• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beginning Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acdog

I'm looking to get into the manga, and I can't decide whether to choose The Electric Tale of Pikachu or Pokemon Adventures. Could I get some feedback on each and which you guys prefer?

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I'm looking to get into the manga, and I can't decide whether to choose The Electric Tale of Pikachu or Pokemon Adventures. Could I get some feedback on each and which you guys prefer?

Both are good manga. The Electric Tale of Pikachu has like 4 volumes, while Pokemon Special has 44 volumes. The plot is very different from each other.

The Electric tale of Pikachu is like a super good version of the anime, while Pokemon Special is based on the games more. You can read both if you want to.

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
As someone who sold manga for years seeing as reading one series before the other won't actually spoil anything, look at your budget and the availability of the books and read what is easier to acquire for now.

Acdog

I know Pokemon Adventures is ongoing, but is The Electric Tale of Pikachu ongoing too?

Acdog

I have another random question. Is the manga officially a part of the Pokemon franchise? I know that many different people make the different Pokemon mangas. How does that work?

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
All Pokemon manga you will find on the bookshelves may be written by different people but are published by the company named Viz. They have just gone through a few different logos since they started.

Acdog

So, are they officially a part of the Pokemon company? Viz is to Manga as TPCi is to Anime?

Macklin

Cobalion's Champion
They are not owned by Pokemon USA but they have to get everything approved by Pokemon USA, do all the movie-manga ties in and stuff but yes they are the offical manga licence holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.