• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best and Worst Pokémon To Sleep With

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
What Pokémon do you think you could easily or not so easily fall asleep with or on? Would some suffice better in the summer or winter? Could some even help you fall asleep? Discuss.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Darkrai is definitely the worst

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Probably a small normal type like Eevee or Lillipup since they’re fluffy, don’t have any body parts that may feel uncomfortable in bed, & they have a low risk of using moves that can hurt you while you sleep.

Munna & Musharna could also be good ones for insomniacs since their psychic attacks can put you to sleep, then you could wear them like a face mask or a night cap while they eat your dreams.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Torchic and Darumaka could keep you nice and toasty in the winter, and Wooloo could make a good fluffy pillow. I could probably have Cryogonal or Vanillite in the summer to keep me cool.

I'd find it pretty creepy to sleep with Mr. Mime or Jynx, especially after reading that one book in the Canalave library about people apparently marrying Pokémon in the past. (I think I'd find any Pokémon that looks vaguely human creepy to sleep with, to be honest.)

That depends if Darkrai's ability is voluntary or involuntary.

I think Darkrai can choose whether or not to give someone nightmares, and even then, it's more for its own protection rather than out of spite or malice:

To protect itself, it afflicts those around it with nightmares. However, it means no harm.
(Dex entry from Platinum)

If Darkrai did make you have a nightmare, Cresselia could help calm you down and get you back to sleep.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wooloo is fluffy like a pillow so it's the best Pokemon to sleep with. And I mean actual sleep not that other kind that's nsfw.
I thought of the latter and wanted to make a Hatterene joke, but if we're talking about actual emotion I don't see a Pokemon that reacts so poorly to emotion would be a good choice for sleep

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I thought of the latter and wanted to make a Hatterene joke, but if we're talking about actual emotion I don't see a Pokemon that reacts so poorly to emotion would be a good choice for sleep

Cyrus would love Hatterene then. It hates emotion, and Cyrus wants to make a new world without emotions. :p:D

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A number of Pokemon are based on animals kept as pets, like dog and cat Pokemon. They could sleep on your bed, like real cats and dogs sometimes do. Even Pikachu could do this.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm probably biased since I like the species so much, but Nyabby (Litten) seems like the perfect Pokemon to cuddle up with since it's furry and is a Fire-type, so I figure it's warm and pleasant to have in bed.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Growlithe would be a good Pokemon to sleep with. It'd fit in your bed, it's a dog so it's likely to be really receptive to having a human lay all over it while trying to sleep, and it's a fire type so it's extra warm. The worst Pokemon would be any Pokemon that knows the move Dream Eater. That could get problematic in a hurry.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Growlithe would be a good Pokemon to sleep with. It'd fit in your bed, it's a dog so it's likely to be really receptive to having a human lay all over it while trying to sleep, and it's a fire type so it's extra warm. The worst Pokemon would be any Pokemon that knows the move Dream Eater. That could get problematic in a hurry.

I think Growlithe is more like a tiger crossed with a dog, due to its stripy pattern. Dream Eater could be useful if you're having nightmares because Darkrai is around.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I thought it was just strong negative emotions, not sound. The thing's practically empaths poke-fied and all.
Read the regular form Dex entry in Shield. Basically Cyrus is bound to make noise at some point that will cause Hatterene to act out viciously because it thinks he’s being too noisy.