• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ben 10 Omniverse discussion.

Autis-misc

Abridger
^
yeah...it's almost as if the new designer team hates female main character or something.

No female main character, Gwen being "horribly nerfed" in terms of appearance, Julie still not going to appear anytime soon.....

No Julie? what are they thinking? Unless they broke up between seasons,you would think she would appear sooner...

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
My bet was that Ben's retconning the universe as alien X changed how Gwen looked.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
No Julie? what are they thinking? Unless they broke up between seasons,you would think she would appear sooner...

Derrick also mentioned that there will be more females teasing with Ben, just like in that Kraaho episode.

Basically, he admit they hate Julie -_-

My bet was that Ben's retconning the universe as alien X changed how Gwen looked.

There's also the possibility of Bellicus messing with Ben's life.

Bellicus in that episode was very quick into agreeing to fix the universe - something that's a complete opposite of his usual personality.
It's possible he thought of doing something while he's at it, this may be the only exact reason why the smoothie shop changed at the end of the episode. I'm very sure that Ben, the big fan of the smoothie, wouldn't change it in any way, he would have remembered the appearance and the taste. Serena doesn't actually hate Ben, which means she has no reason to mess with it. So it must be Bellicus.

In other words, unlike what people thought, Ben didn't actually successfully use Alien X in that episode.
I don't think it can be called as "successful" when at least one of the three personality is actually messing with Ben.....furthermore, I doubt Ben wants the smoothie shop to be changed, in other words the result didn't go like what he wanted (no change), which is another good reason to say that this isn't a successful usage of Alien X.

The characters look smaller and littler but they're actually older. Ben is more childish then else

this, I don't understand why did they do it.

Ben clearly looks younger and more childish now, which is stupid, in Alien Force and Ultimate Alien he actually looks like a 16 year old and eventually act like one (remember the episode with the Dragon alien mapping the universe?), so he develops as a character, and yet in Omniverse he's back to having the mental of a 10 year old?

Even worse part, Derrick said the AF/UA Ben lacks personality, when the Omniverse Ben is just the original series 10 year old Ben in the body of a supposedly 16 year old Ben.
In UA/AF he sometimes think before acting, in Omniverse so far he almost never (or maybe never) think before acting, which is exactly like in the original series.

also, iirc I've read in Derrick's formspring that Celestialsapien (Alien X's race) may has a predator, because it's boring to think that the omnipotent being has no predator.

Seriously? As boring as it might be, it MAKES SENSE. Why the heck an omnipotent being has a predator? No one would dare to even challenge one, let alone actually attacking. And even if something is stupid enough to do so, a Celestialsapien can easily shrug it off.

Also, we know the reason why Primus and the Codon Stream are retconned is because their concept is "convoluted".
Which confuses me greatly, because there's nothing "convoluted" about them.....

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
^
yeah...it's almost as if the new designer team hates female main character or something.

No female main character, Gwen being "horribly nerfed" in terms of appearance, Julie still not going to appear anytime soon.....

Wait Julie's not appearing anytime soon :(....

But they ended last season kissing.....

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So, there is this future episode called "Rules of Engagement", and Julie will be in it.....the episode title alone may be enough to spark a discussion, but I'm more interested in whether they will redesign her or not :p

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So, there is this future episode called "Rules of Engagement", and Julie will be in it.....the episode title alone may be enough to spark a discussion, but I'm more interested in whether they will redesign her or not :p

Yay!!!!!! She's back <3!!! Most likely she will be redesigned.

Why do I feel like this might have something to do with Ben's engagement to that one alien chick lol.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Huh. Well, it looks like I was right when to expect how this show was being received critically. I was a little into the original Ben 10, and watched nearly all of the first season of Alien Force (but I never watched any more after that). Now there's 4 series? o-o Looking at what y'all posted, I hope CN doesn't try to milk out a 5th series for some reason.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yay!!!!!! She's back <3!!! Most likely she will be redesigned.

Hopefully she won't be changed by much, unlike Gwen. And hopefully, no freckles.

Also, I've seen the preview for next episode, "Store 23".......can't say I like Ben 23's design. Seriously, earrings? -_-
Though I find the gyro stuffs to be hilarious. And look, Ben (the real Ben, not the alternate dimension Ben) actually think first before acting this time.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Apparently we'll be seeing a bit more Articguana that I expected. Also time paradox!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Speaking of paradox, the Omniverse staffs changed Professor Paradox's design by a lot lol

I don't mind the new design, though. I actually like it.

fixthe_fernback

I am a fic-man
I stopped watching shortly after the original series ended. Saw a bit of Alien Force and Ultimate Alien when they aired and I thought they were alright. Lacked the charm of the original series, so I never got too into either. The new design for Omniverse totally confused me so I haven't watched anything but the first episode.

I still think the Omnitrix is the coolest thing in the world, though.

Cancer0081

Team Aqua member
Speaking of paradox, the Omniverse staffs changed Professor Paradox's design by a lot lol

I don't mind the new design, though. I actually like it.

well Professor Paradox did say he was in the middle of a time war. and would you really want to go into a war looking like a lab tech?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
well Professor Paradox did say he was in the middle of a time war. and would you really want to go into a war looking like a lab tech?

Haha yeah, the change is appropriate enough XD

And I did say I like it anyway.

Kokatsu

TBh I dojn; get the hate. The art is not as bad as people are complaining. Well Kevin and Max is kinda ehh. Max needs eyeballs XD But yeah I'm enjoying it myself. I do get people missing the AF/UA vibe however. Loved the new ep. Ben 23 was cute plus the Cow and Chicken reference was great. Also the joke about Vilgax being served as food was funny

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The art on its own is not bad, it's just way too different compared to the previous series. One of the main complaint is not exactly about the art style, but rather the appearance of Ben that they created using that art style. Can't they make him actually looks 16, instead of younger? They did well with Rook, why can't they do the same for the MAIN CHARACTER?

But yeah, Ben 23 is a great episode.

Anyway, I just saw this pic yesterday

265090_10151207073435800_756818003_n_zpsada0ae0b.jpg

that's supposedly Derrick on the right, but that's not what I want to say here.

Look at the board on the back. Anodite Ben.....with the Omnitrix symbol? Wasn't it already established that Anodites don't have DNA?

Kokatsu

The art on its own is not bad, it's just way too different compared to the previous series. One of the main complaint is not exactly about the art style, but rather the appearance of Ben that they created using that art style. Can't they make him actually looks 16, instead of younger? They did well with Rook, why can't they do the same for the MAIN CHARACTER?

But yeah, Ben 23 is a great episode.

Anyway, I just saw this pic yesterday

265090_10151207073435800_756818003_n_zpsada0ae0b.jpg

that's supposedly Derrick on the right, but that's not what I want to say here.

Look at the board on the back. Anodite Ben.....with the Omnitrix symbol? Wasn't it already established that Anodites don't have DNA?

Ah never noticed until now that he looks younger. Yeah your right they could of done a bit better with that part.

Now that I think of it isn't the Ben 10 series close to it's 10th year in 2014? Feels like the franchise just began. Makes me wonder if Omniverse is the final series or if it will keep going.

As for Anodite Ben could it be a Ben look like alien like that white haired guy who kinda reminds me of Chaud Blaze lol

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
As for Anodite Ben could it be a Ben look like alien like that white haired guy who kinda reminds me of Chaud Blaze lol

If it is a Ben lookalike, surely it shouldn't possess that Omnitrix symbol on his chest.

Max needs eyeballs XD

That and Gwen needs to lose her freckles. She didn't have them back then.......

Anyway, seems like a future episode called "Showdown" will explain why 16 year old Ben never use Feedback despite using it like crazy when he was still 10 years old.

I'm interested in that.

And wow I like Julie's redesign.

n5106e4d5a657a.jpg