1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ben 10 Omniverse discussion.

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Reloaded, Aug 9, 2012.

1. For those who are still fans of the Ben 10 series (which is very few of you) you must be aware of the early release of episode 1. So with that being said, what did you think of it? Was there something that didn't impress you? Was the animation "terrible" like people have been saying? Post your opinions now!

And I forgot this was a game as well, lol. I'd talk about the game in the Other Video Game discussions.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Grandpa Max thinned out quite a bit, apparently.

Nah. The animation style is by no means poor in this new iteration, but it's not my favorite. Not a fan of the big underbites and shaggy hair; it almost harkens back to '70s cartoons. But I'd probably rate it slightly better than the animation during the last two or three shows (however many there were with Julie and Ship and the ultimatrix) where the faces were more or less generic. The style of art in the whole post-original-pre-omniverse series involved faces much less able to convey emotion and humor than in those two excluded series.

In any case, I was initially disappointed to see Gwen leaving (Kevin I could take or leave, meh), but then I started thinking of how interesting it would be to see Ben finally trying to carry the hero's mantle all by himself. Then, in the same episode of course, they introduce a new partner for him. (The partner's name was something like Dashed Hopes, I believe.) Anyway, Ben stayed in character by arrogantly/stubbornly refusing the new guy's help, and now we're going to be treated to the character dynamic whereby the cocky but dependent leader undervalues his highly skilled but placid companion for a while. What began as fairly interesting - as well as novel for the series - became cliche in the space of about twenty minutes. *shrug*

3. Aegon

Aegon _

I care little for Ben 10 now, but...

Why? ;_;

What reason is given for this?

4. She went of Into a University I think.

Anyways from the opening, we see some old faces including Eye Guy, and Upchuck. And from glancing at both the Ben 10 and original Wikiapedia, BenMummy is set to appear, though he was listed under additional voices, which I swear, they'd better give him more screen time.

5. miles0624

miles0624 Wrath of Fire

I hate the new animation. It just doesn't appeal to me.

6. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

I have no issue with the animation. If the story is interesting along with the characters I'm good. Its like when people ***** about a game having poor graphics but a great story and gameplay

7. Cancer0081

Cancer0081 Team Aqua member

can't wait for it to start really. the new aliens look interesting. not sure if it was the best idea to include an alien made of Legos though.

8. PKMN Trainer Rex

PKMN Trainer Rex ~'3'~ Swalot face

I'm not as bothered by the new animation style as I thought I would be. The only thing I don't like about it is Kevin's new design, but that's just me.

Having both Gwen and Kevin leaving, took me by surprise. It would of been nice to see Ben run solo, but I'm fine with them adding the straight-laced Rook to counter Ben. Rook's Proto-Tool is pretty sweet too. I'll be waiting to see how they incorporate 10 year old Ben.

Whaaaat? Hopefully BenWolf and BenViktor get more air time too, all 3 didn't do that much after their debut episodes.

9. I'm really torn about the new show. I like the new spirit the show has which is contributed from the more upbeat music and comedy, but it feels really faced pace. I really liked Ultimate Alien for it's drama and serious storytelling, but this show feels if I lose focus for a second I miss like an entire thing due to its more upbeat nature. I don't know, I just like it yet don't like it at the same time.

10. Confirmed aliens.

Lodestar
    Spidermonkey
    Water Hazard
    NRG
    Clockwork
    Big Chill
    Way Big
    Crashhopper
    Diamondhead
    Grey Matter
    Upchuck
    Brainstorm
    Nanomech
    Armodrillo
    Humungousaur
    Rath
    Four Arms
    Eye Guy
    Cannonbolt
    Shocksquatch
    Gravattack
    Heatblast
    XLR8
    BenWolf
    Bloxx
    Jury Rigg
    Feedback
    Terraspin
    Ripjaws
    Stinkfly
    BenMummy
    Alien X

If there's anyone else, please feel free to post.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  11. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Rath FTW!!! Lol only alien I really care for.

12. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

I still watch Ben 10 and I still enjoy it!
    The new series seems like a way to show the universe of Ben 10 like the name says "Omniverse".
    I did have a problem with the art style at first but then I got use to it and it seems fresh. I love the new ideas that are being brought in and I heard every alien will be focused on, in this series. I like the touch feature given to the new Omnitrix and its design but I'm still wondering how young Ben is involved.
    Overall, not too bad. Seems good.

13. Mudkipzroks

Mudkipzroks I like being nice!

I still you know watch this show so i think Omniverse will still be good as the other ones and yay Rath i like Rath he is awesome

14. I couldn't find BenVictor anywhere so... :(

15. Rave

Rave Banned

Looks pretty awesome.

I think I'll probably follow and keep up with it.

I wanna finish Alien Force first before that.

16. Mr. Ribbles

Mr. Ribbles Cubchoo Lover

BENWOLF. EEEEEE. YAY. <33333.

Love Benwolf. Did Ben even use the poor thing after its debut?

Anywho, on topic. I have a slight dislike for the animation (i prefer the alien force/ultimate alien one.) but this is fine, I guess.

..But benwolf. yay.

Was he ever given an official name?

17. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

Lost its charm after the first season of Ben 10: Alien Force.

18. Celestial Moth

Celestial Moth Bug-Type Deity

The concepts this tv show continues to introduce to kids makes me smile.

19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

Delighted Rath is confirmed.
    About time we see XLR8