• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Berlitz's name may be revealed.

Maxim

Beyond repair
ILU! I'm rather glad myself, with the traditional words. And maybe it could be because her family is rich and all, that they get deeper names with more feeling and such? Just a suggestion. ^_^ And wuhooo~ calling her Platina is right! But I hope they won't change Platina to Platinum. That would seriously be bad, unless they make Platina a nickname. ^_^

No, you got it wrong.

It has nothing to do with Berlitz family.

I mean, that GAME CREATORS choose "Platina" as the game title.

Because manga is based on game, and the name of Game versions are adopted as character names.

Got milk?

atalantis

Manga Freak
I got used to the idea of Opal so I actually like it better. Oh well. For some reason, Platinum seems a lot longer than the other names... but it isn't. Well I guess it depends on how to you say it. But I like Platina better.

CuddleyeeveeM

Eevee Master
I agree. Platina sounds okay but Platinum sounds kinda long (even though it has the smae # of syllables as Emerald and Sapphire. But I kinda like Opal and Amethyst more. (I get the feeling Platinum should've been used instead of Crystal to follow the whole Gold Silver Platinum) And DPP sounds kinda corny

WaluigiRC91

☆C e l e b r i t y☆
It could easily just be Platinum if they named those Red, Blue, yellow!, Gold, and Emerald, those are all weird names

I agree. Platina sounds okay but Platinum sounds kinda long (even though it has the same # of syllables as Emerald and Sapphire. But I kinda like Opal and Amethyst more. (I get the feeling Platinum should've been used instead of Crystal to follow the whole Gold Silver Platinum) And DPP sounds kinda corny

Totally agree with you there. ^^

RBY/GSP/RSE/DPC sounds better.

Angelic Pika

i stalk you
No, you got it wrong.

It has nothing to do with Berlitz family.

I mean, that GAME CREATORS choose "Platina" as the game title.

Because manga is based on game, and the name of Game versions are adopted as character names.

Got milk?

No, I just meant that as like some sort of reason or something, like if Dia or Pearl would ask her why her name was Platinum then she should answer a sophisticated reason. Plus it was only just a suggestion/thought. And I already know that the manga is based on the game and the game versions are used as character names. No need to tell that to me again. >_>;

I agree. Platina sounds okay but Platinum sounds kinda long (even though it has the smae # of syllables as Emerald and Sapphire. But I kinda like Opal and Amethyst more. (I get the feeling Platinum should've been used instead of Crystal to follow the whole Gold Silver Platinum) And DPP sounds kinda corny
Yup, DPP sounds corny and Platinum sounds waaaaay long. But of course, this new 'Platinum' game could lead to a GSC remake? Like Crystal lead the whole games into the gem/jewel series. This is just my opinion though, no need to rub it in my face if I'm wrong of something. -__-;;

JFate

Travelling Trainer
Platina sounds nice =3, Platinum's a bit 'edgy' for a classy girl to me though. Ah but I thought it would be Opal. IMO (Bit offtopic), Platinum is more of a possible GSC remake title (Platinum Gold, Titanium Silver =/)?

Yoshikin

Yoshi with a Nyasuu
Platina, sounds very femenine and rolls off the toung as Platina Berlitz
Wow, it does. o_O
People seem to be forgeting that the manga is based off of the games- not the other way around. Platinum is a little weird, but it's way better then Opal.

So the game is Platinum. Wow, that shut me up. I thought it was Opal. Oh well. =P

CuddleyeeveeM

Eevee Master
Platina sounds nice =3, Platinum's a bit 'edgy' for a classy girl to me though. Ah but I thought it would be Opal. IMO (Bit offtopic), Platinum is more of a possible GSC remake title (Platinum Gold, Titanium Silver =/)?

You could be right about that. Technically, Platinum hasn't been confirmed yet. That photo could be fake (considering how blurry it is). Maybe Platinum will be a GSC remake instead of the third game

CuddleyeeveeM

Eevee Master
^lol it does. And now that Platinum pic is hi-def. But something about it doesn't look right. Call me crazy but I still believe Platinum will be a GSC remake and they'll give Berlitz a more (semi)decent name.

Now if Platinum became Platinum gold/silver how would that be a manga...(Hmm)(FRLG made sense but...)

SapphireSwampert

Worldend Dominator
Platina Berlitz would work out more than Platinum.
If Platinum is a GSC remake(which it's probally not) maybe they'd do what the GSC trainers would do before/during the FR/LG saga. Just an idea out there.

BCVM22

Call me crazy but I still believe Platinum will be a GSC remake and they'll give Berlitz a more (semi)decent name.

You got it, Crazy. It's not a Johto remake. It is the third Sinnoh game. The end. You can pencil Platina/Platinum Berlitz into your ledgers.

Last edited:

Orangen

Prepare to be pwned.
I don't think "Platinum" suits her for some reason... I'm sticking with just Berlitz...

Last edited:

Dimitri

just disappear.
Platina Berlitz. wow.

I have utterly nothing intelligent to post. except

Does anybody have any idea when in the manga Berlitz will reveal her first name?