• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Berry, Berry, Interesting (394)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Berry, Berry Interesting

After her Pacifidlog Win, May & Co. are heading towards Slateport City. May has decided to make her own Pokéblocks; "May Delicious" however no Pokémon but a local Munchlax likes them. However when Pokéblocks start going missing on the island, Munchlax is blamed. Can May protect her new friend?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

E

Ethereal

Hm...I saw this ep, and I loved it. ^_^ Then again, I was biased, because I love Munchlax. It was a pretty funny ep, too. Especially seeing all the reactions when everyone tasted "Haruka Delicious". Jessie's reaction was unexpected.

Rating: 10/10. W00t teh Muchlax!!11!1!oneone

Heracross

Custom User Title
I thought this one was kinda dissappointing for a capture episode. A lot of people were giving "All Torkoal, No Play" crap for being a dismal capture episode, but at least it had some action packed into it. Pretty much the only redeeming quality of this episode was that it had some pretty funny moments. The Rocket-dan motto was absolutely hilarious with Kojirou trying to talk with his mouth all burned and his lips swolen up like that.XD And capturing Gonbe from the inside out as it tried to eat the monster ball was pretty amusing.

Last edited:
S

Shiny May

I thought it was a very good episode, the way Munchlax was when May was desperately trying to capture it was just hilarious. Also eating the pokeball was a nice addition to the episode

The swollen lips really were something in this ep, first Ash then James. It was hilarious the way they talked !! :) IMO a very good episode.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
What is wrong with the producers lately? All of a sudden they've been using the same pieces of music in every episode since the Donphan one, and it all sounds rather awful in my opinion (Music used in the scene where Combusken is fighting Gonbe and when Snorunt is practising Ice Beam). Its as if they're trying to make it so we HAVE to hear that crap in every episode from now on. I'm going to assume its going to be used in the next one too.

I'm incredibly disappointed with how Gonbe turned out. Its boring, plain and simple. The whole 'I eat stuffs lolz' gag got incredibly old by the end of the episode, and if thats all its going to do, then it can rot in Pokémon hell for all I care.
For an episode featured around the thing, it sure didn't get too many laughs out of me >_>

A lot of other moments did however. I'm sure everyone found the pokémon's reactions to the Haruka Delicious (especially Grovyle and Torkoal, which NEED to be avatar'd) to be very amusing, and the swollen lips and Team Rocket's antics were really quite funny.
I especially liked the way Wobbuffet kinda slid into the room all sneaky like to steal the pokéblocks. Priceless.

I'm kinda getting somewhat annoyed with Snorunt's Ice Beam training now, just to note. I wish it would actually just control it already, its not like Ash is training it any differently in each episode >_>;

Last edited:
M

Misty4ever

Gravy said:
A lot of other moments did however. I'm sure everyone found the pokémon's reactions to the Haruka Delicious (especially Grovyle and Torkoal) to be very amusing, and the swollen lips and Team Rocket's antics were really quite funny.
I especially liked the way Wobbuffet kinda slid into the room all sneaky like to steal the pokéblocks. Priceless.
It was funny. I liked Grovyle`s eyes. He was like O_O "OMG! Bleh!"
Only Gonbe and Jessie liked her Pokeblocks.

BTW, I liked TR`s motto this time.

May and Gonbe. Now she can use it against Tyranitar XD

JazzJazz

Gravy said:
I'm kinda getting somewhat annoyed with Snorunt's Ice Beam training now, just to note. I wish it would actually just control it already, its not like Ash is training it any differently in each episode >_>;

Wasn't it perfected in this episode? Did your wish not come true?

DarkerShining

You know, this would have explained that wierd suggestion when they were translating the japanese title for this episode:
"Get Munchlax Also! Use the delicious May!"
XD

M

Misty4ever

Gravy said:
But not every pokemon is so talented like that little dude from your signature :p
Snorunt still has some troubles with his Ice Beam, but every pokemon is different. Snorunt is not a good student lol

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
A pretty funny episode. Gosh, May's PokeBlocks remind me of my mother's cooking! (With my sister & me being the Pokemon. Lol!) That part was TOO funny! It was also funny with Ash & James' lips. And I even learned something from this episode. Pokeballs work anywhere. XD Ash has been trying to teach Snorunt Ice Beam for awhile now, though.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I am greatly surprised, but pleased on how this episode turned out.

Gonbe is actually VERY cute in the anime [it was drawn quite poorly in Destiny Deoxys IMO] and I found it very funny as well. Like most, I thought the reaction to May's PokeBlocks was HI-LARIOUS! Pics!

[imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/115.jpg[/imgs] [imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/116.jpg[/imgs] [imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/117.jpg[/imgs] [imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/118.jpg[/imgs] [imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/119.jpg[/imgs] [imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/121.jpg[/imgs]

All DEFINETLY Avatar worthy!

I know the plot is somewhat overused, but with Gonbe it gave a new twist to it which I really enjoyed. And the opposite of what most people thought, Gonbe is quite agile. It dodged Combusken's Flamethrower, and 2 Sky Uppercuts [all in a row I might add]. But no attacks from Gonbe as of yet. Unless you call hitting a Pokemon on the head with a stick an attack.

One thing I hated about this episode, Combusken's Animation. The animator who drew it this episode should throw himself out of a window. See?

[imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/226.jpg[/imgs] [imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/323.jpg[/imgs]

Good thing in the next episode Combusken is looking awesome again. So ya...I highly enjoyed this episode. Definetly one worth watching. And May and Gonbe is okay in my books now. Gonbe IS cute. See? Awww! *melts*

[imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/228.jpg[/imgs]

More! More!​

Chris

Old Coot
Say whatever you like. I was entertained as hell with this episode. Gonbe is definately cuter than the one in the movie (who apparently seemed more comical looking, if anything). And yeah yeah, I know you all want the faces to be avatar'd. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT?!

I've already got them ready. I just need to finish my batch and send 'em over to Joe. >_> Expect two Juputoru versions.

And yeah, that one piece of music is REALLY annoying. x_X It sounding way too much like something you'd hear from one of them old Hanna Barbera cartoons. More importantly..I'm wondering if this may have something to do with the possibility of 4Kids wanting to use this in case they're getting too lazy to even make their own music now. If that's the case, they should just STICK TO THE ORIGINAL MUSIC. x_x

And expect big lip Satoshi to be avatar'd as well. >.>

The Grovyle one is definitely the coolest by far.

Too bad this'll take an eternity to reach the U.S......
From what I've read, this episode will be awesome!
ROFLMAO at Pikachu's reaction:D:D:D:D:D!

SC~ out

N

Necrox

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
[imgs=320]http://www.filb.de/extras/ag117/121.jpg[/imgs]

ROFLMAO to that!

Anyway,this epi seems very hilarious,especially the reactions of the pokemons to the "Haruka Delicious"(is that the name?),too bad i can't see it ;-;...

Meh,i have to wait like a year or two for this epi(i live in South America),but at least i can see the pictures.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Highlights of this episode:
-Big lipped Ash.
-The Pokemon's reaction to the Haruka Delicious pokeblocks.(escpecially Grovyle's; Grovyle tastes pokeblock, scene goes pencil-drawing style as Grovyle gets swirly eyes and sits in a corner, knockout bell rings)
-the way Gonbe was caught(on a side note, after comparing its voice in this episode to its voice in the 7th movie dub, they actually sound quite alike. Huh.)
-The fact that the title is probably more accurately called "Capture Gonbe with Haurka Delicious!"(I like that title better, as the one Serebii has up doesn't make much sense...("Deliciously captures"? Wha?))

DarkerShining

Those pokeblocks May made... Were they purple or indigo? If they were indigo I might have to give up on my Combusken theory... But they look purple, they were purple right?

JazzJazz

EeveeandKirliafan said:
Those pokeblocks May made... Were they purple or indigo? If they were indigo I might have to give up on my Combusken theory... But they look purple, they were purple right?

What is your combusken theory and how does it relate to the colour of May's pokeblocks?

DarkerShining

When Combusken was a Torchic it liked bluk berries, something that made positive that Torchic\Combusken, likes blue\indigo pokeblocks! That's my theory. The pokeblocks May made were purple, right?