• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Berry Bananza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but what's the average stat increase a Petya or Salac berry will give your Pokemon?

Also I was wondering if the two could be used together. Wondering what I mean?

Alakazam@Petya berry
has endure as a move(since it can't take physical hits for crap)

So...Zam endures and earthquake from a Pokemon, the berry kicks in. If he then steals a berry off of someone else via trick(Salac for example), and endures again, will he get both stat boosts?

-Abraace

obada

frontier champion
1) 1 level.
2) no, it wll be holding the petya berry.
3) You cant use them together, your pokemon will be holding the petya berry.

Levski

Josh trainer
All of the stat raising berries boost your stats sharply(2 levels), meaning they get doubled. Say your Alakazam's Sp Atk was 300, when the berry kicks in it will become 600.
So...Zam endures and earthquake from a Pokemon, the berry kicks in. If he then steals a berry off of someone else via trick(Salac for example), and endures again, will he get both stat boosts?
I'm not so sure about this one, you will take the Salac Berry and you HP will be less than 25%; it should work, but you might try it out to be sure.

Golden Egg

Pokémon Breeder
soccerplayer said:
All of the stat raising berries boost your stats sharply(2 levels), meaning they get doubled. Say your Alakazam's Sp Atk was 300, when the berry kicks in it will become 600.
No. Only the Lansat Berry Increases the Stat two levels.
All the other (Leichi, Ganlon, Salac, Petaya and the one that raises Sp.Def) raises it with one stat.

Last edited:

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
So...okay...the level is dependant on the Pokemon's stat?

So...my Alakazam has a Sp. attack of 393. What would be the stat increase? I'm a little confused by the level to stat ratio.

But if Alakazam ate the berry, Obada, surely he would no longer be holding it? or would he? I think I may need to test that and get back to you all with the results in a few days(still waiting for the berries to grow).

Golden Egg

Pokémon Breeder
Abraace said:
So...okay...the level is dependant on the Pokemon's stat?

So...my Alakazam has a Sp. attack of 393. What would be the stat increase? I'm a little confused by the level to stat ratio.
It's Sp.Attack would increase with 1.5, meaning it would have 589,5 Sp.Attack.
I've seen a formula for stat increases and decreases but I can't find it.

Volteon

Back I guess??
I´ll give you an easy example that might help you:

Double battle with Porygon2 and Togetic:

Porygon2 uses endure
Opponent uses High Jump kick (Porygon2: 1 HP)
Togetic and the other opponent uses any stat boost attack...

Lansat berry boosted it´s Attack

Togetic used follow me (both opponets attack togetic, but miss)
Porygon2 ued Recycle: Porygon2 found an lansat berry (still with 1 HP)

End of the turn: Lansat berry boosted Porygon2´s Special attack

then repeat everything over and over and over again!

So if you earn the stat boost berry with red HP it will use the berry imediately, isn´t needed the endure.

When a pokémon eats the berry the only way to recover it is with recycle (during the battle)

Problem with hold items? You should look here ;)
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=112665
Soon I´ll make a great update.

Abraace said:
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but what's the average stat increase a Petya or Salac berry will give your Pokemon?

Also I was wondering if the two could be used together. Wondering what I mean?

Alakazam@Petya berry
has endure as a move(since it can't take physical hits for crap)

-Abraace

I think that the stat increase is one level...

No they 2 barries cant be used together, it just wont work.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
don't listen to the carbohydrate that posted just above me. he knows not of what he speaks.

if the pokemon eats the berry, then steals another and eats it too, it gets boosts from both.

lansat and starf raise a stat by 2 levels, the rest (ganlon, liechi, petaya, salac, and apicot) boost it by one level.

for any stat not named evasion, accuracy, or critical hit ratio, the level progression looks like this.

-6 levels: 2/8 or 1/4
-5 levels: 2/7
-4 levels: 2/6 or 1/3
-3 levels: 2/5
-2 levels: 2/4 or 1/2
-1 level : 2/3
no change: 1
+1 level : 3/2
+2 levels: 4/2 or 2
+3 levels: 5/2
+4 levels: 6/2 or 3
+5 levels: 7/2