• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Berry, Berry, Interesting (394)

I laughed my butt off with that Episode. when i saw Ash's lips and the reactions to the Pokeblocks i nearly chocked to death on my laughter XP
and i always thought Gonbe was cute, he just didn't smile enough.

And for Kawaiiest.Combusken i find this Gonbe pic toatally hillarious

GONBE.bmp

Flygone

Volcano Trainer
EeveeandKirliafan said:
When Combusken was a Torchic it liked bluk berries, something that made positive that Torchic\Combusken, likes blue\indigo pokeblocks! That's my theory. The pokeblocks May made were purple, right?
They were indeed purple.

I found the episode to be quite amusing, especially with the pokeblock part. Gonbe eating up rice cookies and all sorts of other food is going to be a running gag for sure. For a capture epi, it's decent. All in all, 8/10

Chris

Old Coot
EeveeandKirliafan said:
When Combusken was a Torchic it liked bluk berries, something that made positive that Torchic\Combusken, likes blue\indigo pokeblocks! That's my theory. The pokeblocks May made were purple, right?
Just because it didn't like it in the anime, doesn't mean it won't like it in the games. o_O The Pokémon's nature affects their likes and dislikes. Not what kind of Pokémon they are.

-The fact that the title is probably more accurately called "Capture Gonbe with Haurka Delicious!"(I like that title better, as the one Serebii has up doesn't make much sense...("Deliciously captures"? Wha?))

Agreed 100%. I wonder why Serebii kept using this title when the other one makes so much more sense.

Chris

Old Coot
frednmethod said:
Agreed 100%. I wonder why Serebii kept using this title when the other one makes so much more sense.
Uh..it's because the one Joe uses is the CORRECT title translation and actually makes some damn sense. "Capture Gonbe with Haruka Delicious" How the HELL does that make ANY sense? Haruka's not delicious. There's absolutely nothing in the episode that leads her on to being delicious. The delicious factor comes from the fact that Gonbe finds her POKéBLOCKS to be delicious and is captured due to its hunger. She "caught it deliciously" by throwing her Monster Ball at it as it went on an eating spree involving good tasting Pokéblocks.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Isn't "Haruka Delicious" supposed to be a name for Haruka's new recipe of Polocks? I haven't seen this episode yet, but I have seen the Masamune ep, and the "Haruka Delicious" is mentioned in that. If it is the case, then "Get Gonbe with Haruka Delicious" would make sense.

Revolutionary Destiny

snoitome eurt deen I
Yamato-san said:
Isn't "Haruka Delicious" supposed to be a name for Haruka's new recipe of Polocks? I haven't seen this episode yet, but I have seen the Masamune ep, and the "Haruka Delicious" is mentioned in that. If it is the case, then "Get Gonbe with Haruka Delicious" would make sense.

According to what I read, May/Haruka calls her pokeblocks "Haruka Delicious" (or is it "Delicious Haruka?"). In my personal opinion, both titles work for me.

D

Dephender

Correct.

My own translation of the title is "The Haruka Delicious, like, got Gonbe!"
You may ignore the "like" part, as that's just my own, rather crappy, attempt at translating the word "kamo".

But yeah, "Haruka Delicious" is the name of Haruka's Polocks (Pokeblocks), and is what the title refers to. The title Serebii uses is wrong.

Also, could those of you who do not know any japanese at all, and have no idea what the original title was, please refrain from flaming me for going against Serebii, whose japanese skills are not very good, and who is NOT the know-it-all of the english-speaking pokemon community. It IS possible for him to be wrong, you know, and this is one of the times he was.

Thank you.

Rex Kamex

This is probably the best capture episode I can think of. I also liked all of the Pokemon's expressions after eating May's PokeBlocks. Plus, I liked Ash's puffy-lip voice during the beginning of the episode. There's only one problem I had. When a somebody throws a Master Ball at a Pokemon and that Pokemon eats it, the Pokemon doesn't get captured. Yet, May threw one Poke Ball at Munchlax, and when Munchlax at it, it got captured so easily!

Also, what was the question and answer to this episode's Pokemon Trivia Quiz? The answer of the just confused me, so I was just wondering what it was.

V

vulpix

even though i didn't want May to get a Munchlax,it seams like a good episode anyway.

P

Pokemon Master Elite

I'd love to try May's Pokeblocks! I'm no Pokemon but pokeblocks are made with yummy berries right? I'd just love to see how it tastes like especially if it is made from Tamato berries(spicy yeah!)!! If Munchlax likes it, maybe i would too...
(>_<) <----Wobbuffet

Last edited by a moderator:
I was laughing so hard at the inital title (Get Munchlax, also Delicous May), now it makes sense, can't wait to see it in US next year approx. Based on when they usually start the new season, which episode in S8 would they be at by now?

W

WindyNight

I watched that episode yesterday...
It was funny....Munchlax actually ate the yucky PokeBlock May made..lol
And it ate the PokeBall..Well, luckily, May still caught it...There were still many other funny part in that episode like when Ash ate the fruit...
Overall, I give a rating 8/10 for the episode...^^

M

Monster

I liked this episode a lot, mainly because May captured Munchlax! Munchlax is so cool, it's one of my favorite 4th Generation Pokemon. It's obvious May and Munchlax will make a good team.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Saw this episode on Google video (which has about 8 japanese episodes), and out of the 2 that I sawthat hadn't been dubbed, I liked this one best. 8/10.

M

meganium5000

;munchlax; Cool! May captures a Munchlax!!! ;munchlax;

V Faction

www.faction.com
Intermission Comments: The TC took me 2 seconds to get. Slowly, I read the names outloud:

"Espeon..."
"Vaporeon..."
"Bagon..!!"

Ah-ha! It was clear that they were trying to swindle me. But, using my phonetic skills, it was an effortless endeavor.