• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauty Is Skin Deep! (253)

Gillachu

Banned
Clair was edgy and easily angered in G/S/C, but she ended up being completely boring in the show. I expected more...

Watching Ash's adventures in Blackthorn City was great + Clair having to do the ritual with Dratini and the Dragon Fang was an effective plot.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode was a good introduction to Clair. I thought the Dratini was cute and I like how Gyrados was protecting it. I enjoyed seeing the ritual of the Dragon Fang and also seeing Dratini evolve into Dragonair.~

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Satoshi and friends were now in Fusube City, although it didn't resemble an actual city. Seeing Ibuki animated was great, even though she was wearing a different outfit for 75% of the episode. Ibuki's Miniryu was adorable and seeing it evolved into Hakuryu against the Rocket-dan reminded me of the Safari Zone episode.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Blackthorn City's arc began here and I loved it. Clair looked hot in her normal clothes and her Dratini's evolution scene was so cool. I liked the ritual scene too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Even though this episode was meant to focus on Miniryu and Ibuki, I kind of wish that the Gym match between Satoshi and Ibuki had begun here since the dragon ritual plot was insipid.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought so too. When we saw Dragonair in the 2nd Pikachu short it looked medium sized, but Clair's Dragonair was at least twice as thick.

The Hakuryu that Ibuki owned here was approximately the same size as Kaiser's Hakuryu was in the Kanto Safari Zone episode, however. So there wasn't much of a size discrepancy.

So Dratini was finally shown for the first time in the dubbed anime which was a pretty cool moment. I liked how Clair had to help her Dratini evolve as part of that ritual and I liked that she had a Gyarados because even though we had seen so many of those in the past, it made sense that she would have one since it was one of the few dragon-like Pokemon that we had at this point.