• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauties Battling for Pride and Prestige! (759)

Battra

So this episode is a great example of just everything that is wrong with the BW anime. So Iris finally get's an episode and they make it a revenge episode, cause Iris is your typical a petty & jealous girl troupe, She goes around calling other people kids and yet as demonstrated in this episode she's willing to do whatever it takes to get petty revenge on Moira and her friends, even if that means dragging Ash and Cilan along and having them crossdress. Unfortunately the writers will keep having Iris say her trade mark linewith out ever bringing up this episode and shutting her up. This episode is just as pointless and badly written as the first time Ash crossdressed. I will give kudos to the animator's for making Ash & Iris look cute in their dresses.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Once this season is over, then TCPi would have dubbed the Pokemon anime just as long as 4Kids. 8-on-8. I wonder how people feel about that.

Seriously, did the show get a bump up in the quality of writing? I rewatched the episode during the Pokemon Bowl Battle thing, and the writing is pretty good. Hope this keeps up.

Honestly I find it hard to believe. Also, it's pretty depressing (at least to me)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So this episode is a great example of just everything that is wrong with the BW anime. So Iris finally get's an episode and they make it a revenge episode, cause Iris is your typical a petty & jealous girl troupe, She goes around calling other people kids and yet as demonstrated in this episode she's willing to do whatever it takes to get petty revenge on Moira and her friends, even if that means dragging Ash and Cilan along and having them crossdress. Unfortunately the writers will keep having Iris say her trade mark linewith out ever bringing up this episode and shutting her up. This episode is just as pointless and badly written as the first time Ash crossdressed. I will give kudos to the animator's for making Ash & Iris look cute in their dresses.

Iris's kid comments are nothing a joke and gag.

So, Iris dragging them into a crossdressing competition against antagonistic girls is a demonic sin? Okay, good to know.

Kokatsu

I don't think BW is destroying Pokémon at all honestly. If people can accept this as somewhat of a reset for Ash then I think the series would be much more well received. A lot of the supposed flaws people find with this series aren't really holding it back from being an entertaining show. I know a lot of people are divided on what makes a good Pokémon episode or series and I really feel like a reason why this episode is so popular among many people is that they put entertainment first. They didn't worry about training, battles, development, rivals appearing, Ash getting a badge, etc. This was a fun episode primarily made to entertain us. And that's one of the reasons I love Kanto so much. The plots that they came up with were unique and they weren't repetitive like later series would become. So this episode being like Kanto is certainly a great thing for me.

The thing is I was rewatching a few of the BW gym battles and [people say he has no skills but he does in his battles with Skyla,Clay,Brycen and Roxie. I feel like the whole reset thing lasted from BW 1 to maybe before Lenora

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I have to agree about Iris. I was disappointed by her behavior in this episode. It's just that things were finally getting to the point where people stopped complaining about her constant teasing and such, and then the writers made her out to be vengeful, which I really disliked. And like I said before, I didn't care enough about those snobby girls to really enjoy Iris's revenge, so the whole thing seemed like a waste of time.

I will say this though: I loved Cilan's high-pitched voice. It was actually funny, unlike Ash's voice which sounded almost the same as his normal voice. Way to get into character, Miss Natochenny.

The thing is I was rewatching a few of the BW gym battles and [people say he has no skills but he does in his battles with Skyla,Clay,Brycen and Roxie. I feel like the whole reset thing lasted from BW 1 to maybe before Lenora

He's not bad at all in BW. The Elesa thing was more of the case of Ash being overconfident but he still did well in that battle. And with Roxie, I didn't see Ash using 6 Pokémon to beat her as Ash being weak. I saw it as Roxie being really strong. He also made it far in every BW tournament.

I have to agree about Iris. I was disappointed by her behavior in this episode. It's just that things were finally getting to the point where people stopped complaining about her constant teasing and such, and then the writers made her out to be vengeful, which I really disliked. And like I said before, I didn't care enough about those snobby girls to really enjoy Iris's revenge, so the whole thing seemed like a waste of time.

I will say this though: I loved Cilan's high-pitched voice. It was actually funny, unlike Ash's voice which sounded almost the same as his normal voice. Way to get into character, Miss Natochenny.

Iris being vengeful was supposed to be played for comedy and you know what, I found it funny.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Iris being vengeful was supposed to be played for comedy and you know what, I found it funny.

Well I'm sorry, but I didn't think it was funny. Her attitude was scandalous and there were times when she was no better than the girls she despised. I spend so much time defending Iris, but this episode made all of that pointless since some people still believe that she's a hypocrite for acting like a kid when she teases Ash about that all the time. I don't even count this as a development episode for her because the opposite occurred; she took a huge leap back and it really sucks in my opinion. Iris deserved better.

gohan5

Irisboy
Well I'm sorry, but I didn't think it was funny. Her attitude was scandalous and there were times when she was no better than the girls she despised. I spend so much time defending Iris, but this episode made all of that pointless since some people still believe that she's a hypocrite for acting like a kid when she teases Ash about that all the time. I don't even count this as a development episode for her because the opposite occurred; she took a huge leap back and it really sucks in my opinion. Iris deserved better.

Difference of opinion, your idea of humor won't always be the same as others. The whole idea was to beat them at their own game, but Iris hardly seemed despicable like them. Sure she was very motivated, but that's always been her character. So yeah, not a step back for Iris to me, just another entertaining episode.

Next to nothing about his actual character has changed in BW, it's the same "I'm mentally dumb but I love all Pokemon and Pokemon battles, gotta battle and catch Pokemon and battle and win badges and battle and act all excited about everything like a typical kid hero in a Shonen series and BATTLE!" Yet his skills as a trainer have been set back, and so everyone is crying that his "character development" has been undone and that the whole show is ruined. My solution? Just get rid of Ash already.

*Claps loudly and vigorously*

Last edited:
Finally got to see the dub episode. How could she say Tsutarja was unattractive without bursting into flames? xD Anyways, what Iris did was really smart with Leaf Storm. She handled Tsutarja really well.

LizardonX

Banned
This is one of the few times i wanted the enemy COTD to win. Sadly it didn't happen. Moira is so much more beatuiful than all of them.

Except cilan. He wears that dress like a boss.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Hmm... ASHley... That sounds familier... Anyway why does Ash have no recollection of Rosarade!? He only encountered it like a hundred times in Sinnoh! It's obvious that the writers must figure that no one who watched the Sinnoh Saga watches the current Unova Saga! And what's with (Adventures in Unova) what is this the beginning? They already had like a hundred already! Now if it said (NEW Adventures in Unova) then it be a bit more understandable. One more thing! If your going to feature Ash's reserve Pokemon in the title sequence they better actually show up at some point this season! And I don't like how Cinncino was advertised... Tail slap hit's at least twice!

OMG watched one second of the dub.

I gotta hand it to Jason for this. Holy crap, it was amusing for him to be hitting higher notes than AshLEY.

Yeah. Jason's Cilan is pretty good. :)

Hmm... ASHley... That sounds familier... Anyway why does Ash have no recollection of Rosarade!? He only encountered it like a hundred times in Sinnoh! It's obvious that the writers must figure that no one who watched the Sinnoh Saga watches the current Unova Saga! And what's with (Adventures in Unova) what is this the beginning? They already had like a hundred already! Now if it said (NEW Adventures in Unova) then it be a bit more understandable. One more thing! If your going to feature Ash's reserve Pokemon in the title sequence they better actually show up at some point this season! And I don't like how Cinncino was advertised... Tail slap hit's at least twice!

It should sound familiar, actually. It's the same pseudonym Ash used when trying to get into Erika's Gym in Celadon City. ;)

SlimeStack

Anyway why does Ash have no recollection of Rosarade!? He only encountered it like a hundred times in Sinnoh! It's obvious that the writers must figure that no one who watched the Sinnoh Saga watches the current Unova Saga!

They have to cater to people who haven't seen the show before considering it's made for kids. And Ash does know Roserade, he just happens to be the only one with a Pokédex, so he has to do all the scanning. If he doesn't explicitly say out loud that he doesn't know the Pokémon, then he's probably scanning it for the audience or Iris.

matt0044

They have to cater to people who haven't seen the show before considering it's made for kids. And Ash does know Roserade, he just happens to be the only one with a Pokédex, so he has to do all the scanning. If he doesn't explicitly say out loud that he doesn't know the Pokémon, then he's probably scanning it for the audience or Iris.

Ironic since the Pokedex info can be irrelevant to the story at hand which makes it kinda... useless in a way.