• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauty & The Breeder! (171)

I found how the episode ended to be odd, in which it's never stated if Brock and Suzie won or not.
I would have liked to know that.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww I was sad to see Brock give his Vulpix back to Suzy and I felt bad that Suzy all ready had a boyfriend. Poor Brock he can never find love ha ha. I enjoyed the pokemon breeder competition alot. ^_^

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Brock never did much with Vulpix anyway lol, so him giving it back wasn't such a bad thing. ;)

While Vulpix was kind of ignored for the most part, I was a huge fan of its design and I just wish that Brock had kept it here so that we could see its cuteness in the cast still.

Gillachu

Banned
While Vulpix was kind of ignored for the most part, I was a huge fan of its design and I just wish that Brock had kept it here so that we could see its cuteness in the cast still.

So he should've stayed just to be cute? No thanks. He was better off with Suzie...

JudySpell

Banned
Suzie coming back and reclaiming Vulpix stung. It was probably good for Vulpix to leave since he did nothing but I missed his presence. 6.5/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Noooo, Brock's cute little Vulpix left! It made me sad that things between Brock and Suzie didn't work out, and I thought it was kind of inappropriate for Zane to snap at Misty for admiring his Ninetales.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Back when we first saw Yuki in Kanto, I didn't think we'd ever be seeing her again. I liked how nervous Takeshi was to meet her again, and him bringing her a bouquet of roses was sweet. I didn't like Hibiki, though. He was conceited, but I did like how his Kyuukon and Yuki's Rokon collaborated to beat the Rocket-dan.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode, but it is a shame that Brock had to return Vulpix to Suzie, the rightful owner (Brock knew it had to be done when the time came). Zane and his Ninetales were fine. Glad that Suzie and Zane can get together to start up a business with Vulpix and Ninetales. Team Rocket took too much time here, taking away the overall results of the beauty contest.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, Takeshi handing Rokon back to Yuki in this episode frustrated me as a child, but now I find it to be a good thing since it's not like Rokon was doing much good on Takeshi's team, anyway.

Alloutℯ

Banned
So when exactly did Brock and Suzie make an arrangement to meet and exchange Vulpix? Because the whole thing happened so suddenly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hibiki seemed like a prototype of Shuu from Advanced Generation now that I think of it given how much both value physical attractiveness in their Pokemon.

Brock's Vulpix leaving was one of the worst decisions ever made in this saga. I know that Vulpix didn't do much of anything any way but still, Brock's team needed something cute to balance it out and now the only cute Pokemon that he had was given back to the Suzie chick. Speaking of her, I didn't like how the episode shoved that guy into her life since it meant that Brock effectively got rejected.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Speaking of her, I didn't like how the episode shoved that guy into her life since it meant that Brock effectively got rejected.

Hibiki's whole purpose was simply to put an end to Takeshi's crush on Yuki from my perspective. He was clearly meant to be Yuki's love interest, which meant that any hopes of her ending up with Takeshi were dashed as soon as he appeared.

Hibiki's whole purpose was simply to put an end to Takeshi's crush on Yuki from my perspective. He was clearly meant to be Yuki's love interest, which meant that any hopes of her ending up with Takeshi were dashed as soon as he appeared.

Yeah I can totally see that now and it still makes me mad. Not that I thought Brock would hook up with Suzie, but I hate when the writing staff add characters into episode just to mess with shippers.

I didn't even remember who Suzie was when I first saw this episode on DVD because it had been such a long time since she had appeared in Kanto. I thought that Brock's sudden deal to return Vulpix to her didn't make sense since she had given Vulpix to him with no strings attached before. I wish that Vulpix had decided to just stay with Brock instead of leaving with Suzie. Vulpix was such a cutie and Brock deserved to keep it on his team. 6/10

NOOOO VULPIX :(

I miss you