• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Dream World Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

365pokemon

What do people think is the best dream world ability. In my case, putting speed boost on blaziken brought it all the way from UU to ubers, definitely a great ability.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
Agreed Blaziken can become a beast with Speed Boost, pity Smogon banned him like they BANNED SWIFT SWIM WITH DRIZZLE WHICH MAKES ME SO ANGRY. Sorry bout that...

I have a few favorites other than Speed Boost
1) Magic Bounce
OMG a permanent Magic Coat, which refelects Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Will-O-Wisp (ect) and Taunt. Awsome ability...

2) Drizzle
Gee Sandstorm really has competition now with Politoed bringing Rain with him whereever he goes.

3) Drought
Sun has just gotten so much better! Weather is seen everywhere becuase of Toad and Tails!

That's what I like about them, but I also like....

LEVITATE ROTOM-S!!! the irony...

Infectious

<('-'<)
I expect to see a lot of "Moxie" answers, but my opinion is Multiscale. It lets Dnite setup fairly easy. Almost a guaranteed DD, but Dnite also gets stopped relatively easy. Pros and cons I guess.

Speed boost is everyones answer... But i prefer choryphll venasaur!

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
aside from speed boost blaziken
1)prankster sableye (<---I want this to come out soooo bad)
2)Contrary Serperior
3)Shadow tag Chandelure
4)Lightning rod Seaking (idk y its just soo cool!)
edit: anything with harvest or sap sipper

Tbird

Nice shot, man
If by best you mean "broke as ***" then:

Shadow Tag It's broken anyway, but then giving it to a pokemon that can come in on anything and then smack it with stab fire blast sends it through the stratosphere ... and breaks that too.

Speed Boost I would rather remove every hair off of my body with tweasers than have to explain what a counter is again.

Drizzle Rain dance teams were hard to counter anyway. Infinite rain given to a bulky bulky? That'll bode well.

Sand Rush Thankfully it was only given to something that can be countered marginally easily. If it had have been given to, say Terrakion, we'd have another blaziken on our hands.

Chlorophyl Venusaur didn't have much trouble sweeping when it could only boost its attack. Now it's hit likes like a truck that's been catapulted by the elastic of Chuck Norris' boxer shorts.

365pokemon

Harvest is an awesome ability, lets you use a berry as much as you want, if only some better pokes got this.

Sheer force is great as well.

Imposter really helps ditto.

I also like flash fire on typhlosion.

There's tons of great abilities, I won't list all of them. To find a list go here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml
People can also post their least favorite dream world abilities as well.

Romeo Romeo

Harvest is an awesome ability, lets you use a berry as much as you want, if only some better pokes got this.

Sheer force is great as well.

Imposter really helps ditto.

I also like flash fire on typhlosion.

There's tons of great abilities, I won't list all of them. To find a list go here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml
People can also post their least favorite dream world abilities as well.

I love using Harvest with my bulky Trick Room Exeggutor - every time you use Rest you wake up instantly, lol. Makes him so ridiculously durable.

Poison Heal Gliscor.

Magic Guard Reuniclus / Alakazam / Sigilph (however you spell it.)

KickAsh

halted development
Shadow Tag Chandelure seems ridiculous, Multiscale Dragonite looks good (it works nicely with Roost), Moxie Salamence looks potent, Chlorophyll Venusaur and Solar Power Charizard are nice, and Ho-Oh's Regenerator and Blaziken's Speed Boost.
And the obligatory Drizzle Politoed/Drought Ninetails.

365pokemon

I love using Harvest with my bulky Trick Room Exeggutor - every time you use Rest you wake up instantly, lol. Makes him so ridiculously durable.
Wow that's a great idea...trick room... didn't even think of that - of course I haven't used exeguttor since gen 4, just did a battle with somebody who's exeguttor had it and I tried to put it to sleep and then it woke up, then I did it again and the same thing happened- I was like, WTF?! lol

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Let's see...
Speed Boost Blaziken
Prankster Sableye
Shadow Tag Chandelure
Magic Bounce Espeon (I love Espeon!)
Contrary Serperior (Leaf Storm + this ability will be great!)

Dattebayo

Banned
Aside from the likes of Speed Boost and Shadow Tag, Contrary is one of the better abilities for it reverses the negative side effects from the likes move such as Leaf Storm.

Blue Monarch

Lonely Heart
Insomnia Delibird
TROLL MOAR GAMEFREAK!

(If you're wondering about that comment, it is because Delibird already had VITAL SPIRIT as a natural ability)

Anyways, I've found a lot of good Dream World abilities, some who were even underlooked.

Imposter: This changed Ditto into the Edward VII of Pokemon into one of the scariest Pokemon to ever encounter. + 6 Salamence raging against your team? Send that Ditto out to revenge that monster... slap a Scarf on it, click Outrage, GG.

Shadow Tag: This broke Chandelure and made her one of the game's best revenge killers. Just slap a Scarf around and you basically choose who will go or who will stay... Gothitelle can also use this to some extent quite well.

Speed Boost: No need to explain here. So they paid attention to Infernape outclassing Blaziken, and said, "We can't have this!" and decided to 'balance it out'. Unfortunately, this decision was an overkill and pretty much broke Blaziken. Aside from the fact Blaziken was lacking speed, it was also lacking a reliable base 120 Fighting move. It had Superpower, but that meant it was going to come in and switch out due to the attack drops. Now it got a 130 BP Hi Jump Kick, which can basically OHKO most bulky waters after a + 2. Thankfully, that move has a huge drawback.

Multi-Scale: Only two Pokemon gets this, and while this makes Lugia even tougher to KO, Pressure might be better overall for PP stalling. Talking about Dragonite here... it has a CHANCE to survive a Specs Latios's DRACO METEOR with this ability. Multi-Scale made it much easier to set up Dragon Dances and wreak havoc thanks to its bulkiness and access to Roost and powerful Outrage. The drawback is it needs to be at full health to activate, but still, it is better than nothing and it helps Dragonite set up quite readily.

Harvest: Often overlooked but still quite a scary thought if you realise this means INFINITE berries. Sitrus Berry + Sub + Swords Dance + Wood Hammer Exeggutor is quite a force to be reckoned with, and Lum Berry means immunity to status. Once Starf Berry comes out, prepare for a makeshift "Moody" without the - 1 drawback. Tropius is also pretty cool with this ability, especially in the sun and access to Growth.

Prankster: Turned Sableye from Zero to Hero. We know exactly how annoying Whismiscott is, and + 1 priority to passive moves is certainly no slouch. It gets annoying and allows stalling without the use of speed EVs. Of course, people do go overkill with Whimsicott's speed, but is all that speed necessary to outpace Thundurus or should we buff more into HP/Def to survive Ferrothorn's Gyro Balls? Up to the trainer's of course.

Magic Bounce: Congrats Espeon and Xatu. You are now used more often than you were from before thanks to being able to reflect back pretty much a lot of passive set up moves like Stealth Rocks or Thunder Waves. Well, more Espeon than Xatu, but still. This is one scary ability.

Contrary: One of the scariest abilities if it were given to, I don't know, Heracross or something. Regardless, Serperior was given this ability, and like the tricky serpent from the Garden of Eden, everything it does is a lie. Leaf Storm gives + 2 SpA as opposed to reducing it, making her one scary thing. However, Serperior does not really have any other coverage move to go alongside it, aside from some random Hidden Power, which is disappointing. However, it does balance her out otherwise this ability would be broken off stuff that like to lower their own stats with Superpower or the scary Draco Meteor.
Imagines Contrary V-Generate Victini and runs

Drizzle: This was what made Kyogre scary. Now give this to a bulky froggy with a plethora of moves and with infinite rain, you can just throw a cheap rain team in for some swift swim sweep. And Politoed is not even dead weight... it can seriously mess stuff up. It turned out so well that Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned together.

Drought: Same deal with Drizzle, but of less influence. Regardless, this makes Ninetales quite scary, as she can revenge Excadrills who like to play in the sand for a long time and provide support for Chlorophyll Pokemon like Venusaur.

Chlorophyll: What happens when you give something already versatile and powerful and bulky with double speed? Oh hai Venusaur... with Chlorophyll and access to Growth in the sun this thing becomes a mean sweeper. Sleep Powder incapacitates counters and it has a choice of STAB Solarbeam/Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power [Fire]/Earthquake to work with. Only problem is he does not have room for all of them!

Cloud Nine: If this generation became weather happy then this was definitely needed. Pokemon like Golduck is good, but usually overlooked for other waters because it is too one dimensional, so why not give it to something like Lickilicky? After all, it is a bulky normal with a widespread movepool, enough to deal with a lot of weather (ab)using Pokemon.

There is a LOT to list, but I won't go there for now.

Dattebayo

Banned
Now that you guys mentioned Harvest, it makes me wish that was Zard and Sceptile's DW ability to abuse BellyZard and SubSeed sets.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
List of abilities.

There is a LOT to list, but I won't go there for now.

Pretty much everything I was going to say has been said here. I've been using a magic bounce Xatu recently, and I've actually surprised a few people with it. I've even found that if I can time my wishes + protects right, it can even PP stall out non offensive Ferrothorn builds. I don't doubt that Espeon is better though :/ .

Multi-scale on Dragonite has saved me several times, like one game where I'd have lost if multi-scale didn't save Dnite from a Starmie's ice beam.

And it is my belief that shadow tag really shouldn't exist; it's just such a misery inducing monstrosity of an ability.

Zachmac

Mummy! Oh, wait...How about Unnerve! How about shell armor! Or frisk! Or Rivalry! Sap Sipper! Quick Feet! Zen Mode! Pressure! And to finish it off...
Insomnia Delibird
TROLL MOAR GAMEFREAK!

Wow, a lot of these suck. Anyway, I need a speed boost sharpedo. 374 attack.
I'll be random and say Sap Sipper. It's called immunity to Spore.
Sorry, no immunity, just an attack boost.

Personally, I hate the the release of Drizzle and Drought ninetales and politoed...That's just unbalanced. Besides, Groudon/Kyogre don't have any signature anymore, so they'll need signature moves.

Moxie is overrated, I always beat moxie users using my intimidate gyrados. It can get up a good amount of DDs.

The best...I can't deny Drizzle/Drought are good, and I will use them(Like I did with SR), but I still don't like them...Good thing they added more cloud nine users though. Justified gave lucario and actual ability. I found poison heal to be good, even though it was weakened. Multiscale is good, same gos for Sheer Force.

Now that you guys mentioned Harvest, it makes me wish that was Zard and Sceptile's DW ability to abuse BellyZard and SubSeed sets.
I actually like sceptile's ability. It makes it the perfect
subpeyeta. 508 special attack and 678 speed :D

But charizard would fail anyway, since it has a horrible weakness to SR.

legendarypokemonmaster

Justice Heart
Perversity
Speed Boost
Probably a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.