• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauty & The Beach! (018)

keepitsimple

site of lies
I didn't see the episode until a few years ago and the only reason why I watched the episode was because of the reason why it's infamous: James' fake boobs. And to be honest that's really the only entertaining part. I don't mind that this episode was banned from the dub.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked the Japanese version of this episode more than the dub cuz of the scenes that were uncut. The beach scenes were fun to watch and seeing Gary, Oak and Ash's mom again was great too. Brutella was ugly however.

Gillachu

Banned
Ahh the infamous "lost" dub episode. I liked the original version with James's inflatable breasts and the old guy's creepy line to Misty lmao.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol yes the old dude was extremely awkward and pervy in that scene.

Well I guess 4Kids really had their hands full with editing in this episode, which could explain why it took so long for the dubbed version to finally air in the Orange Islands arc. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
I didn't like how butchered 4Kids made this episode's dub. The James breast scene made sense to delete but the rest of the episode seemed too choppy also. 6/10

Good banned episode: I only saw this one once when I was 8, but the best moment was definitely seeing Ash's mother + Professor Oak again. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Kojirou inflated breast scene seems like it's what most viewers remember from the original Japanese version of this episode, but for me watching Satoshi's friends and him hanging out and just having fun at the beach like real kids was enough of a good time.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So if the message of Serena wanting to end up with a guy she likes is a bad message, shouldn't this be a worse message to girls since it's saying to treat their bodies like objects and basically promoting prostitution? Talk about double standards of the fanbase just because she's Misty and this is the OS.
Anyways this episode is bad imo no wonder why it was banned.
0/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
So if the message of Serena wanting to end up with a guy she likes is a bad message, shouldn't this be a worse message to girls since it's saying to treat their bodies like objects and basically promoting prostitution? Talk about double standards of the fanbase just because she's Misty and this is the OS.
Anyways this episode is bad imo no wonder why it was banned.
0/10

How did this episode promote prostitution? All we saw was a few girls (and Kojirou) in bikinis. By this logic, every episode of the anime featuring girls in swimsuits is bad.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I laughed when Misty hit Ash with her beach ball. I also liked seeing Ash and friends crash that boat and I liked seeing Professor Oak, Delia, and Gary at the beach competition in the episode's second half. I especially enjoyed Brutella's interactions with Team Rocket.~

Leonhart

Imagineer
This lost episode deserved to be shown during Kanto instead of getting skipped over and shown in OI.

Presumably, 4Kids just didn't have time to edit the episode during the Kanto saga, so they skipped it. Although why they eventually aired it a year late is anyone's guess.

I've watched the dub version, but I could never be bothered to watch it all the way through in Japanese. I've seen that James in a bikini scene though, and it's both disturbing and hilarious. I actually didn't find this actual episode (in the dub, at least) very enjoyable.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I feel like this whole episode is only famous due to James's inflatable breasts while the plot itself is hardly even cared for, which says a lot about the quality of writing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I feel like this whole episode is only famous due to James's inflatable breasts while the plot itself is hardly even cared for, which says a lot about the quality of writing.

Kojirou's costume for the beach competition in this episode is definitely the highlight in terms of controversial moments, and I did find the rest of the episode kind of bland, although I was just pleased to see Hanako outside of Masara Town.