• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ben 10 Omniverse discussion.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
To be honest, I dislike the new animation style (16 year old Ben actually looks younger and looks more like a bad boy, compared to the original version in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, not to mention the clearly different attitude) and some of the alien redesigns are just plain bad. I also really dislike 16 year old Gwen's new looks in Omniverse, and when she returns again, my God she's even more horrible. And that new Anodite form looks...stupid. Anodites don't wear costume. I'm fine with something that looks like a natural clothing, but that's a costume, not a natural clothing. Kevin's new design is also a bad one. Seriously, why can't they just keep the old designs?
And no female main character? What about Julie? Heck I'd even accept that seemingly random young female Kineceleran that has appeared twice so far as a female main character.
Also, too bad they just can't make it so that Azmuth finally decides to install the Ultimate feature on the new Omnitrix. I actually like that feature, a few aliens actually looks better when they go Ultimate. Echo Echo and Wildmutt are good examples.

For alien redesign, the ones I dislike are:

- Humongousaur, that belt just looks so unnatural
- Spidermonkey for the same reason
- Big Chill, what the hell, he went from a cool (pun intended) moth man into a this huge gorilla-like guy with bat-like wings. I saw people being happy because he's now actually "big", but that's just stupid, based on his old appearance I doubt "big" here is meant to refer to size, rather it must be referring to temperature. "Big Chill" as in "extremely cold".
- Echo Echo. That more blocky head just looks too odd. And they changed Dwayne's favorite design. After his death.
- Alien X. IMO, this is the most ridiculous redesign. Comical big chin works for Diamondhead, not for the "cool and mysterious" godly omnipotent being like Alien X.
- Four Arms. Mainly because of the.....is that a moustache?
- Clockwork. Also mainly because of the head, it looks too flat and it's stupid. And that oddly shaped "window" on the chest, what's wrong with a circle.

Those are the only ones so far that I've seen AND dislike.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I still can't believe they changed young Gwen's voice :(.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Also, too bad they just can't make it so that Azmuth finally decides to install the Ultimate feature on the new Omnitrix. I actually like that feature, a few aliens actually looks better when they go Ultimate. Echo Echo and Wildmutt are good examples.

I for one wanted to see Ultimate Rath.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They've changed many OS voices, and some of the modern ones too. Some for the better, some for the worse.

Ya but the main important ones still sounded the same lol. Ben, Grandpa Max etc etc....

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
I think the new series doesn't make any sense. I think that Four arms looks stupid, and i agree with everything that Shine said. I also hated Kevin's design. Also, in America, do you get your drivers license when your 16? In England its 17. Huh, guess I should know more about our favourite neighbours across the atlantic! I think its dumb that Ben is tiny compared to Rook, and i hate that Cahiber huntsman dudes voice, doesn't suit him.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Ya but the main important ones still sounded the same lol. Ben, Grandpa Max etc etc....

That's because I'd be too noticeable if they changed the main characters, well for this series that is. I remember when they made the switch from Ben 10 to Ben 10: Alien Force, it took some time to get use the new voices.

Man, the seasons are short! Well, as long as the next episode comes sooner than when most seasons finish I guess its all right.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

I personally want to see Ultimate Alien X. With the original design, not with the stupid Omniverse design.

Unlikely to happen in the series, considering how a normal Alien X is already super powerful to begin with, but still, that doesn't mean they can't design it.

Another one I would love to see is Ultimate Way Big, which they already did, and I like it.

Autis-misc

Abridger

I think Ultimate Heatblast would be a monster if it had the form. it's a shame all the Ultimate Aliens are over and done with that we know of. if they can bring it back, the design wouldn't be as great as it once was.

I noticed how they barely changed XLR8 in the series. even with the new animation style, XLR8 is still as bad*** as ever.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I think Derrick was just trolling us with Walkatrout. Then again he does have his article.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Today CN aired Season 2: episode 1 (I think. on the channel guide it said Season 1, episode 11, but it could be wrong). I haven't seen it yet, but I hope the turkey alien is as good as it taste seems to be.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I think Derrick was just trolling us with Walkatrout. Then again he does have his article.

I'm fine with Walkatrout, but The Worst is....exactly what the name says, it has such a bad design it's like they just slap it (and Molestache) into the episode just for the sake of having a scene where Ben unlocks more random aliens he most likely will never use again.

However, I do like Pesky Dust's design, hopefully Ben will use it again in the future.
I'm guessing Dust's species is a female-only species due to the rather feminine appearance, especially since that specific alien form is the first one to be voiced by a female VA.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol some of these aliens are getting ridiculous, seriously.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I don't understand the timeline of the series, it relies on a lot of flashbacks to the original series but, he is using aliens that he has now? So these are just stores that are injected into his past timeline and despite having certain creatures to use back when he was 10, he chose not to use them?

Autis-misc

Abridger
I don't understand the timeline of the series, it relies on a lot of flashbacks to the original series but, he is using aliens that he has now? So these are just stores that are injected into his past timeline and despite having certain creatures to use back when he was 10, he chose not to use them?

I was honestly thinking the same thing.

If he had Feedback in the original series, why not use him? it doesn't make any sense unless the time is set a year after the first series.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Derrick mentioned that Feedback is no longer in the 16 year old Ben's Omnitrix.

However, he always avoid answering any question regarding how or why did the Conductoid's DNA is no longer stored, I'm guessing it will be something important related to the plot, hence why he can't reveal it just yet.

I'm guessing this is also the reason why the 10 year old Ben keeps using Feedback - it's to give screentime for the Conductoid as well as promoting it, as it's a new alien for this series yet the 16 year old Ben can't use it.

Speaking about Ben's 10 year old self, I hate the redesign for Grandpa Max and Gwen for that timeline. They gave Gwen freckles, and Grandpa Max's eyes are no longer visible.

Personally I wish in the future the 16 year old Ben meets a Conductoid and scans it, giving him back the access to Feedback.
I wonder what would a 16 year old Ben's version of Feedback looks like.

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
I'm really dissepointed. The characters look smaller and littler but they're actually older. Ben is more childish then else and Kevin is an idiot now. Ben 10 was one of my favorite shows as a kid. Sad how they ruined it. :(

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
O_O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What did they do to Gwen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those bastards!!!!!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
yeah...it's almost as if the new designer team hates female main character or something.

No female main character, Gwen being "horribly nerfed" in terms of appearance, Julie still not going to appear anytime soon.....