• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beg, Burrow and Steal! (383)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Why is everyone bashing the animation? AG had average animation, nothing too bad.

We finally get a debut episode for both Trapinch and Vibrava (together no less, which just goes to show how many Pokemon Hoenn had). I love that they got lost in those underground catacombs. It's like a Mystery Dungeon.

Glad we saw an evolution and that Ash and Co. made it out ok. 5/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I liked this episode, it wasn't too bad because of the Vibrava (I like them but I like Flygon better, glad Drew had used it so we could see it more), it was nice seeing all of them evolved and carry everyone out.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Trapinch for the 1st time. It was cool to see how they evolve into Vibrava. It was cool that the Vibrava carried them out of the cave after evolving.

23/100

NPT

Just a member
This was an OK episode. It's cool to see Trapinch and Vibrava in the anime, it's interesting how all the Trapinch evolved into Vibrava at the same time.

It's found it weird when Vibrava used Supersonic......a move it can't learn in the RSE games. But in the DP games it could learn the move. It seems like the anime writers told Game Freak about the mistake and GF corrected it in the 4th gen games.

Elisa was kinda cute. It's funny when Brock fell in love with Elisa and started to flirt with her, she must've been freaked out by his flirty attitude.

Kind of a strange thing to mention, but I found it odd how Trapinch's name was pronounced in this episode. I always say it with not so much emphasis on the '-pinch' art of it's name, so it just sounded odd to me, is all.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed when Ash started falling into that sand trap that Trapinch created. Team Rocket's Diglett mecha looked familiar and I laughed when those Trapinch started eating it. The underground lake that the COTDs were trying to find was pretty, but that swarm of wild Vibrava that Ash and friends used made my skin crawl; I've always disliked flying insects tbh.

This episode was okay, and the one thing I thought that was weird was the Trainers' Choice, shouldn't the answer be Poochyena?
Other than that, I thought of this episode as a pretty normal filler episode... (I like it when Max danced with Ludicolo, I like Ludicolo's personality XD)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww Ash should've caught a Trapinch cuz they were oddly cute. :3 I liked the Trapinch evolution scene when they became Vibrava.

JudySpell

Banned
Trapinch making an antlion pit was unexpected although in retrospect I guess it made sense since Vibrava are antlion based. This was a normal filler. 6/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Vibrava and Trapinch barely had a dub voice, but seeing them evolve was spectacular and with that transmitter that Hal had attached to that Trapinch he can now track where the Vibrava go once they've evolved.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Trapinch look ugly to me lol, so I'm glad it didn't happen. I wanted him to have a Flygon, but he could've just caught a Vibrava for that. ;)

Ha ha well the Trapinch all evolved at the end any ways, so I would've been ok with Ash catching a Vibrava here as well since at least it would've been his first dragon type pokemon at the time.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I don't think there's anything special about Dragon-types or Ash catching them, not even here during AG. Vibrava wouldn't exactly have been the best choice of Pokemon for him, anyway.

ZilverLox

Banned
The story was good, though it is a bit much of a coincidence that the Trapinch evolved on both occasions that Hal is at the lake. The episode would have probably worked without the Character of the day shipping, but I’m not complaining. The 3rd movie music worked well here, and I loved Ludicolo’s gimmick. I hope they keep it.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode was okay and the one thing I thought that was weird was the Trainers' Choice. Other than that, I thought of this episode as a pretty normal filler episode featuring Trapinch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
So the Izabe Island mini-arc continued, and we got a Nuckrar and Vibrava episode. Admittedly, this was one of Houen's dullest episodes to me because I didn't think the evolution plot was original, but I appreciated how the Nuckrar chomped on the Rocket-dan's Digda mecha, and the subterranean lake looked pretty spiffy as well.