• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best and worst episodes of the series

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I forgot another worst episode. The Binacle episode: Unlocking Some Respect!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I forgot another worst episode. The Binacle episode: Unlocking Some Respect!

That episode reminds me of something my acting teacher said to be back in high school "Failing to be funny is worse than being unintentionally funny." That episode was just poor comedy with an even worse plot.

SinnohEevee

Good

* DP001 (Dawn focus)
*Ash vs Paul SL

Can burn in Hell

* Fillers where Ash and co help a CotD with a PotD.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Good
Any episodes where Ash companions can defeat their foes, save the days and doing cool stuffs without Ash assistance.

Bad
Any filler episodes that involves Ash saving the days, doing cool stuffs and defeat his foes on his own while his companions take backseats entirely.

DatsRight

Good
Any episodes where Ash companions can defeat their foes, save the days and doing cool stuffs without Ash assistance.

Bad
Any filler episodes that involves Ash saving the days, doing cool stuffs and defeat his foes on his own while his companions take backseats entirely.

What about episodes where not even Ash does anything cool?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
What about episodes where not even Ash does anything cool?
Like the Korrina and Llima arcs? Well, they're certainly not my favorites but I kinda forgive them because we see them in few episodes before they're gone.

Anyways, I don't want to offend Ash fans, I don't hate him as a character nor wanted the show to get rid of him. I'm more of an anti-"status quo" guy and unfortunately he's part of it. So I'm more annoyed about the producers/writers decisions than how the characters act.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
So my lest favorite episode is the Illma episode because the character is really bland and uninteresting. The only thing I can defend on the Korrina arc that it does has important to Korrina and Ash's stories. Korrina learning how to use Mega evolution and Ash facing her in a gym battle to earn his third badge To a point they were focusing on who is voicing him and not making Illima a character.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So my lest favorite episode is the Illma episode because the character is really bland and uninteresting. The only thing I can defend on the Korrina arc that it does has important to Korrina and Ash's stories. Korrina learning how to use Mega evolution and Ash facing her in a gym battle to earn his third badge To a point they were focusing on who is voicing him and not making Illima a character.
yeah, it's not "lisa goes gaga", but it was still quite obviously just done as a guest star special

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Best episode: The Cave Of Trials<33333 so so much
Worst episode: Maybe the Teddiursa one from Johto. I can't stand episodes of shows that put down cuteness :( I'm really sensitive when it comes to cute things and them being portrayed in negative ways or generally being bashed or disliked.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
For SM series
Best- When regions collide

Worst- Getting the band back together, don't cry hidoide!

DatsRight

Like the Korrina and Llima arcs? Well, they're certainly not my favorites but I kinda forgive them because we see them in few episodes before they're gone.

Anyways, I don't want to offend Ash fans, I don't hate him as a character nor wanted the show to get rid of him. I'm more of an anti-"status quo" guy and unfortunately he's part of it. So I'm more annoyed about the producers/writers decisions than how the characters act.

Well that's still someone else getting to do something cool. I mean cases like where ALL the characters are useless and don't achieve anything besides by dumb luck or a DEM, which are in masses.

Well I'm all for the show having characters be more active and make an effect on the plot. But I think the catch 22 here is that only SM's got so far as being creative with just THE MAIN PROTAGONIST driving the story. There was a ceaseless amount of episodes in previous series (many of which I could put on this thread) where ALL the twerps were boring chess pieces, their "accomplishments" coming down to curb stomping TR or some other shuck without any real skill, or just something HAPPENING TO THEM. Even some of the big arcs come down to this. One of the anime's biggest faults is always giving the twerps crappy dumbed down situations they can look relatively less crappy against, rather than giving them innovative tough situations they can prove they're more innovative and tougher against.

I want the rest of the cast to get a fair deal, but I'm just happy they've finally gotten as far as giving Ash clever roles in the show. I think Mallow's the only character that's not got to do at least something rather intuitive this series though. Both her episodes were the usual 'half of a plot, half of a really bad TR fight' formula from previous series and kinda lacklustre. Just do one and do it in full. Even TR themselves can do that. Hell SAMSON OAK got a clever resolver in his one episode.

Last edited:

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Best:The Semi-Final Frontier. I've never had any problem with Tobias using a Darkrai and a Latios, and it was great to see Ash as the only Trainer who had managed to defeat Darkrai on-screen.
Worst:All Torkoal, No Play!The Magneton trying to knock May off a tree branch was just horrid, and the Steel Valley didn't even have any Generation III Steel Pokemon(they could have easily put Mawile, Beldum, Metang, Aron and Lairon there).

DatsRight

Worst:All Torkoal, No Play!The Magneton trying to knock May off a tree branch was just horrid, and the Steel Valley didn't even have any Generation III Steel Pokemon(they could have easily put Mawile, Beldum, Metang, Aron and Lairon there).

I admit it was kinda hard to take the dilemma with May seriously (being Thundershocked by a Pokemon and then almost falling off a cliff) when they had JUST done that with Team Rocket for comedy....with the same cliff no less. The twerps even acted nonplussed knowing they will no doubt see TR again in ten minutes and then May slips off....HOLY CRAP SHE'S GONNA DIE!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm surprised no one said XY episode 60. :confused: I think it was a great episode though I'm sure there are people who think that it's the worst episode.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I'm surprised no one said XY episode 60. :confused: I think it was a great episode though I'm sure there are people who think that it's the worst episode.
People who liked that episode was because they felt bad of Serena loss for the 1st time and the hair cutting scene meant character development.
People who hated that episode was because they saw what the showcases were all about and they despise them, her short hair look didn't look as good than her long hair look.
It was an important episode for sure, but it wasn't really my favorite episode for me, because I liked her long hair look better, and her Eevee debut was my favorite Serena focused episode with Braixen's new stick episode being the worst.
But yeah, people were polarized about the episode, probably because of social-cultural differences. :/

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
XYZ125

This was not the worst episode. But it was surely a major let down. Being the first episode of kalos league, i had huge expectations from this episode. Plus the title includes 'mega Charizard showdown: X vs Y'. And the battle between two lizards was the worst battle between two mega evolved pokemon we have seen so far.

And for ash, instead of showing us the complete league battle, we got a completely useless furfrou battle. Definitely disappointing for the fans!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The best episodes from me are from core/key moments of XY and DP and the worst ones are that Elesa episode from BW, Cameron beating Ash and most SM episodes.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I just remembered the worst episode.That baseball episode from SM gave me a brutal headache( for real).I remember 2-3 minutes in I cringed so hard I had to shut it off,I had to get some pills against headache.