1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Berries

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Oct 20, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

The 3rd Generation of Pokemon games introduced a whole new set of Berries that weren't available in the 2nd Generation. Some of them healed HP like the Oran and Sitrus Berries while others like the Persim and Chesto Berries healed status ailments.

What did you guys think about the introduction of these new Berries? Which was your favorite Berry and did you grow Berries yourself in RSE?

2. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I liked planting berries up until the internal batteries on my R/S/E carts died. My favourite berry was the Lum Berry since it cures all status conditions, although it takes so long to grow those and the Lum trees produced only one or two berries at a time. I also wish that I could have gotten the special e-Reader exclusive berries.

Leonhart likes this.
  3. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

Me too those E-reader berries are incredibly hard to get in the Gen 3 games and I heard that they can't even be traded, so getting them from someone else is impossible.

jaden767 likes this.
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I absolutely loved the overhaul in Berry mechanic. I enjoyed growing them and using them to make Poke Blocks and giving them to Pokemon to hold. My favourites were Lum and Sitrus Berries.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The way that R/S/E handled berry growth was an improvement over the way that berry growth worked in Gen II, but the berry glitch and internal battery issues that the Houen games have make growing berries impossible these days, which is a big letdown.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  6. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I know about them not being tradeable because my friend tried a long time ago by attaching one of those special berries to a Pokemon.

jaden767 and RedBlastoise like this.
  7. jaden767

jaden767 Red Trainer

I loved Lum berries because they cured all kinds of status ailments but I hated how long they took to mature and then most of the time you'd only get 1 measly Lum berry per plant. :(

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I never bothered with those Berries for that exact reason. I just purchased Full Heals instead. I wish that Mulch had been introduced in Gen III to help make Berry growing much less tedious.

TwilightBlade likes this.