• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauty & The Beach! (018)

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I was able to get the whole episode in English, apart the James bikini which was unfortunatley edited out lol.

I think it was good to see the whole Pallet possé again (including Gary :D), which is good because there aren't too many episodes featuring them all, certainly not until the start of the Indigo league.

Oh by the way who knicked the boat? Misty blamed Ash, Ash then blamed Brock saying "guess he has some pretty rich friends" and claimed he went on it because Brock went on it, and then Brock flat out denied it and said "I was only following Pikachu!" Then they ended up colliding with Team Rocket's subarine. Hmm interesting.

Another question: When exactly was this aired? it seems it was dubbed at time 4kids were at the later stages of the Indigo tournament, I say that because couldn't help but notice the background theme to "We all live in a Pokémon world" from the Orange Islands saga, and Ash's voice doesn't exactly seem to fit in with the rest of the episodes around that time it either.

Typical ending I guess, Ash is ultamitley the hero of the show, telling everybody the Gyarados coming from the sea was actually Team Rocket's submarine, and then was amazingly able to re-direct an incoming missile using Pidgeotto and Charmander, making Gary look a bit sh*t.

Very good episode though, a solid 9/10 for me.

Last edited:

MISTYFAN4EVER8887

I've have both the edited US version and the uncut Japanese version of this ep. downloaded on my computer. It's hilarious!! Misty and Jessie both look hot in bikinis. But as for James, stick with the shorts, dude.

As for Sharpshooter mentioning Ash and co. stealing the boat, this has to be the ONLY time when those three ever steal anything on the show. Usually the stealing is left to Team Rocket.

Good ep., 8/10.

Chris

Old Coot
Sharpshooter said:
Oh by the way who knicked the boat? Misty blamed Ash, Ash then blamed Brock saying "guess he has some pretty rich friends" and claimed he went on it because Brock went on it, and then Brock flat out denied it and said "I was only following Pikachu!" Then they ended up colliding with Team Rocket's subarine. Hmm interesting.
All three of them were to blame, actually. They all got on the boat without permission and ended up slamming into the Rocket Gang's sub then they didn't even attempt steering away from the port. o_o; Not to mention, they all got on without asking beforehand. >.>;

Sharpshooter said:
Another question: When exactly was this aired? it seems it was dubbed at time 4kids were at the later stages of the Indigo tournament, I say that because couldn't help but notice the background theme to "We all live in a Pokémon world" from the Orange Islands saga, and Ash's voice doesn't exactly seem to fit in with the rest of the episodes around that time it either.
Japanese Air Date: July 29th, 1997
American Air Date: June 24th, 2000

Sometime into the Orange Islands is when the dub aired it.

T

TrainerRicardo

I agree. Misty and Jessie look great in bikinis!

Of course, this episode was not shown here due to the PC network standards and practices. The scene with James (shudder) would have angered parents who would have complained to the network, boycotted the sponsors, or even might have went to the FCC.

I wish I could see that episode uncut myself. I never have.

Why is it all banned episodes are good? Dratini, Porygon, this, and many others. UNFAIR. I wish I coulda seen this one, editted or uncut, but w/e.

Overall *guess*rating:
8.8 out of 10!!!
Now, if only I had actually SEEN it............Meh, not all dreams come true.

SC~ out

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I just recently got my hands on an uncut and fansubbed version of this episode. Really, Kojiru's bikini sequence hardly even lasts a full minute and isn't even all that crucial to the plot - this episode could easily have been broadcast during the original first American season if 4Kids had just done the appropriate editing (and not waited until two years later to finally do so) - although I will admit, Kasumi's face is priceless during this scene, especially when Kojiru waves his endowments around and brags "Wait eight years and you'll have these!". Still, banning the entire episode doesn't seem necessary now that I've witnessed it firsthand.

And this episode was funny, too. Its "Pokémon Dare Da?" was classic, for one. It also brought back a lot of characters you wouldn't normally see otherwise (Hanako, Ookido-Hakase, and Shigeru). And it turns out I was wrong - Gary's cheerleading entourage made its debut in this episode, not "Dig Those Diglett".

Well, that's one banned episode down and three to go...

MUSASHI: Launch-baba!...Oh, now she's got me doing it.

Last edited:

kingboo30

Dynamo Trainer
Edward Elric said:
Nothing wrong with it? Kojirou was groping and fondling his own fake breasts and bragging about how Kasumi needed to wait 8 more years to have a pair like his. How is that not wrong for American kids to see? >_>;

Well 4 more years to go! LOL. Now I can see why 4kids never aired for a second time. You don't know American kids these days. They look at those magazines.

B

Blaziken master

I recently saw this episode and its actually funnier than I thought.I love the part where meowth blows up the old man's cooker with gas

M

Monster

I never saw this episode, or the horribly butchered dub either. I wish I could have seen the original Japanese episode, James in a bikini would have been funny. May could have won the contest if she was around at the time if you know what I mean. XD And the worst part is that she's only 10! XD

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Cybercubed said:
Yeah, if May was around back in that swimsuit contest she would have won. :x
C'mon, you know there's no possible way she could have beaten Delia. She deserved that trophy and much, much more.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Delia only won because she was the mother of the main character of the show.

Some of the other bikini girls in that ep looked MUCH better than Delia.

Gary's cheerleaders for one thing...

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Well, Gary's cheerleaders did look good, and seeing Jessie in a bikini made me realize how hot she was, but my personal favorite in that episode will always be Delia.