• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best bird starter pokemon

best bird pokemon starter

• pidgey

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • taillow

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • starivia

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BadDreams

I like Starly/Staravia/Staraptor because Staraptor learns Brave bird and close combat and with arial ace and max happiness return its a nice pokemon to have in your team :D

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
starly
taillow
hoothoot

Final

I Submit to No One
Starly since it evolves into Staravia which evolves into Staraptor. The others are not as good because they're walled to easily.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
Starly is the best bird Pokemon to get early in the game, period! This is because it learns moves like Aerial Ace, Peck, and Quick Attack very early, compared to Pidgey who for example, had tackle for the longest..and then had gust.

Zeitlos

Seeker of Perfection
My favorite is Pidgey, then Starly, then Taillow.

I'm a die hard Pidgeotto fan, and am kinda sad that they're not bringing the Pidgeylutions up to par. I dream of a day Pidgeot and Staraptor are even.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
LOLOL!! 24 people picked pidgey over Taillow...Wow, that really says something about people on this site...
LOL..

lucarioman098

Aww isnt that cute
pidgey has that 3 evolution as well as some better moves but i think starly is better for brginning the game but after that pidgeot all the way

squlicky4

well i like the pidgey evolution line there the best imo

Ahmed48

Tactician
Staraptor, the only one of them who can kick some *** against rock and ice types.

pichu96

Pidgey! It's been there since the very first games!

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I would choose Staravia stat-wise and appearance ;397;
It evolving into Staraptor would kick major butt due to 120 base attack and 100 base speed to back it up =)

For Pidgey, it doesn't have as much attack and speed power when its a Pidgeot, and Swellow, though its the fastest, it doesn't have a lot of attack..

Last edited:

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I would like to say the Starly line. Staraptor with Intimidate, Close Combat and Brave Bird kicks butt easily.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I'm going to say the starly line since they're the strongest (but this is like the fifth time today I've gotten to a thread and the poll is closed). But why isn't the hoothoot and Noctowl line up their? They are on too.

newmoon island

I think tailow is the best, because swellow was one of my best in ruby.