• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beg, Burrow and Steal! (383)

Chris

Old Coot
The Big Al said:
I'm thinking Trapinch's dub voice will be similar to Seedot's dub voice.
I'm assuming you haven't seen the sixth movie, right? Because Ludicolo's voice is TERRIBLE in English. They decided to make it sound like a 34-year old man. :\

Alfonso

Derpgull
Edward Elric said:
I'm assuming you haven't seen the sixth movie, right? Because Ludicolo's voice is TERRIBLE in English. They decided to make it sound like a 34-year old man. :\

XD

Sorry, but I just found that funny. That aside, I've always thought that Ludicolo's dub voice was pretty funny. Ludi~colo... LU-DI-COLO!

G

Gryphon Turboclaw

Yamato-san said:
that's Registeel, not Regirock.

Blast it all, he beat me to it!!! (GT slams his fist on the control panel, only to discover to his horror that he accidently hit the trigger for the AT-MTB's proton torpedo battery...seconds later, his beak hits the deck as half the thread is blasted into a cratered ruin by over four dozen massive explosions). Doh!!!

The Big Al said:
I'm thinking Trapinch's dub voice will be similar to Seedot's dub voice.

Crap, Ash let them all get away.

Those were some pretty big pits for such little Pokemon. But when they started munching on the Diglett Mech, Kodak moment.

Personally, I'm hoping for dub voice akin to Corphish's, albeit a little higher-pitched. That just seems to fit these critters to a T. As to the pits, I found myself imagining Ash-tachi thinking, "Did we just miss a meteor shower?" as they got to those sand-holes. That Diglett tank demolition was a riot...Attack of the Pack-Emon, anyone?

BTW, did anyone notice something in common among the other wild pokemon in this ep? Nidoran (fe)male, Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Donphan, and Girafarig...all pre-Hoenn field pokemon. I don't exactly mind, but I do find it a little jarring. Why no Poochyena/Mightyena, Zigzagoon/Linoones, and/or Electrikes/Manetrics?

frednmethod said:
Just saw the ep pics...

Poor Brock, crying for two eps in a row because of not getting the girl...

Man, is Ash lucky or what?

Indeed, fred...When I saw those pics(with Ash underground with that ranger), I just got a feeling that someone's going to make a ship out of them. She certainly wouldn't the first one-shot female character that Ash has been paired of with in ships...

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Gryphon Turboclaw said:
BTW, did anyone notice something in common among the other wild pokemon in this ep? Nidoran (fe)male, Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Donphan, and Girafarig...all pre-Hoenn field pokemon. I don't exactly mind, but I do find it a little jarring. Why no Poochyena/Mightyena, Zigzagoon/Linoones, and/or Electrikes/Manetrics?
Both Zigzagoon and Poochyena were present.
travischu said:
Theres proboly gonna be a new shipping for that lady and that guy.
I've already named it TrapinchShipping.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I've always liked Trapinch's design.

-It's Orange and White, like a clown fish or an orange creamsicle.

-It has macaroni legs.

-Its face is shaped like a Corphish claw.

-Its shiny.

-The best part is the eye, which is a star inside of a black circle. It reminds me of the old dot fade-out that old fashion TVs have.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Me thinks Supersonic is an egg move for Trapinch.

Pack-Emon, XD. Now all we needed are some Shuppet.

EDIT: Me thought wrong. :(

Geodude

Great. Looks like the writers are confusing Vibrava with Yanma... -_-

The Big Al said:
Me thinks Supersonic is an egg move for Trapinch.

Not according to either this site's Pokedex or my printed NP guide. Both say that Trapinch's only egg moves are Focus Energy, Quick Attack, and Gust.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Geodude said:
Great. Looks like the writers are confusing Vibrava with Yanma... -_-

They've been putting attacks on Pokemon that have never learned them since the beginning almost. This is just the latest victim. But yeah -_-.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I checked it as well. It isn't an Egg Move. I thought it was. Oh well, I'm not all knowing.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Maybe it will be like Gary's Arcanine. At the time the episode aired, they could not get fire spin, but later it became an egg move or whatever. It seems unlikely that this will be the case, but you never know. Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good episode, it reminded me a lot of the episode with Steven way back on Dewford Island. Seeing the Trapinch line in the show was pretty cool, I've always thought they were interesting pokémon. Am I the only one who thinks Vibrava (and Flygon too for that matter) should have been bug types? I mean, just look at them, they look like bugs. They should have been Bug/Ground, or better yet, Bug/Dragon, now that would have made for a really interesting type combo. It was also kinda fun to see TR's Diglett make an appearance for the first time since the Sowpoke well. It's really weird not having Oak's lectures any more, I was expecting it to come on after the preview of the next episode.XD

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Heracross said:
Maybe it will be like Gary's Arcanine. At the time the episode aired, they could not get fire blast, but later it became an egg move or whatever.
Actually, they could always get Fire Blast - via TM 38 in RBY, for starters.

G

Gryphon Turboclaw

Murgatroyd said:
Both Zigzagoon and Poochyena were present..

Muchos gracias for the info. Though now I'm wondering why a forest-dweller like Ziggy would venture out to a desert, of all places.

Wait a minute...Vibrava with Supersonic?!?!?! I know they can Screech, and that they cause sonic blasts by vibrating their wings(probably how they cause Earthquakes and Rock Slides; by directing those blasts at the ground)...I guess the writers figured that the Vibrava should be able to pull off Supersonic through wing vibration as well(like Yanma).

Murgatroyd said:
I've already named it TrapinchShipping.

I wonder, then, what a shipping between Ash and that same woman would be called...(shrugs) Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Old Coot
SatoTraping perhaps? >_> *shot*

Yeah, I found it odd that Vibrava used Supersonic out of nowehere when the darn thing can't even learn the attack. o_O

V Faction

www.faction.com
Crazy. Truthfully, I had thought it could get the attack from somewhere, but I do believe I was confusing it with Screech. Could they [the writers] have gotten confused too? Bleh, this gets me worried about later on when the episode gets dubbed, for it may be mistaken as Screech. While at its core the attack is wrong, it should still be concluded as wrong through any version it may pass :)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Juputoru said:
Actually, they could always get Fire Blast - via TM 38 in RBY, for starters.
He/she was referring to Fire Spin, which it used in that episode before it could get it in the games. The writer fo the post must have remembered wrong or wrote wrong.

Anyway, it is most odd that Supersonic was used. Contrary to what Big Al said, it is EXTREMELY rare for the anime to have a Pokemon use an attack they can't learn at all in the games (beyond the basic Tackle of course). About the only exceptions I can recall are the Kanto Raticate's Jump Kick, and Brock's Golbat using Sonicboom in one episode.

I'm not bothered by it though, as these Pokemon rightfully should be able to learn those moves, they fit them well enough after all. ^_^