• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best 100 anime festival ranking~

AshSerena

I'm just want to share that there is ongoing ranking poll of anime tv series,
You can vote atleast 3 anime and 3 movie , but you need a twitter account to able to vote here,

currently Pokemon Sun and Moon rank up from top 72 and went up to 52
while XY&Z rank up from 85 to 62 and currently at 53,
It's already enough that both series are great and both of them are on the top 100 list :)

anyway here's the site, vote your favorite series! ( I voted for Sun and Moon / XY&Z / and Hero Academia )
https://best100.animefestival.jp/

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I can't really understand Japanese but where are Dragon Ball Z, Naruto Shippuden and One Punch Man?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I can't really understand Japanese but where are Dragon Ball Z, Naruto Shippuden and One Punch Man?

It's only for shows that aired in 2017 (though it starts counting from mid-October 2016, so XY&Z barely makes the cut for inclusion). Naruto Shippuden is the only one of those shows that still aired then, and it's ranked too low to be on the list.

Rajas

Well they're 47 and 48 now i think which is cool. Cracking the top 50 is admirable.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I am pretty sure if this was nov 2018 pokemon sereis would be ranked very low. The quality of animes to be aired next year is very good.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ahhh Little Witch Academia is ranked #26!! :D

Pokémon Sun & Moon is ranked #47 and XY&Z ranked #48. :)

EDIT: I don't have a Twitter account so I can't vote. :(

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I'm probably vote for S&M just for the simple fact how overrated XYZ is.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Hahaha...LOL...XD... just like the Crunchyroll anime awards with YoI decisively ahead. If this is 2017 anime then it would go My Hero Academia S2 + Saga of Tanya the Evil + Gamers! So far though there are quite a few interesting anime this season like Inuyashiki and Ancient Magus Bride, so my TOP 3 of 2017 could change by the end of the year.

The fact that XY/XYZ is still popular while not being the current Pokémon anime speaks volumes

But in general, FMAB destroys the competition, by far the best anime ever created. Now if somehow Pokémon can emulate an amazing series like that...I would finally die in peace.

Death Note still the " smartest " anime I've ever watched tho

In 2017, there isn't a lot of good anime but I vote for 7 Deadly Sins, MHA, and XY/XYZ

2017 wasn't a good yr for anime sadly except for these gems

2018 is where the real deal is at, I'm not gonna get any work done cause of the awesomesause of 2018

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The fact that XY/XYZ is still popular while not being the current Pokémon anime speaks volumes

But in general, FMAB destroys the competition, by far the best anime ever created. Now if somehow Pokémon can emulate an amazing series like that...I would finally die in peace.

Death Note still the " smartest " anime I've ever watched tho

In 2017, there isn't a lot of good anime but I vote for 7 Deadly Sins, MHA, and XY/XYZ

2017 wasn't a good yr for anime sadly except for these gems

2018 is where the real deal is at, I'm not gonna get any work done cause of the awesomesause of 2018

Code Geass was much better written story than death note and had a much better anti hero imo. Think about it a single person was able to shake the biggest superpower in the world on his own. But yeah FMA knocks out all the competition.

Code Geass was much better written story than death note and had a much better anti hero imo. Think about it a single person was able to shake the biggest superpower in the world on his own. But yeah FMA knocks out all the competition.

I agree and I'm super hyped with the new season of Code Geass coming out in 2018(another reason to love it)

Light vs L was literally the best chess match ever in an anime IMO, the first 20 or so episodes? I was on the edge of my toes, I was literally thinking about the possibilities! But after you know who ended up dying, the anime become trash and terrible to watch especially after Light devolved and the amount of uncharacteristic mistakes he made as well.

In whole Code Geass was a much better anime, but I think the rivalry and intensity of the first 20 episodes on Death is one of the greatest arcs of anime IMO. Light was not something a lot of anime studios pulled out as well.

The moral theme and the message of Death Note was impactful as well.

Nice to see you agree with FMA being the best. Honestly tho, the most riveting anime ever

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Yeah FMA/B would also be my GOAT though I have a very eccentric way of viewing it. The way I do it goes: Episode 3 Brotherhood -> Episode 3 Original -> Episodes 5-9 Original -> Episode 13 Original -> Episode 5 Brotherhood (watch the opening scene with Scar vs Grande then fast forward to the scene where where Ed and Al are mourning right before Scar attacks them) -> Epiosdes 6-64 Brotherhood. This particular viewing experience gives me hands down my favorite anime of all time.

Regarding Death Note I only acknowledge the series until Episode 26, 20 minutes and 33 seconds (a.k.a everything until the part where the narrator says “the world was heading into a dark age where Kira’s will was the only law”) and that par of the series was pretty awesome (mainly because of the Light-L dynamic). Of course there are also the Japanese live action movies if I want to watch a version of the story where Light looses/L wins.

Regarding Code Geass yeah it’s a better overall show than Death Note and Season 1 was more or less perfect. With Season 2 though I have a few writing criticisms which is why Code Geass as a whole would still be definitively below FMA/B. I really hope Season 3 delivers and doesn’t ruin the incredible ending of season 2.

Also shout out to Steins Gate, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Monster, Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass S1 as other top tier anime.

Yeah FMA/B would also be my GOAT though I have a very eccentric way of viewing it. The way I do it goes: Episode 3 Brotherhood -> Episode 3 Original -> Episodes 5-9 Original -> Episode 13 Original -> Episode 5 Brotherhood (watch the opening scene with Scar vs Grande then fast forward to the scene where where Ed and Al are mourning right before Scar attacks them) -> Epiosdes 6-64 Brotherhood. This particular viewing experience gives me hands down my favorite anime of all time.

Regarding Death Note I only acknowledge the series until Episode 26, 20 minutes and 33 seconds (a.k.a everything until the part where the narrator says “the world was heading into a dark age where Kira’s will was the only law”) and that par of the series was pretty awesome (mainly because of the Light-L dynamic). Of course there are also the Japanese live action movies if I want to watch a version of the story where Light looses/L wins.

Regarding Code Geass yeah it’s a better overall show than Death Note and Season 1 was more or less perfect. With Season 2 though I have a few writing criticisms which is why Code Geass as a whole would still be definitively below FMA/B. I really hope Season 3 delivers and doesn’t ruin the incredible ending of season 2.

Also shout out to Steins Gate, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Monster, Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass S1 as other top tier anime.

Ye ep 26

Your bottom anime list are all anime that I plan to watch and are on my list lol

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
All I know is next year could be the greteast year for anime, I mean look at the animes which are airing next year- code geass, fairy tail, sword art online, steins gate0, one punch man, high school dxd, food wars (though it is still ongoing), my hero academia, overlord in addition to DB super and naruto series still ongoing. Had these series be added like death note, FMA, My romantic comedy SNAFU and bleach 2018 could have become a dream year for animes for sure.

The main thing about about death note was it was all about light vs L and imo that was its biggest problem All the other characters including the female lead remained in the background doing nothing. And death note did kindof become boring once L died.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
IIRC the current internet consensus for best anime year is 2011 though yeah 2018 is looking like it’ll be up there. I agree that the Light - L dynamic was the main focus of the show and the series dropped the ball in writing quality in the last 11 episodes though honestly that dynamic was just so gripping that while it was going on I didn’t really care about how much development the other characters got, but of course Code Geass has the better supporting cast by a long shot.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I hadn't expected M20 to be so low down on the top films list (unless they only showed the top 15 and not the countless animated films).

SM and XYZ being in the middles sort of makes sense. Not the best, not the worst.

Yuri!!! on Ice at number one doesn't surprise me either. It was born to make history (it's got a huge fanbase). Just goes to show popularity has a huge hand in this (I couldn't get into it myself).