• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best and Worst Rival

Littlemyuu

Blue is just the best, atleast he really try his best to become a champion

and Pearl/Lukas is kinda the worst, All they do is teach you how to catch pokemon and ask for help..after that they dont do anything...

pokemaster001

This is the game we're talking about. Paul and Gary only exist in the anime.
yeah yeah, whatever, I don't like calling people colors/rare items
and barry only exists in the anime too in case you didn't notice

Kirby Phelps (PK)

EarthBound anyone?
yeah yeah, whatever, I don't like calling people colors/rare items
and barry only exists in the anime too in case you didn't notice

That I'm still confused about. Is it Pearl or Barry...

But anyway wow, I'm surprised at how many people love Silver. He's a really cool character and personally he's my 2nd favorite rival, but Blue was able to become Champion and a Gym Leader, COME ON! Did Silver do that?

Handy?

It's that one guy
I love Barry for some reason. He is lively, excitebale, gets you to do stuff, and is always there to be a pain in the ***.

And, unlike Silver whom some others pick, you can battle his awesome team over and over and over again, allowing you to do some serious non competitive level grinding.

the soul of silver

The Hero of Johto
I love Barry for some reason. He is lively, excitebale, gets you to do stuff, and is always there to be a pain in the ***.

And, unlike Silver whom some others pick, you can battle his awesome team over and over and over again, allowing you to do some serious non competitive level grinding.

actually on certain days of the week (just like barry) you can battle silver.

Halle

I too belive that blue was the best rival, in fact i belive he and barry where the only once i ever considered to be rivals, may was a friend, and wally was a charity case. Silver was cool, and a villain, but not realy a rival. Still... he was great and i hope future games will have more dark characters. Let the evil bloom!

Journeyman

…… …… …… ▼
Best: Blue. At least I respected him enough to have our final battle settled with our starters. (P.S. I won. Take that type-disadvantages!)

Runner-Up: Pearl. Dude was a real trooper. No matter how many times I trumped him at every oppurtunity, he never gave up hope that he would outshine me someday. If that isn't called dedication, then I must've read the wrong dictionary. *throws away Webster's*

Worst: Silver. What a conceited ***. I felt proud owning his Feraligtr with Typhlosion (Thunderpunch sure comes in handy). After he was "humbled" by the power of friendship, I actually started to consider him a good rival, but still so weak!

Last edited:

Lemonade

Best: Green, a.k.a GARY MOTHER****ING OAK. Good grief, what a delightful a-hole he was. You know all those Gary memes running about? They're 100% true. This scum bucket was everywhere, and every time you just wanted to step all over his inflated ego a little. But it wasn't until the very end that he actually admitted defeat. Ah, sweet satisfaction.

2nd: Silver. This is Gary with extra scum. This mofo is an all-out delinquent, and he did a great job at being the first rival I wanted to strangle. This is why he's second and not Barry--because he actually made me hate him. He stole his starter? Whatever. Hates Team Rocket? Whatever. But it's the fact that he appears so often just to try and convince himself that he's better than me that gets under my skin.

3rd: Barry. This guy, like Gary, was everywhere. Only that instead of making it seem like he wins every time, he keeps thinking that he has a chance to beat me--and even though he's somewhat of a pushover, I respect him. Level 85 starter? Yeah. And the fact that he healed my ignorant arse in the Spear Pillar was also awful nice of him without being too sweet.

Worst: Brendan. This little **** was a damn pushover. His pokemon were weak, he gave up halfway through, and had no use other than reminding us of his pitiful existence. It's a shame too, because he's the best looking male character IMO. He wasn't even a rival. Now Wally was a rival, but he was also extremely buddy-buddy with you. He's like Barry plus the much-needed Prozac, which leaves us with blandness. His team was adorable (seriously--Altaria, Gardevoir, Delcatty, Roselia...lulz) but I would have liked it if he appeared more.

I agree, Silver is a really good rival being strong and actually evil, but I like Pearl/Barry too, maybe more than I like Silver. So I guess my vote for best rival would go to Pearl/Barry.

The worst on the other hand... Gary/Blue whatever. I hated him, his attitude and he just coming and going and all that. Brendan/May isn't all that bad with they friendliness and low-leveled Pokémon, but there's just something about Gary/Blue that I hate.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I think Silver's the best. He kept things interesting and was actually a rival instead of a friend. The worst has to be barry *yawn*

SapphireGeno

Silver forever <3
Silver is by far the best.
Worst HAS to be Barry. I hated that annoying dude.