• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Anime Ever

Ampy

Light The Stars
For me, the only really memorable track from the original FMA was "Brothers." As apposed to Brotherhood having the "Main Theme", "Mortal Sin", etc.

NinjaJesus

Johto Fanboy
Come on, you can't go past Deathnote. That is the best anime and it was the most awesome thing ive ever watched.

Axle_Magnum

I believe that Cyborg 009 (the newer one) is the best. However, I've only seen the first 8 episodes, since they're the only ones that have been released on DVD.

Lanik

The best anime always comes from FUNimation. I enjoyed Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist, but I'm sure Dragonball Z is the best, considering it's been around since the 90's. But don't get me wrong, I appreciate Bones Studio.

Lanik

First this:

And then this:

Surely you jest?

Are you implying that FUNimation lacks good anime? I'm certain FUNimation has the best voice actors for English dubbed anime. It's been proven more than twice. That said, DBZ was made by FUNimation, along with those other anime shows I've mentioned earlier. I hope you're not doubting me just because you're one of these Gurren Lagann fanboys.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Are you implying that FUNimation lacks good anime? I'm certain FUNimation has the best voice actors for English dubbed anime. It's been proven more than twice. That said, DBZ was made by FUNimation, along with those other anime shows I've mentioned earlier. I hope you're not doubting me just because you're one of these Gurren Lagann fanboys.

First off, I am not a Gurren Lagann fanboy.

Second, you say all the good anime comes from Funimation, come back when Funimation does Clannad/After Story (which they never will because it's already licensed), and then I'll contemplate thinking about entertaining the thought that all the best anime come from Funimation.

Zazie

So 1991
If it looks like Funimation bring all the good anime, that is mostly because they have largest prescence/market share on the U.S. anime DVD market. (and that's not a good thing)

Funimation completely butchered Shin Chan and made some really unessecary changes to Case Closed. They are pretty hit or miss.

And whether they have the best voice actors is debatable. (I would say they don't)

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The best anime always comes from FUNimation.
Sekirei's fucking awesome and 43% off!

Your email's not safe for work when you've signed up to them. My reputation...RUINED! I WAS ONLY CHECKING MY EMAIL! NOW I'M LABELLED AS A PERVERT!

When I think about it, most of my favourite anime come from them but that's most likely because they have free legal streams and they got their hands on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and dubbed it exceptionally well. They also dubbed SGT. Frog and re-released Trigun. As for lately, it's mostly been shonen and ecchi garbage they've licensed. Long story shorty, Funimation has pros and cons. Back then, mostly pros, now, mostly cons.

Last edited:

Autis-misc

Abridger
Going to edit my answer since i couldn't finish 2 mirrors in time....

Both Season's of Dinosaur king.

Other than the fact over half the cast is basically pokemon voice actors (Veronica taylor, Rachel Lillis, Exc...) but then again, this is a pokemon based forum. Also, It was the only good 4kids dub I have ever seen.

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
Personally, I adored Planetes. With only a few exceptions, I found every character likable, believable, and became attached to them. The plot itself I also found excellent, not focusing on the sci fi elements, but more so human nature and people's place in life. And the ending, in both the anime and manga, was so perfect that it left me content with not having a second season, rather preferring to rewatch the series again. Even gushing about it now makes me want to watch the series once more.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Oh you mean, little ol' me? Don't worry I won't bite.

First off, you're saying that an anime's quality is determined by whether or not FUNimation dubs it, which is plain wrong. I agree with you that FUNimation has excellent voice talents working them, but they are just a dubbing company in the end.

Second of all what's wrong with Gurren Lagann? It's dub is just as good as FUNimation's since most of the voice actors in it do work for both companies. What about Cowboy Bebop? Code Geass? Eureka Seven? (which is Bones but not FUNimation)

And third, your arguement is still restricted to who dubs the anime. What about shows that aren't in English yet?

whoknowswhat

YOUR DEMISE
Second, you say all the good anime comes from Funimation, come back when Funimation does Clannad/After Story (which they never will because it's already licensed), and then I'll contemplate thinking about entertaining the thought that all the best anime come from Funimation.

this statement defeats the entire argument

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Second of all what's wrong with Gurren Lagann? It's dub is just as good as FUNimation's since most of the voice actors in it do work for both companies. What about Cowboy Bebop? Code Geass? Eureka Seven? (which is Bones but not FUNimation)
I watched the dub first and haven't watched in Japanese, it's as good as majority of Funimation's dubs (how are the dubs for ecchi shows like Rosarino Vampire and Sekirei?), they're both filled to the brim with typecasting...bar Steve Blum. That man...my GOD, his Leeron was FABULOUS!

Wait, why are we talking about dubs?

None the less, I see why you find Gurren Lagann to be the best, see my post in "Favorite Anime Opening and Endings" for more details.