• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best catch ever!!

Skydra

Dialga. It was in yellow health and was paralyzed and after I threw 2 ultra balls I caught it.

That happened to me too, except I can't remember the amount of Ultra Balls I used. It was low though.

Since I was correct Nature hunting recently in White, I caught a fraction of the many captures pretty quickly. In fact, my Victini was the right nature in just 2 tries.

Missingno.Fan

Just this morning I threw a single Quick Ball at Terrakion with full HP and caught it. It was about my fifth or sixth restart though (I kept running out of balls before).

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Mine:
Mewtwo
Got its HP into red zone
One Ultra Ball
Captured
Modest Nature
31 IV's in Sp. Atk
It's Speed sucked though. 14 IVs

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
Moltres. When climbing up Mt Ember (Firered), all my team fainted except a lvl 4 ratata that I never used, and when i fought Moltres i cought it full heath with a great ball.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I caught zapdoes in HG wihile it was in red health I threw one pokeball (nothing special) and caught it

(of course I battled it and turned it off several times before but this still was in one battle)

EDIT: I forgot when I used my masterball on rayquaza in emerald that was pretty easy.

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Lv70 Rayquaza, I threw an ordinary Poké ball, that was it. (didn't even weaken it or anything).

My funniest one was a Lv70 Palkia, I weakened it w/false swipe. Then I decided to throw a Timer ball for laughs (it was on the 3rd turn, so it had a Poké ball's effectiveness), 1....2....3....click! the Palkia was caught! I was definitely laughing after that.

Larry

I caught Virizion in yellow health with a Poke Ball just for the heck of it.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Note that I catch ALL my legindaries in a Pokeball. :D
Kanto: Zapidos. Not easy but easyest in Kanto.
Johto: Lugai. I caught it in like 7 tries.
Hoenn: Ryquaiza. Probolly the toughest but easier than Groudon.
Sinnoh: Uxie. Out of all Pychic sisters and Sinnoh.
Unova: I know that a majority of the forum beat the main story but im catching up. So far Cobalion. I just cuaght Cobalion earlier today and it took 1 friggin ball.

blak

Mewtwo in Kanto (Gen I)

Masterball ftw xD

... and Moltres too, with a Megaball.

blak

My friends are having a VERY easy time with Gen V legendaries. They're using Quick Balls.

I did the same thing with many Pokémon in Gen IV games...

My fiance's Pearl, he was having trouble with Mesprit and couldn't find Cresselia. I was playing it for him and found Cress, caught it in one quick ball.

Also the amount of times i've had a really long battle for one legend and then toss one or two balls on another and it gets caught is ridiculous.

Ho-oh for example, i was test battling it for SRing a shiny one and quite alot of the battles lasted long enough for it to struggle to death, so i was worried that when the shiny did appear i'd have the same problem. When it did shine i caught it in about 9 turns with a dusk ball :p

xRuslan

Nobody
My fiance's Pearl, he was having trouble with Mesprit and couldn't find Cresselia. I was playing it for him and found Cress, caught it in one quick ball.

Also the amount of times i've had a really long battle for one legend and then toss one or two balls on another and it gets caught is ridiculous.

Ho-oh for example, i was test battling it for SRing a shiny one and quite alot of the battles lasted long enough for it to struggle to death, so i was worried that when the shiny did appear i'd have the same problem. When it did shine i caught it in about 9 turns with a dusk ball :p

This is a little off-topic, but how many SRs did it take?

& does anybody have any stories to tell about catching Giratina? I'm about to attempt to do so in Pearl.

AmpharosFanatic

I weakened Reshiram a bit and caught it with the first Cherish Ball I used...

SmartD

I used a level 21 Munna with Hypnosis and Psybeam to help capture a Victini. Threw one Ultra Ball while it was low in health and sleeping and caught it one the first try. I was lucky.

VizardBlue

no, you are dead.
Victini. Threw a pokeball on the first turn. Caught it. Top that.