• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beowulf~

Beowulf, Have you read it/Seen it?

• Total voters

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
I read it in class today and absolutely love it...and we are watching the movie...so i geuss i'd start a thread about it, because im hoping there are others who like it >.>

anyways...

the only thing that kind of annoyed me about the movie was that Hrothgar is Grendels father? wtf? ugh i dont no where they pulled that out of, then theres beowulf and the dragons relationship...ohwell it was to make the movie more interesting...

so what do you like/dislike about beowulf the story or the movie

Spookz

Lumos
I read this a few years back, and my class went on a field trip to see the movie in theatres.

I pretty much abhor the movie. I'm glad I didn't have to pay to see it, otherwise I would have wasted $7. The artistry was good, but the plot-line was completely ruined imo.

Vernikova

Champion
I've actually read the book this year for my English class. The amount of Christian additions in the book didn't bother me much and the book was actually pretty descriptive. I love the fight scenes but I would've liked it if the Dragon didn't die at the end right there but I suppose it was to be expected.

The movie? Never seen it.

AHAH.
I had the read the book and watch the movie (the old one i think) in my senior year. I actually kinda enjoyed it. Though ..I can't really remember much from it. I keep mixing it up with this other book/movie we read watched. O:

Tyrant Tar

The movie's twist was rather interesting, where the rulers falling on their temptations caused problems for the kingdom in the future (in the form of their secret love-child with Grendal's mother).

Intense action scenes! Too bad I couldn't see it in 3D.

Abus0ru

アブソル
Read the book in English class just this year, and when we were finished we watched the movie. The book was of course, better than the movie, like most books made into movies.

mangaeyes

I voted 'never heard of it'.

I have heard of it but I've never read it or watched it but that wasn't an option so I chose 'never heard of it'.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
(Book =/= movie tbh)

Because Beowulf is an epic poem, we only read what was in the textbooks. What we did read, though, was really good. It took a while to understand what was going on, but it was pretty epic (though I think Beowulf himself was a bit TOO epic, IMO). After reading it, I wanted to read the WHOLE version. BTW, who here has heard of Benjamin Bagby? He recites all of Beowulf in its original language of the Anglo-Saxons (Old English). We watched just a little bit of it so we could here the language, and it was amazing. I seriously wonder how in the world he managed to memorize all of Beowulf and speak it in Old English.

But anyway, back on topic. I haven't seen the movie, but my teacher--who has seen it--said it's nothing like the book. So we didn't watch it, and after reading other Anglo-Saxon poems, we went to the Middle Ages. (We watched Becket, the only movie we've seen thus far.) So yeah. British Literature is alright at the moment. I'm just not willing to read Macbeth, for whatever reason.

latios reborn

Didn't go much on the movie in fact hated it. Didn't even know there was a book.