• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best and Worst episode of DP so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm a bit curious, which episode do you find the best respectively the worst of DP so far? Feel free to motivate.

DP 01 - DP 68.

TeddiUrsa

I can´t really decide..so here is a short list:

Best:

019-"I'm Gonna Get this Pachirisu...Is That OK!?
- I really liked Hikari in this one, Pachirisu was funny as well. The chemistry between pachi and Hikari was pretty sweet as well. The wonderful and wacky animation helped a lot as well.

020-"Pokemon Hunter J!"
- great suspense in this episode and , of course, J made this episode.
And, hey, it had Pokésho Poké***** No. 1 as well :p

051-"Tag Battle! The Finals!!"
- do I really need to say why? Croagunk stabbing a giant turtle, mukubird doing nothing, Honoka disappearing, Iwane, creepy guy, Buizel and a giant bug on a tag-team etc.

Worst:

024-"Confrontation! Satoshi vs. Pikachu!?"

-really boring, really unnecessary..."let´s **** up an old woman, because her Pokémon ran away!" isn´t an interesting story to me at all.

063-"The Urimoo Trio and the Steamy Battle!!"
The Onsen-scene at the end was nice, other than that...a kinda meh episode...

other episodes which were overall boring expect for 1-2 scenes for me are:

"Pachirisu is Inside Kabarudon's Mouth!?" ( seriously, Butch&Cassidy are in it, AND a Pokémon we saw a few episodes ago and yet it was a borefest. TR was just there to make jokes based on getting names wrong...the animation gave m eye-cancer)

"Poketch Acquisition Difficulty!?" ( The croagunk/Brock scene was nice, TR plan was a good one as well, other than that? Nothing.)

"Miru and Cayce and the Bottom of the Water!"

EDIT: I decided. Bold-text is your friend ^^

• Best Episode: Turtwig VS Turtwig! Speed Showdown!

I really liked this episode, mainly because of Cheryl. Her Mothim was absolutely cute, in this episode, by the way. <3

• Worst Episode: Probopass! A Burning Spirit!

I was waiting for something way more massive and interesting. Unfortunately, this episode was extremely boring, even though I like Probopass.

TeddiUrsa

• Best Episode: Turtwig VS Turtwig! Speed Showdown!

I really liked this episode, mainly because of Cheryl. Her Mothim was absolutely cute, in this episode, by the way. <3

How could I forget about that episode?!
Damn, Gardenia was brilliant, I will never forget her interaction with James. The Mumie-motto was cool as well. Muku.screaming par excellence and a nice animated battle. Cheryl is still one of my favourite Pokémon girls...

Meh,...too many good episodes to choose from...

Thriller

Its almost time
Best: When Ash discovered Aipom followed him.

Honorable Mention: When Brock captured Croagunk.

Worst: The day Booizel came into our lives

Honorable Mention: The Aipom/Booizel trade.

I can't decide which episode is the best I like them all pretty much. The worse I'd say is when that twin girl of Kennys comes in.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The worst episode is definitely, "Cooking up a sweet story" with the cake-making Pikachu named Sugar.

The only good thing about that episode is we got to see a Raichu again after who knows how long, but other than that both the animation and actual episode sucked.

What a terrible, useless episode.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I don't even know half the dub names for these, so bare with me.

Best

Do your best, Pochama! was the first comical episode of DP, and it did a superb job of being as off-the-wall-wacky as it possibly could. Team Rocket were in their element here, and you really can't go wrong with dressing up in court room garb and defending illegal immigrants just to get a bite to eat. I COULD say something about that Golduck too, but I don't think any mere mortal is capable is summing up the hillarity of that incredible character in text alone.

Turtwig vs. Turtwig! Speed Showdown!, despite featuring the ridiculous notion of a super fast tortoise, also did a good job of triggering gracious amounts of giggle fits. Gardenia proved herself to be the funniest gym leader this show has ever had, leaping into fan-girlish insanity at the drop of a hat, and Muku.BIRD's screams of pain have yet to be outmatched.

The entire tag battle tournament was sheer brilliance for multiple reasons, ranging from some great characterisation from both trainers and pokémon, the introduction of genuinely entertaining 'filler characters' and, of course, some hardcore battling which really shows that we've come a long way from the show's beginnings. It was a superb arc overall, and certainly proves that pokémon isn't all just paint-by-numbers monotony.

Worst

The worst episode by far was Ash vs. Pikachu, or whatever the hell it's called. Aside from the fact that the title was disappointingly misleading, the general plot of the episode was boring to the point where I'm sure even the lowliest Johto filler would have been forced to make this thing an outcast, and it was visually Kinoshita's worst, which is really saying something.

The creatively titled and not at all spoilerific 'Get Turtwig' wasn't much to write home about either. I give it props for introducing us to the ever popular 'NAY-WHOA' and unveiling the revelation of Carnivine's explosive properties, but outside that, you could probably get more fun out of going into your back garden and soaking an ant's nest for 23 minutes. Not all capture episodes are amazing, but re-treading the Bulbasaur episode with a pokémon that's pretty much identical to that particular grass type isn't even going to win you the mediocrity award.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The creatively titled and not at all spoilerific 'Get Turtwig' wasn't much to write home about either.

True, I also found Turtwig's capture episode to be boring. The only reason I didn't list it is because its an important episode.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Best: The three Tag Battle tournament episodes

Worst: Ash vs Pikachu/Cooking Up A Sweet Story

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I've given my opinions of these episodes in the past, therefore any attempt to repeat myself will be a waste of resourceful energy that could otherwise be used for making overly sarcastic wisecracks and other non-serious posts.

The supreme:
Pokemon Hunter J!
Cranidos vs. Pikachu!
Tag Battle! The Finals!
Tobari Gym! Lucario vs. Buizel!

The shameful:
Get Nate Tuhl!
Poketch Unavailable! Kinoshita Strikes Again!
Showdown! Ash vs. Pikachu and Creepy Old Cake Lady!
The Swinub Trio and the Anorexic Swimsuit Hot Spring Action!
:|

Not another name fad.
Thankfully it's not caught on as a fad, but Thriller's been doing it for a while now. The rest of us just sit back and laugh at his neverending bitterness regarding the trade.

Dax

Legend
Best ones for me:

- The Tag Battle Tournament as a whole. Chimchar was awesome with a great story, a great development for Dawn, Ash and his rivalry with Paul and of course I loved the battles.

- Veilstone Gym- The redemption of the bird, the deception of the monkey and the DEM from the otter made this gym battle epic.

Worst Ones:

- The day Turtwig came into our lives. I don't have to give more details.

- The stupidly horrendously episode featuring Hippowdon. The shame of that animation, the shame!

- However though that making an episode about Pikachu and an Old Lady was entertaining needs a quick ride to the jail. Two boring characters come together for a super-duper half hour of extreme boredom, be sure to watch next week!-__-
-

Dax

Legend
You mean the one where Pachirisu gets stuck in its nostril? >_>

Yes, the same one where Pachirisu got stuck in Hippo's Sexy Fat body! The same one where we had farting torpedos coming out of a Slowbro machine.The same one where we had sex action between Seviper and Granbull. HOT!

Silverwinged

stop bashing Zoeyplz
Haven't seen all but these are the ones I love/dislike so far.

Best:
The Tagbattle-Episodes
Mounting a Coordinator Assault
Twice Smitten, Once shy
Top-Down Training
Lucario vs Buizel (< Loved the whole fight)
Worst:
Setting a Not-So-Old Score
Mass Hip-Po-Sis
Ill-Will-Hunting (< Well, Hunter J was in but the rest was boring.)
Pachirisu in Hippowdons Mouth

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
Best: Tag Battle Arc

Good story and characters in Pokemon? Wow.

Worst: Like it or Lup it

Yeah, I like Ludicolo, but Piplup is boring as hell. Everything it does to be a mascot seems so forced.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Lucrapio...Booizel...Zo...Zo...Zoeysucks.

What's up with all these lately anyway?

(well...okay, the last one I like)

- The stupidly horrendously episode featuring Hippowdon. The shame of that animation, the shame!
Seriously, and if you know me you'd know I'm usually last to hate an episode for this...but seriously, it really affected the episode for me. The scene where Hippowdon charges at LIGHTING SPEED is just horribly done.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Best ones for me:

- The Tag Battle Tournament as a whole. Chimchar was awesome with a great story, a great development for Dawn, Ash and his rivalry with Paul and of course I loved the battles.

- Veilstone Gym- The redemption of the bird, the deception of the monkey and the DEM from the otter made this gym battle epic.

Worst Ones:

- The day Turtwig came into our lives. I don't have to give more details.

- However though that making an episode about Pikachu and an Old Lady was entertaining needs a quick ride to the jail. Two boring characters come together for a super-duper half hour of extreme boredom, be sure to watch next week!-__-
-

Pretty much the same for me...But i would add the trade episode to the worst list...The handled that episode badly...

Crystal Clair

Best episode? Any episode with Shinji. The least favorite Shinji episodes, the Gligar and Glion episode and the animation in "Kurogane Gym! Hyouta vs. Shinji!!" is just weird. Favorite? "The Champion Shirona Enters!", "Forest of Hesitation!! Shinji Again!!" and the tag battles. Episodes I like that were not Shinji-centric were "Naetle vs. Naetle! The Speed Showdown!!" because of Natane and it was an episode where the animation was pretty good IMO. I dont know the animation directors well, I can tell Kinoshita from Iwane though, Iwane's the one with the thick lineart and Kino****a is obvious.

"Pikachu's In Charge" - Pachirisu was adorable and they played the Worker encounter from DP, my absolute favorite DP background music. (On my IPOD, it's actually named the Best DAMN SONG instead of it's proper name)

"Maze Shuffle!! Everyone Hustle!! was good because of Shinji and Iwane (I think)

I actually missed loads of episodes between the Kurogane arc and the Hakutai arc so I cant really count those. I have to conserve space on my harddrive, ya know.

I dont really have any ones I hate, even the one with Shigeru.
btw, you could say "Nozome" for Nozomi even though there's no good one for her dub name. The Me suffix in Japanese is like saying "stupid Nozomi". Unfortunately, not that many people here know that much Japanese so meh

Status
Not open for further replies.