• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

best dragon pokemon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbird

Nice shot, man
Ever Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.

Revenge Killing Goes to Garchomp
Sweeping goes to Salamence
Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite
Scouting goes to Flygon
Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.

If played right any one of them can tear an unprepared team to shreds.

TheEpicGoomba

I will have to say Dragonite. He is the first classc dragon, Learns good move(Like all the others), and is very bulky yet has good attack power

GU77

Ever(y) Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.

Revenge Killing Goes to Garchomp
Sweeping goes to Salamence
Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite
Scouting goes to Flygon
Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.

Complete agreance (if that is a real word) with this.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Dragonite or Salamence, because they have high attack.
Dragonite has high defenses, while Salamence has high speed.

Mister_SGG

I love all of them. Kingdra looks cool, and it's a seahorse. That adds up to awesome. Chomp and Mence... no explination required. Dragonite & Flygon have popularity problems when compared to Salamence & Garchomp.

kadabra spoon

Silver Emerald...
Garchomp is the best
How many hammerhead sharks do you see on the land..??

Dlugazaba

Well i think it is salamence it has very good speed and you can boost one of the attack stat. It can learn also powerful moves.

The speed alows you to avoid being destroyed by ice beam. [my tactic on dragonite since it is slow is to use ice beam it is *4. You can also do it with thunder waves then confuse rays]

noob21

3 sum!!!
Its obvious that garchomp is the choice here. Its been ban in 4th gen and now 5th it has no counter's and can garuntee at least one kill. It isnt my favorite dragon pokemon out of the choices though.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
They each do different things. Flygon scouts and stuff, Garchomp sweeps with its speed and raw power, and Dragonite sweeps with its bulk and raw power.

Gray™

Ever Dragon has their Niche. And who's better completely depends on the support from the team. None of them will work great if you don't provide them the right support.I don't support mence.All I do is use DD and it does great.Same with all my dragons.

Revenge Killing Goes to GarchompLatios/Scarfed Haxorus(Older gen haxorus isn't in but you get the point)
Sweeping/Breaking Walls goes to Salamence(Salamence is the OG of Breaking Walls)
Breaking Walls goes to Dragonite^As I said before this goes to Mence
Scouting goes to Flygon
Special Sweeping goes to Kingdra in the Rain.Hydreigon(same gen thing) and the Lati twins.
Supporting goes to Altaria.(Why do you keep forgetting the one Dragon that rapes excadrill on sandstorm?.-.)

If I see just one more person saying garchomp is the best because its Uber I will kill someone.Garchomp isn't Uber because it's the best.It's uber because it got a haxy ability(funny thing smogon still wont ban rachi or toge but chomp gets a few misses and becomes uber).Its stopped by pokemons that a simple attack from another Dragon would kill.Example skar vs chomp=skar wins,skar vs mence=fire blast mence wins.
so yeah-_-

Last edited:

Vandslaux

I'd say Dragonite, as Chomp's Uber, Flygon kinda sucks (meh stats), Kingdra can't use SS with Drizzle.

Personal preference goes to Flygon. For sweeping purposes I usually go Dragonite. It's such a cool Pokemon and Multiscale makes for some intense bulk for the opening attack (which is usually thunder wave for me.)

If I see just one more person saying garchomp is the best because its Uber I will kill someone.Garchomp isn't Uber because it's the best.It's uber because it got a haxy ability(funny thing smogon still wont ban rachi or toge but chomp gets a few misses and becomes uber).Its stopped by pokemons that a simple attack from another Dragon would kill.Example skar vs chomp=skar wins,skar vs mence=fire blast mence wins.
so yeah-_-

I totally second this. The fact that garchomp is uber doesnt mean it is the best dragon out there. (smogon got somewhat stupid with the banhammer). Also Kingdra is banned along with Drizzle if swift swim is used reducing its potential by alot.

Vandslaux

Nvm my post, as I realize this isn't the 5th gen discussion.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
dragonite and garchomp

Status
Not open for further replies.