• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO!! Does the Bible have a legitimate place in modern debate?

Does the Bible have a legitimate place in modern debates when it has something to say

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I may be religious and all, but you clearly cannot use the bible as support for a debate. What proof or credibility does it have? It simply has stories that Christianity believes in. That's it.

Dunning

God's Soldier
My proof of God is mostly personal experiences, but here is a link on someone who did it in a way made more to be a proof
Link One
Link Two
if I copied down the wrong URL tell me, but I am pretty sure I didnt, I will double check when I am less tired, sounds like this debate is winding down though

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
My proof of God is mostly personal experiences, but here is a link on someone who did it in a way made more to be a proof
Link One
Link Two
if I copied down the wrong URL tell me, but I am pretty sure I didnt, I will double check when I am less tired, sounds like this debate is winding down though

Yeah really a lot of talking to explain nothing. Oh miracles so far back they can't be proven and historical evidence. (No duh it was written a long time ago)

Profesco

gone gently
I think this thread is winding down, too. With TheFightingPikachu so infrequent a participant, mattj is the only one to raise a sustained defense of his thesis, and it seems to be unanimously recognized that his debating methods are not conducive to helpful discussion - and the responses to him are not much more helpful, either. On top of that, it seems both sides raise questions that go unsatisfactorily answered according to some point of view or other, and we are not getting anywhere.

Dunning is a welcome new addition, but I have to agree that the content of the discussions with him is his personal Christian faith rather than the merits or justifications of the Bible itself.

And a final note: this thread has been a breeding ground for infractions because of the way some of the major players interact here. I'm just not interested in keeping up that amount of policing for a thread that isn't really working out well anyway. It's not cost-effective, imo.

Maybe we'll have another big Christianity-related debate after this, but in the meantime let's take a breather.

Status
Not open for further replies.