1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty Is Skin Deep! (253)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Master Quest' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Beauty Is Skin Deep

Arriving at Blackthorn City, Ash & Co. meet Clair and her Dratini. They decide to help her get the Dragons Fang in the ritual. However Team Rocket appear and want to steal it. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

This episode makes me curious what happened during "The Legend of Dratini". It's interesting that Jessie takes such an interest in dratini while it's still a dratini, but loses all interest when it evolves. I wonder what happened in the episode we didn't see. The ritual in the episode wasn't too interesting, but I like the old guy in the Clair episodes. :D

3. MaskedManAbsolkid

MaskedManAbsolkid Well-Known Member

I liked how we met clair, and ash found out one of the pokemon Clair had, but it started a chain of clair episodes, with the best ones probably being where Dragonite wrecks the dragon's den and the battle between Clair and Ash.

4. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

clair was an interesting character, but enjoyable to watch. it was cool watching dragonite and the other pokemon. 8.7/10

5. Clair's dub voice just poned, k?

Dratini had such an adorable little voice, too <3

I liked how Jessie disliked Dragonair. That came as surprise, I thought she'd like it more that way.

"Meowth, in flight!"

Hehe, nice quote XD

The purification ritual was quite cool as well.

That old guy got old(no pun intended, especially after seeing the episode) real fast. He was also pepper spray to sore eyes ._.

That sandwich thing really irked me. I can see how a donut is feasible, but a SANDWICH? Looks nothing like a sandwich to me ;-;

Overall rating:
    8.4 out of 10
    Nice introductory episode, especially going by Johto's standards.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

6. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

That is so true it made me cry.
    Dude! This was like my favorite episode of the series! Clair's like so "You know I pwn" and I'm like drooling.
    Brock has very very good taste in women. I wish I could flirt with Clair.
    That old guy was so funny.
    One result of this entire episode
    Clair is drop-dead gorgeous!
    And that Dratini is sooo cute!

7. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

I can understand Jessie wanting a Dratini for herself (and not giving it to the boss), but why was she upset when it evolved?

As for Clair, her voice was ok.

Sorry for bumping this thread.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2006
  8. Whoa, Jessie got upset over Dratini evolving, that was probably the only interesting thing that happened

9. Crystal Clair

Crystal Clair Well-Known Member

I just saw the raw version of this epsisode and wow, Ibuki sounded so similar to Clair, yet so different

and the music and Japanese sound effects were so interesting. Is it always like that in the Johto episodes or was this episode special.

10. Aqua-Mew

Aqua-Mew Member

I really liked the EP. One of my favorites. Her Dratini was cute, and I loved the part when it tried to slither to the river and Jessie kinda pulled it back. Dragonair had the beauty, I love its color and its cry.

11. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I love this EP! It introduces my favorite Gym Leader of all time!! I wish she would make another appearence in the anime.

12. bhrettzerda053

bhrettzerda053 I have returned.....

Oooh, Jesse seems to want a Dratini for herself, huh? Too bad when she wanted Clair's Dratini for herself, it ended up evolving into Dragonair. I don't know why it happened, but I loved how Dragonair could fly. Clair seems kind, and interesting. My overall rating is 9/10.

13. The carter

The carter Marsh Trainer

I really liek this episode , it features the legendary introduction of raywuaza ,who was then still just only known as the dragon of light xD! So for that only I woudl rate this ep 15/10 ,lol

14. Meppe

Meppe Member

This is my favourite. Normally I don't like flashbacks, but the one to lake of rage was great. 4 dragons in one ep must be a record. As for the Dratini> Dragonair evulotion I guess Dratini got mad and wanted to fight team rocket.

10000000000000000000/10 is my rating.

15. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

it has been a while since i saw a dragonite in the series.

16. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

Clair is a cool character. This was a great episode to watch. Dratini was so cute.

17. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Clair is a good gymleader, she's my favorite from Johto

18. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

I thought this was a great episode. It was a really good introduction to Clair and to Blackthorn City. I thought the Dratini was cute, and I like how Gyrados was protecting it. I enjoyed seeing the ritual of the Dragon Fang, and also seeing Dratini evolve into Dragonair. I thought it was interesting when Kaburagi told Ash, Misty, and Brock about how when a dragon Pokemon dies it becomes a star in the sky.

19. BogleDominic Crazy Anime

BogleDominic Crazy Anime I love Pokemon!

That Dratini will might be the first time kids seen it deu to what happen in the Safari zone...
    Clair looks great! Why do dragon pokemon allways the best in the world!

20. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Dratini was cute, but Dragonair is stronger. Clair's first appearance was good.