the show. Like I said, this reminded me of a Kanto episode.

Once this season is over, then TCPi would have dubbed the Pokemon anime just as long as 4KidsTv. 8-on-8. I wonder how people feel about that.

Yeah. I personally feel a bit depressed by that. Pokemon was one of the few dubs (along with YGO and a few others) I feel 4Kids did right, and to me, better than TPCi has. I know TPCi's dub is going to go on longer than the 4Kids dub did, but those eight seasons are always going to be my favorite. You can't beat the classics when it comes to the Pokemon anime for me, I guess. :D

Though, it's funny...I'm strangely finally getting used to/happy with TPCi's dub after all this time.

I actually could name quite a few BW episodes that had very good writing and had great quality. I really think the writers not having to rely on TRio every episode has really made them think outside of the box and it is certainly helping the show. Like I said, this reminded me of a Kanto episode.

I'm strangely feeling similarly, lately. I do like the BW series for some reason. Some of the eps agitate me, but I love others greatly. I have a "love-and-hate" relationship with this saga. In some ways, I feel like BW's reviving the series. In other ways, I feel like it's destroying it. XD.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less. I'm happy Pokémon is still airing.

Good point. At least we still have a dub that's airing on TV (that's improved dramatically from...those dark, days of the BF).

I also hated the DP dub...voices were way too deep for Ash and Brock for my taste.

The BW dub is when I finally began liking TPCi's work.

I think the only voices I somewhat liked since the beginning of TPCi were TRio's. Zoppi has a damn good range and was the only one back then I felt sounded somewhat alike (along with Michele as Jessie).

Last edited:
I'm strangely feeling similarly, lately. I do like the BW series for some reason. Some of the eps agitate me, but I love others greatly. I have a "love-and-hate" relationship with this saga. In some ways, I feel like BW's reviving the series. In other ways, I feel like it's destroying it. XD.

I don't think BW is destroying Pokémon at all honestly. If people can accept this as somewhat of a reset for Ash then I think the series would be much more well received. A lot of the supposed flaws people find with this series aren't really holding it back from being an entertaining show. I know a lot of people are divided on what makes a good Pokémon episode or series and I really feel like a reason why this episode is so popular among many people is that they put entertainment first. They didn't worry about training, battles, development, rivals appearing, Ash getting a badge, etc. This was a fun episode primarily made to entertain us. And that's one of the reasons I love Kanto so much. The plots that they came up with were unique and they weren't repetitive like later series would become. So this episode being like Kanto is certainly a great thing for me.

They didn't worry about training, battles, development, rivals appearing, Ash getting a badge, etc. This was a fun episode primarily made to entertain us. And that's one of the reasons I love Kanto so much. The plots that they came up with were unique and they weren't repetitive like later series would become. So this episode being like Kanto is certainly a great thing for me.

Exactly. It's like BW's brought that simplistic Kanto charm back and makes more...enjoyable episodes...in some ways. You know, more humble, and sticking to the roots of the series. The plots are definitely unique and fresh as well. This is also the time, as far as the dub goes, when I feel TPCi's VAs started to get their act together (I tried re-watching "Our Cup Runneth Over!" from DP-- I swear, I couldn't sit through two minutes of it). In fact, Season 14 was the first time in the English dub since Season 8...I could actually WATCH a dub episode and not have my ears aching from the voice acting. So, there's that as well. xD.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have to admit that I'm surprised by the rave reviews that this episode has gotten. I watched the re-run that aired after the 15th movie today, but I didn't find anything interesting about the episode. Oh sure we got to see Ash and Cilan cross-dress, but we've seen that before, so I wasn't interested. Given that that was the episode's main gimmick, the rest of the episode seemed boring by comparison. I suppose it was interesting seeing Iris command Snivy just to make those snobby girls look bad, but at the same time, I couldn't help but feel that the episode was a waste of time. It was all about making the characters of the day look bad, but I didn't care enough about them to actually enjoy their humiliation. I don't know. I just didn't think this filler was interesting. But hey, that's why they're called fillers right? I'll give this episode four kisses out of ten.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I don't think BW is destroying Pokémon at all honestly. If people can accept this as somewhat of a reset for Ash then I think the series would be much more well received.

The BW backlash because of Ash being "reset" really doesn't showcase any flaw in BW, it showcases the flaw in keeping Ash as a protagonist for all these years. A ridiculous amount of fans seemed way too attached to Ash, making him a surrogate for themselves, and loved seeing him develop as a trainer throughout AG and DP even though his character was horribly flat, static, and two-dimensional. Next to nothing about his actual character has changed in BW, it's the same "I'm mentally dumb but I love all Pokemon and Pokemon battles, gotta battle and catch Pokemon and battle and win badges and battle and act all excited about everything like a typical kid hero in a Shonen series and BATTLE!" Yet his skills as a trainer have been set back, and so everyone is crying that his "character development" has been undone and that the whole show is ruined. My solution? Just get rid of Ash already.

Last edited:
Just get rid of Ash already.

But since that doesn't seem like it would happen, they could you know, try something new with him. I mean look at TR. They were here since the start but BW has made them feel fresh again. Honestly, Ash will stay on this show for a long time.

The BW backlash because of Ash being "reset" really doesn't showcase any flaw in BW[/B]

Most people don't see it that way though. They loved Ash's progression as a trainer in AG and DP but now in BW he obviously isn't as competent. So what do they do? Blame BW.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode. Cross-dressing again, that really brings back memories from Kanto. And as usual, Snivy was just pure brilliant, even under command of Iris. Glad to see Snivy and Emolga get some wins and Iris getting revenge against the three women. Great showing. I love how Snivy really meant business!