• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Benazir Bhutto's Assassination

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely appalled that no one created a thread like this!

Benazir Bhutto, the twice elected Prime Minister of Pakistan, was assassinated after departing a PPP rally in the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi. Evidently, she had given a speech and when she got into her car, she opened the sunroof and reached out to her sea of supporters. That was when two bullets were shot at her and a suicide bomb exploded. Benazir Bhutto didn't die immediately, and was rushed to the hospital where she was "clinically dead". Benazir Bhutto died at 6:16 PM Local Time. Her death caused a global uproar.

Benazir Bhutto was striving for democracy in Pakistan so that people could lead a much better life. Benazir Bhutto knew that many wanted her dead (Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, etc). She had an interview with CNN, and they asked her that with all the death threats she'd been receiving, it was a huge risk for her to go into the public, and this was her reply, "it's a risk worth taking". That showed an extroardinary amount of courage, bravery and devotion for her country...and due to her devotion, she was ultimately killed...

The Ministry of Pakistan stated that "Bhutto was killed when she tried to duck back into the vehicle, and the shock waves from the blast knocked her head into a lever attached to the sunroof, fracturing her skull". (I got this from Wikipedia). I found this an absolute pile of bullocks. No one would die from hitting their head on a lever. And her fall was not nearly as strong enough to cause a fracture in the skull. Al-Qaeda commander Mustafa Abu Al Yazid claimed responsibility for the attack. The Pakistani government also stated that it had proof that Al-Qaeda was behind the demise of Benazir. However, I think it was foolish of her to keep her head out as she was horribly exposed. Sad, but true...

The reaction in Pakistan were a terrifying amount of riots which has so far resulted in at least 45 deaths. Above 250 cars were burnt, nine election offices were destroyed, 176 banks, 34 gas stations, 72 train cars, 18 rail stations and a truckload of shops. She had promised them so much, and she had a vision, she wanted to pursue her dream which was to unite Pakistan. Unfortunately, she was murdered which is why so many Pakistanis are in despair and Pakistan in turmoil. The elections, IMO, should NOT happen in January 8.

R. I. P Benazir Bhutto: a heart of a lioness with over-riding courage...love for her country and people...loyal...a lost beauty that shall be remembered forever. Memory always leaves a trace, and her's certainly will.

Discuss, and please to God, no flaming or bashing whatsoever.

The_Panda

恭喜發財
From my knowledge someone did make a Benazir Bhutto thread in Miscellaneous discussion. In addition, you should never source from Wikipedia - it's an unscholarly, unreliable source (and if you want more information on this, ask Eszett, he's a big critic of Wikipedia).

Now, where is the debate?

Eszett

one love
I'm absolutely appalled that you cited Wikipedia!

Get a real source and restart this debate off on a better note.

...actually, forget that. This was more of a rant than anything else. Discover a debateable angle on this matter and then recreate the thread at your discretion.

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.