• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ben 10 Omniverse Thread

J Ken

RAVE
Remember the hit show Ben 10? Well this is the latest installment of the show. The slightly goofy character art and somewhat ridiculous plots could throw you off but no mistaking this show is definitely not as bad as it may seem. So let's discuss the latest series and it's predecessors.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It focuses more alien variety instead of trying to tell a dark serious story Alien Force/Ultimate tried but failed at.
The franchise is suppose to be about a boy with an alien watch who considers himself a superhero (which he really isn't).
Still better than the last two installments.

J Ken

RAVE
I don't think Alien Force and Ultimate Alien were that bad I mean yes they are a bit dark in comparison to the original but it added depth to characters and a deeper story with a more focused plot. Ben's newer aliens from those series were all pretty cool and the newer enemies he met lie Albedo were pretty cool.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I like this show. The animation could be better(seriously what have you done to Gwen you bastards <_<!!), but the premise of the show is still there.

I also love me some Rook lol.

J Ken

RAVE
I like this show. The animation could be better(seriously what have you done to Gwen you bastards <_<!!), but the premise of the show is still there.

I also love me some Rook lol.

Agreed. Rook is definitely one of the coolest characters introduced in this series. I like how he and Ben interact and his interactions with Gwen and Kevin are also pretty cool. OTTO Motives was one of my favorite episodes with how Rook, Kevin and the guys all interacted and worked together to stop the villain.

Am I the only one that thinks Ultimate Alien was the best? I was simply turned off by the message that this show was trying to deliver.

J Ken

RAVE
Am I the only one that thinks Ultimate Alien was the best? I was simply turned off by the message that this show was trying to deliver.

Your not the only one. The more serious turn that AF and UA took created a draft in the fanbase. I'm personally a fan of both the silly and serious message of the franchise. This shows message isn't too bad honestly. The only thing that I think is a problem is the animation change. I like it but I just prefer the past animation.

Last edited:
I actually kinda hated Alien Force because I didn't like the new aliens, but ultimate alien was perfect because it had Alien Forces seriousness, and it incorporated old aliens. Plus I really liked the Andromeda 5.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I recall there was a Ben 10 thread somewhere in here, but seems that the thread died.

Omniverse.....it's an okay show, I guess. It has its flaws, though.

The fact that AF and UA are more serious is because Ben has grown up. Seriously, do you really expect him to stay like a 10 year old? This is what makes me dislike Omniverse Ben, his redesign makes him looks younger, and he acts more like his 10 year old self. It's not that I dislike the less serious approach, but I'm sure they could have given the series more humor without having to basically de-age Ben.....

Then there's the redesigns of the aliens and other characters.
Some are good (I like the new Jury Rigg much more now that he doesn't look that much like a devil - now if only they can remove that tail)
But some others are just horrible (Gwen in both timeline, especially the current timeline, they basically DESTROYED her. Not to mention her annoyingly bad new Anodite form. Alien X, Big Chill, and Echo Echo also have bad redesigns. And what's the point of Swampfire's redesign??? It's barely noticeable.....they might as well not redesign it at all)

Another thing I never understand : If I recall correctly, Azmuth thinks that the Ultimate addition will bring trouble. However, he fixed it anyway and Ben is even shown to be able to use them properly. So why did he not add the Ultimate feature into the new Omnitrix? It would have been interesting to see more Ultimate aliens.....but now that the feature basically doesn't exist, the chance for that to happen is zero -_-
Hopefully with the return of Ultimate aliens from Albedo, something happens that lets Ben use Ultimate aliens again, or Azmuth upgrades the Omnitrix with Ultimate feature.

And what's with the lack of female main character? I'll even accept that little Kineceleran girl in pink jacket as a new female main character, as long as there's one. It gets kinda boring sometimes if all we have are two boys.

J Ken

RAVE
I'm really hoping the Ultimates come back too. Especially considering how big of an advantage Albedo has against Ben now that Albedo has them again. I'm really hoping Albedo modifies the Nemetrix to allow Khyber to use it in a stronger way then Zed could.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Khyber being able to use the Nemetrix would be interesting, since he's basically the Vilgax of Omniverse (yes, I know Vilgax still exist in OV, but he's no longer a recurring villain)

Realistically, having Albedo who can use Ultimate forms AND a Nemetrix-boosted Khyber as opponents should force Azmuth to upgrade Ben's Omnitrix and give him access to Ultimate forms again. Hopefully that's what Azmuth will do.....

J Ken

RAVE
Well after seeing the newest episode I can whole heartedly say that Ben is out of his league. I mean Khyber's new beast can duplicate and turn into all of the Nemetrix aliens simultaneously and Albedo's Ultimates defeated so many of Ben's normal aliens without much difficulties. If this doesn't scream upgrade I dunno what does especially since he' gong to have to take on the Vilgax/Eon duo in a few episodes.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'll admit it's good to get some decent Ditto action a little more now.
Kinda makes up for his half decade disappearance.

Pizza

Bit-Byte-Bit
Ben 10 Omniverse is OK. It's not the best series really, and Ben's new style and attitude frustrates me. I do occasionally watch it, however.

I just saw that Albedo is still in the show. I honestly find him tiring. All he wanted to do was be a Gray Matter, and he's not really a very interesting character overall. I was surprised that he's still mentioned, let alone have plenty of screen time.

I'll admit it's good to get some decent Ditto action a little more now.
Kinda makes up for his half decade disappearance.

I agree. In the OS, Ditto was my favourite alien. I was delighted when he reappeared, though I'm not too keen on Omniverse.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol oh you stupid stupid villians. You really thought it was smart to capture the smartest person in the galaxy and put him on your ship?? Can't wait for Azmuth to **** with these morons.

Oh, and I see a new alien in our future.

J Ken

RAVE
Personally I enjoy Albedo I'm just having trouble seeing if this is his final stand or not. Cause in this series almost no villain ever has a true final stand with the only guys who ever have had last stand being the Highbreeds and Malware.

I hope we get more Ultimates then just Ultimate Gravattack.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
My all time favorite Ben 10 series was Ultimate Alien so when I saw this I disliked it.
Now it kind of grew on me one thing they could do better is plots.
Remeber that episode where the world is destroyed with that super bomb and Ben recreated it withn Alien X that could have been a great season finally but instead it was turn itno a comedy episode.
Wasted potenial in my Opinion.

J Ken

RAVE
My all time favorite Ben 10 series was Ultimate Alien so when I saw this I disliked it.
Now it kind of grew on me one thing they could do better is plots.
Remeber that episode where the world is destroyed with that super bomb and Ben recreated it withn Alien X that could have been a great season finally but instead it was turn itno a comedy episode.
Wasted potenial in my Opinion.

I agree. At least there is going to be an episode soon where Ben has to go to some kind of trial that involves the Celestialsapiens but even then I think it might be comedy.