• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Anime. . . .

best anime !?

• naruto

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • pokemon

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • code geass

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • bakugan

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • none. . aming the choices

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
okay, I'm gonna give a straight answer (IOW: I'm not voting Bakugan for the lulz). As much as we may criticize the Pokemon anime (and it does screw up a lot of things, both as a game adaption and just an anime altogether), I gotta admit, it does have quite an enduring quality to it. Plus, the story does have its moments (especially during the Diamond/Pearl series). I could play the whole "you're visiting a Pokemon forum" card as well, but I have seen that counter-acted with "we're fans of the games/we like the other forums on here/etc." too many time for me to count. Still, most people I've seen will admit to liking 'something' from this series, even if it's just the movies.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Yamato-san is onto something here but when it comes to how finely they're done, the list is shizit. If you want a serious thread, you post stuff among Neon Genesis Evangelion, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Cowboy Bebop and other classics and well-regarded works.

I hate anime fans like this. They tend to be the same ones who eat pocky, listen to crappy music and draw poor quality fanart/yaoi on deviantart and use words like "kawaii" and "baka" without knowing the actual Japanese language.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I am not too fond of the choices presented here but I suppose Code Geass is the closest thing to "Best".

FMA and Cowboy Bebop are on my list.

Waldorf

ungrateful
Crystal Choir said:
I hate anime fans like this. They tend to be the same ones who eat pocky, listen to crappy music and draw poor quality fanart/yaoi on deviantart and use words like "kawaii" and "baka" without knowing the actual Japanese language.

Nah. You don't see any Loveless up there, do you?

Besides, the people you're referring to tend to be teenage girls with too much time in their hands. The Pokémon-Naruto-Bakugan-Code Geass overlapping demographic tends to be kids.

RLinksoul

Of all the animes listed, my vote is on Pokemon. The original season fills me with much nostalgia. I still get misty eyed when I hear the theme. Later seasons rotted considerably though.

greysong

Banned
I love the original pokemon! I just love it! That and a lot of other anime, like Bleach, the original Yu-Gi-Oh, and One Piece.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Nothing up there, with the exception of old Pokemon.
Dragonball Z, Ronin Warrios and Hamtaro are my favorites.
Yes, I said Hamtaro. Shoot me.

Miaquamarine

Besides, the people you're referring to tend to be teenage girls with too much time in their hands.

Now that's a little stereotypical, isn't it? ^^;
I would probably agree with you for the most part, except to what you're referring to,
which would probably fit kids of a younger age instead. More like 9 - 11 girls or something...
You know? Or maybe that's just me.
Hell, I'm not gonna lie, I was in 6th / 7th grade when I really began getting into the 'diverse' anime
series (other than Pokemon, etc.), and reading manga, and entering into the "otaku world", I guess you could say, haha. X3
There aren't many kids like that at all though... Especially at those ages.
So I was pretty much on my own when it came to stuff like that.

Yeah, okay, I'm kind of getting off topic a little. All I'm saying is that statement isn't
entirely true... But then again, it probably is; for the most part at least. XD
So yeah, this person who began this poll/thread might actually fall into that category.
No offense or anything. X3
-Fail-​

i don't like Bakugan much... it's a bit like pokemon..

hmm..i like code geass..

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Nah. You don't see any Loveless up there, do you?

Besides, the people you're referring to tend to be teenage girls with too much time in their hands. The Pokémon-Naruto-Bakugan-Code Geass overlapping demographic tends to be kids.

at any rate, their tastes are solely limited to what's seen on American broadcasts and they can't be expected to expand their horizons worth a damn (except with Fruits Basket, the aforementioned Loveless, and some other DVD-only shoujo series for whatever odd reason).

Zazie

So 1991
at any rate, their tastes are solely limited to what's seen on American broadcasts and they can't be expected to expand their horizons worth a damn (except with Fruits Basket, the aforementioned Loveless, and some other DVD-only shoujo series for whatever odd reason).

What's wrong with people buying Shoujo DVDs? Shojo anime aren't oftern liscensed here due to poor sales more people buying Shoujo anime would most likely be considered a good thing.

There is no best anime as titles can differ greatly from one another and it's hard to honestly recommend Fruits Basket to a Mecha fan. It's like asking what the best movie it is, you will get a wide variety of answers from people with vastly different tastes.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Out of the choices given I would choose Code Geass because it was really a great anime and is one of my favorites but IMO the best anime I've seen so far is Death Note, and NO I'm not a teenage girl and NO I'm not new to anime. I have watched tons of different anime series, both dubbed and subbed, over the last 10 years and Death Note is the best one I've seen.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
What's wrong with people buying Shoujo DVDs? Shojo anime aren't oftern liscensed here due to poor sales more people buying Shoujo anime would most likely be considered a good thing.

There is no best anime as titles can differ greatly from one another and it's hard to honestly recommend Fruits Basket to a Mecha fan. It's like asking what the best movie it is, you will get a wide variety of answers from people with vastly different tastes.

nothing. I'm just saying that they seem to be an odd exception to the whole "people only care about TV broadcasted anime" rule (though for what it's worth, quite a few of those shoujo series ARE over-hyped by the masses).

Cyan

Mortal
Best anime of all time? Any of the Astro Boy ones

Best anime I currently watch? One Piece

newmoon island

Either naruto or pokemon, I cant decide.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Best anime of all time? Any of the Astro Boy ones

Best anime I currently watch? One Piece

i've never say that it is the best anime of all time,i was just refering among the choices. . . .

but besides the following,there are a lot of brand-new animes to be a lot popular and awesome too. . . .

(you can also post your favorite animes if you have some suggestions or something) ^_^ . . . . . . . . ^_^ . . . .

Last edited:

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
All of them are epic, epic fail. Naruto was okay in the good-old days, but now it's just terrible. Don't even get me started on the others.