• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Berries and Shuckle

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_S_B

Shiny hunter
So I've read, one can produce Berry Juice and if left long enough, Rare Candy by making Shuckle hold a berry. What I'm wondering is:

1. How long does this take? First for Berry Juice, then for Rare Candy?

2. How is this measured? Level, steps, real time?

Cheers,
P_S_B

;213;

jellsprout

As far as I can tell, it is measured by steps. It doesn't appear to be measured by in-game time, real time, level-ups or if the berry gets consumed.
I also don't know how much steps it takes. I tried counting it once. After 66,000 steps it was still a Berry, so I know it is more than that, but I don't think much more. To compare, that is over twice as much as the slowest eggs.
The Berry won't get turned into Berry Juice if the Shuckle is in a PC either.

I've never had a Berry Juice being turned into a Rare Candy, even after carrying Shuckle with me during the entire game. So either that number is too high to normally achieve, or the Rare Candy is just a myth.

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
It wasn't just any Shuckle that could do this. It was the Shuckle from the Pokemaniac in Cianwood (correct me if I am wrong). That's all the information that I know about that though since every time I have gotten that stinking Shuckle I accidentally went back and talked to the guy and he took it back.

jellsprout

I can confirm it isn't time based. I left Crystal running all day on turbo mode with a Shuckle in my party and the Berry it was holding hadn't changed. I remember on a different run the Shuckle's Berry had already changed by then.
I'll try to find out now if caught Shuckle from the wild can produce Berry Juice or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.