• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Being Yourself and Changing to be with Others

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Thanks, BlitzBlast, this will help gain my respect back from the intelligent Serebii users.

You... do know you just insulted yourself there, right?

7 tyranitars

life is like a box of choclates.. oh wait wrong topic,

anyway there are people who you don't like and people who you like you can't be liked by everyone try not to care much about what some internet people say.

Dattebayo

Banned
People can't help but have difference in opinions. We just have to try to get along with each other and just accept our differences instead of disliking someone who has different beliefs.

But what if that person's opinion is so flawed in logic and has so much contradictory? I use to have a friend like that, and I knew he won't have a good start if he ever joins a forum.

Dark Eevee

But what if that person's opinion is so flawed in logic and has so much contradictory? I use to have a friend like that, and I knew he won't have a good start if he ever joins a forum.

What kind of opinion do you mean exactly?

Still this is the internet, it's full of jack***es. It's just a fact.

Dattebayo

Banned
What kind of opinion do you mean exactly?

Opinions like saying a good multiplayer game like Smash Bros. is terrible because you keep getting your butt kicked by other people and blame the controls for not letting you win.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
you know, i am always myself but i also adapt to every person, thats what you should do instead of changing, but if its bad like a bullied poor boy who only games and is afraid of talking, then sorry but then that boy should get his *ss kicked and open his mouth and change

Dark Eevee

Opinions like saying a good multiplayer game like Smash Bros. is terrible because you keep getting your butt kicked by other people and blame the controls for not letting you win.

Is that your opinion or an example?
Because something like that just makes the person seem like a sore loser (and needs to fix the controller and practice playing the game to get better at it).

Dattebayo

Banned
Is that your opinion or an example?
Because something like that just makes the person seem like a sore loser (and needs to fix the controller and practice playing the game to get better at it).

It's an example of my former friend's opinion, and no matter how much I told him about how there's nothing wrong with the controls, he refuses to accept it because it's his "opinion", which really annoys me because I don't think it sounds like an opinion.

Dark Eevee

It's an example of my former friend's opinion, and no matter how much I told him about how there's nothing wrong with the controls, he refuses to accept it because it's his "opinion", which really annoys me because I don't think it sounds like an opinion.

It's more whinning than anything else.

nope you need to change you must conform to my ways we the people of the internet dictate the life you have don't stand out of the crowd you are one of us "follow the flock"...

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
you know, i am always myself but i also adapt to every person, thats what you should do instead of changing
I think this is a good point. I always feel that people should be nuanced in their interactions with other people. It's all well and good "being yourself" but if that's the case the you can't expect everyone to like you for it. If you're ok with that then good for you, but you shouldn't hold onto a self that is incompatible with everyone around you and expect people to just accept it.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Datte, knock it off, not everyone is going to love you and these threads aren't helping at all. You shouldn't change unless you want to, I honestly don't care, I will still do what I do (my opinion about you isn't going to change), so get over it. If you don't like it, then get off the internet or go onto BMGf |:

Last edited:

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Why not just be yourself? No one's really going to care if you like something different or if your "opinion" is flawed.

So just find others like you and screw the rest. :-/

Cirvos

Trully i find that no matter what friends you have your gonna have to conform even the slightest and thats just ecause these people arent a mental coppy of you and therefore are bound to have some thing different from you i know with a few of my friends i have to calm down a little, but the point is your gonna change with friends but the point is dont completly change yourself to match them conforming completley is horrible and will leave ou unhappy in your older life but being yourself completley yourself is gonna do 2 things 1 make you an outcast or 2 give you a life long friend so unfortunatley when you have friends try to edge down your negative sides but dont cut off the chuink that is your soul

denizenofevil

You don't have to change for anyone but there are times when you need to use discretion. Anytime you communicate with another person, you need to be somewhat aware of proper etiquette and social norms. Saying things that are just downright insensitive and offensive just makes things worse for yourself. For example, a few months ago, I remember you saying that the Haitian earthquake was beneficial to mankind because it reduced the population and saved the environment. Saying something like that is just going to drive people away from you. If you want respect, you need to be aware of other people's feelings and be respectful of that. It's the way life works. I can be a bit crass when I'm with friends but I wouldn't go to a job interview and act like how I normally would and expect to get hired.