• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beauty & The Meowth (1057)

p96822

Evolve me please
Wasn't Meowth suddenly being able to thrash all the twerps' powerhouses with one Fury Swipes just because he was on an emotional high in that DP filler equally forced though?

They still let all the twerps' Pokemon take a pounding. It's rare we see the girls' Pokemon ever take damage these days, it's either a curbstomp or they stay in the background forgetting they even have Pokemon, while in this one they let them all try to fight and weren't afraid to show the power difference, which made Pheromosa feel a lot more like a threat.

What is your promblem with the girl Pokemon taking any damage. I mean they were charging at Pheromosa before it kick them.

DatsRight

What is your promblem with the girl Pokemon taking any damage. I mean they were charging at Pheromosa before it kick them.

I just prefer the indiscriminate route where every character is free game. Lately they avoid letting the girls get hit much, even slapstick is more minimal, which kinda limits their agency in action/battle heavy episodes unless its mindlessly one sided and easy for them, so it's nice seeing an episode where all six protagonists try to take part and take equal lumps. I dunno, I just kinda obsess over protagonist fallibility.

It says something when Pheromosa felt like a more mortal threat for the girls than main arc villains like Team Flare or Mother Beast, neither of which landed a single scratch on their Pokemon and knew to just tower menacingly around them.

p96822

Evolve me please
I just prefer the indiscriminate route where every character is free game. Lately they avoid letting the girls get hit much, even slapstick is more minimal, which kinda limits their agency in action/battle heavy episodes unless its mindlessly one sided and easy for them, so it's nice seeing an episode where all six protagonists try to take part and take equal lumps. I dunno, I just kinda obsess over protagonist fallibility.

It says something when Pheromosa felt like a more mortal threat for the girls than main arc villains like Team Flare or Mother Beast, neither of which landed a single scratch on their Pokemon and knew to just tower menacingly around them.

Who really care if the girl Pokemon get hit or not

DatsRight

Who really care if the girl Pokemon get hit or not

Again, I obsess over fallibility. Seeing characters being immune to the thick of things and never getting a single scratch on them makes them less sympathetic to me. I like knowing there was a chance they could lose, which admittedly is hard with hero characters sometimes. Anyway the girls do still need to battle sometimes, so they should logically be put on the defence or lose at some points, especially if they aren't that experienced.

Besides that I like seeing times where it really feels like everyone's running at full power, not holding the idiot ball or standing their stupidly to let the other side get the upper hand. Omode has been kinda decent for these sort of episodes in SM really, having more case the story goes 'Hey that's right, this character still exists, let's have them do this, or put in an excuse why they don't do this'. The Alolan Meowth episode similarly had a large amount of the twerps' Pokemon trying to help out, while the Celesteela one had the whole group having to chip in against the combined threat of Celesteela and Team Rocket.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Overall it was a good episode. Pheromosa was potrayed better than previous UB. The highlight moment was Bewear vs Pheromosa of course. I'm not sure if the moves she used were Brutal Swing, Thrash, Mega Kick and Strength/Superpower? Either way her red aura during the battle made me think if she is really or Totem or not.
Also this is the first UG mission we have since the new additions of Eevee, Shaymin and Meltan. We didn't get to see them a lot in their UG oufits, but as much as I saw, Shaymin seemed to have the ribbon, same as the female pokemon, while Meltan had only the button, like the male pokemon. Not sure about Eevee as I couldn't see it clearly but I think it was wearing the button around its neck same as Torracat.
Would have loved it if Kiawe, Soph or Mallow would have captured Pheromosa but either way was a good episode.

p96822

Evolve me please
Again, I obsess over fallibility. Seeing characters being immune to the thick of things and never getting a single scratch on them makes them less sympathetic to me. I like knowing there was a chance they could lose, which admittedly is hard with hero characters sometimes. Anyway the girls do still need to battle sometimes, so they should logically be put on the defence or lose at some points, especially if they aren't that experienced.

Besides that I like seeing times where it really feels like everyone's running at full power, not holding the idiot ball or standing their stupidly to let the other side get the upper hand. Omode has been kinda decent for these sort of episodes in SM really, having more case the story goes 'Hey that's right, this character still exists, let's have them do this, or put in an excuse why they don't do this'. The Alolan Meowth episode similarly had a large amount of the twerps' Pokemon trying to help out, while the Celesteela one had the whole group having to chip in against the combined threat of Celesteela and Team Rocket.

Pheromosa didn't knock out any of the said Pokemon so it really a big deal

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Pheromosa didn't knock out any of the said Pokemon so it really a big deal
Me have thing to say: You keep sounding tryhard about disliking things so much! Funny!

A fine UB episode and the 2nd best behind Guzzlord imo. The humor felt right in about all areas and I loved Pheromosa's personality. Bewear vs Pheromosa was, of course, the true highlight of this! One thing though...how the hell did Pheromosa hold all of those Z-Crystals in her top-shirt...thing...? Where exactly are they stored in there?

p96822

Evolve me please
Me have thing to say: You keep sounding tryhard about disliking things so much! Funny!

A fine UB episode and the 2nd best behind Guzzlord imo. The humor felt right in about all areas and I loved Pheromosa's personality. Bewear vs Pheromosa was, of course, the true highlight of this! One thing though...how the hell did Pheromosa hold all of those Z-Crystals in her top-shirt...thing...? Where exactly are they stored in there?

I'm not trying to sound like a "Tryhard" I'm just saying that Pheromosa didn't knock out any of the main characters Pokemon. Plus maybe this is just of personal taste. I think Phermosa is a bland Pokemon. A Murkrow could do the job of stealing Z Crystals over it.

ShadowForce720

I'm not trying to sound like a "Tryhard" I'm just saying that Pheromosa didn't knock out any of the main characters Pokemon. Plus maybe this is just of personal taste. I think Phermosa is a bland Pokemon. A Murkrow could do the job of stealing Z Crystals over it.

Not really, considering that a single Murkrow is no where near as strong as Pheromosa and would likely not be able to steal the amount of Z-crystals that Pheromosa was able to steal, and while Pheromosa didn't knock the other pokemon out the point is it was still strong enough to where the pokemon on the main cast couldn't get the Z-crystals back from it and Bewear had to step in to deal with Pheromosa itself.

It was pretty clear that Pheromosa was a threat. So really I'm not seeing how this is the worst UB episode that we gotten.

p96822

Evolve me please
Not really, considering that a single Murkrow is no where near as strong as Pheromosa and would likely not be able to steal the amount of Z-crystals that Pheromosa was able to steal, and while Pheromosa didn't knock the other pokemon out the point is it was still strong enough to where the pokemon on the main cast couldn't get the Z-crystals back from it and Bewear had to step in to deal with Pheromosa itself.

This is the anime where any Pokemon can be strong. And I think a Murkrow or a murder of Murkrow could steal Z Crystal from people.

ShadowForce720

This is the anime where any Pokemon can be strong. And I think a Murkrow or a murder of Murkrow could steal Z Crystal from people.

Within bounds of reason, outside of the times where Meowth become competent, random pokemon don't wind up going becoming overpowered for no reason. That's like saying that oh well this is the anime so a Magikarp can evolve into Arceus, which while it is anime even the pokemon anime has some actual logic to how it's do things to where outside of a dream your not going to have a Magikarp just randomly evolve into Arceus.

There is no reason for one single Murkrow to suddenly be overpowered and be able to steal all of the Z-crystals.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
btw, is it me or does the anime have something with roaches lately? First the meltan act and sound like roaches, then pheromosa appears (self explanatory), and when she drops the crystals, they kinda fall like roaches

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
The way it hustled into Hala’s house was funny.
I know right, almost as if it thought this was Legend of Zelda.

When will Meowth learn he will never breed.
Especially with a genderless species, but he weren't to know that was he? (Which in a way makes it messed up as Jessie said during the episode)

XXD17

Draco rex
The main reason I like these Ultra Guardian episodes is that they help confirm the genders of the main cast. From this ep, we now know that vikavolt is male and that shaymin and meltan are considered female and male respectively even though they are genderless. What bugged me a little was that it seemed like they were intentionally hiding Nagisa's gender because of all the shots it was in, it was in the background and you can't tell if it was wearing a crest or a bow.

Also, that bewear has to be hacked at this point lol.

ShadowForce720

The main reason I like these Ultra Guardian episodes is that they help confirm the genders of the main cast. From this ep, we now know that vikavolt is male and that shaymin and meltan are considered female and male respectively even though they are genderless. What bugged me a little was that it seemed like they were intentionally hiding Nagisa's gender because of all the shots it was in, it was in the background and you can't tell if it was wearing a crest or a bow.

Actually after watching it in sub I saw a brief scene where it showed all the Ultra Guardian Pokemon together(minus the ride pokemon) after they first arrived at the base, and it look like Nagisa was wearing a crest like the other male pokemon instead of a bow, so I think Nagisa is actually a male Eevee.

p96822

Evolve me please
Rewatching this episode, I found this episode kinda of bland then what everyone is praising it too be. I n ever understood why people like Pheromosa? I though it was kinda of bland and only intressed in the Z Crystal.

As for Meowth, I found his crush on Pheromosa kinda of creepy and doesn't have any punch to it. If Meowth was effectived by the pheromones that Pheromosa then I would have been more on board with this episode. I felt this is kind of a repeat of Meowzee because she was materialist as Pheromosa and not treating him right. The only thing you can say about Meowth calling Pheromosa by her code name beauty. The only reason this is a plot point so Pheromosa would know about the Z Crystal and the trap it could have step into. Which I think Pheromosa could jump high enough to get the Z Crystals without stepping on Meowth's face. Really after that I don't really care what happen in this episode. It make me regent saying the Buzzwole episode was not that great even though I still find that episode not that intressing ether, but it did had Buzzwole's character down that was far more fun.

I think the Ultra Guardian could have tried battling Pheromosa without relining on there Z Move to see if they can hit Pheromosa. Like Turtonator could have blocked her kicks and use Shell Trap as a super effective move, Lycanroc trying to use it's own speed to try to match Pheromosa, or Brionne trying trap it in it's bubbles. There could have so many ways that this could have gone. Bewear just feels like a complete cop out for the Ultra Guardian not battling Pheromosa.

So I'll give this episode a 3/10

Shotgunrain

LGPE introduced the gender differentiation to Eevee based on its tail. Lana's Eevee has the male tail so I'm going to assume that it's male.

And also did they defy game logic once again? Ash caught Pheromosa while it was fainted. I mean I don't have a problem with this, if anything it shows how the games are flawed in catching Pokemon.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
LGPE introduced the gender differentiation to Eevee based on its tail. Lana's Eevee has the male tail so I'm going to assume that it's male.

And also did they defy game logic once again? Ash caught Pheromosa while it was fainted. I mean I don't have a problem with this, if anything it shows how the games are flawed in catching Pokemon.
Nope

The heart pattern is literally only used for the Partner Eevee

All the other female Eevees in the game have the same tail as the males

Probably so as to not break continuity with Eevee previously seen (May, Serena, etc)