• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Dream World Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Poison Heal on Gliscor and Magic Bounce on Espeon are the best DW Abilities IMO. They really help the Pokémon. I mean, Espeon was rubbish and Gliscor could be improved. Now they are excellent Pokémon that are now very Common in Battles.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Poison Heal on Gliscor and Magic Bounce on Espeon are the best DW Abilities IMO. They really help the Pokémon. I mean, Espeon was rubbish and Gliscor could be improved. Now they are excellent Pokémon that are now very Common in Battles.

Espeon is still pretty bad even with the ability, since Forre and Ferro can dent it with Gyro Ball, Forre can volt-switch out, Skarmory does solid damage with Brave Bird, and it can't switch in of offensive setters.

Gliscor was already a fantastic physical wall and Poison Heal made him even better, but it wasn't completely 100% amazing. The best abilities by far given out from the dream world were Speed Boost Blazi, Drizzle Toed, and Drought Tails. Blazi went Ubers because of this ability, and the two new weather setters have had an unbelievable impact on the metagame.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
All of you are forgetting Skill Link Cinccino. Technician is too shaky to her boosted multi hitting moves. With constant five hits, screw Multiscale, Sturdy, and Focus Sashes! She can break them and finish them off, a good reason to run her in all tiers despite the 95 attacks. I mean ... 115 base speed. This Chinchilla is a seriously underrated killer. I killed TERRAKIONS and a couple DRAGONITES with her. Still testing it with a Keldeo though. so SCREW majority of the OU pokemon. If you don't have Gengar and any Steel type pokemon with you, she can kill you. How's that OU jerkasses? Fun part is, give her Kings Rock and start fishing for flinches. you think getting Flinched by Jirachi, Togekiss, and Skymin is not enough ... what About Cinccino? Yeah ... Cloyster can do the same too.

In the NU, Guts Luxray. It's what the coolest electric lion need to be a good wallbreaker / sweeper.

Another in NU would be Pokemon's very first bug type pokemon found early in the early days of Red and Blue. Butterfree. If you forgot about her, what a shame. Read Smogon's description about her in the 5th generation below. Useless ... becomes an NU top threat 4 generations later.

As she elegantly (Quiver) dances her way into BW, it is easily apparent that Butterfree is significantly better than she was in the old RBY days. No longer is she the standard for terrible Bug-type Pokemon that make six-year-olds cry over how bad they are; rather, Butterfree has finally become a Pokemon worthy of use. With BW's gifts to her in the forms of Tinted Lens and Quiver Dance, Butterfree has found a comfortable place in the NU metagame as the most lethal Quiver Dance sweeper available. The picturesque combination of Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, and Tinted Lens makes for a lethal combination in NU, and Butterfree's stats are just good enough to utilize these moves perfectly. Butterfree is not just a one-trick pony (err, butterfly) either; she is also capable of firing off Compoundeyes Sleep Powders and Stun Spores if sweeping with Quiver Dance isn't your cup of tea. Despite her mediocre stats, downright awful typing, and various other tiny things that make her a poor Pokemon on paper, Butterfree has proven to be an excellent Pokemon in the NU metagame. After generations of disuse and mockery, you could say that Butterfree has finally evolved into that beautiful butterfly that she had wanted to be for so long.

So for everone responding here, don't leave behind the lower tiers please

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I have to say that Sheer Force on Nidoking is the DW ability I find the most useful. Especially since moves like Earth Power and Ice Beam is counted as moves which gains the effect, which really improves Nidokings ability of being an offensive powerhouse.
While also negating Life Orb recoil, Nidoking gets an insanely + 63% boost to attacks without paying anything in return. Combined with Nidokings good coverage moves, I think this is a very good DW ability.

Seanferno

PokeGyms Owner
Espeon is still pretty bad even with the ability, since Forre and Ferro can dent it with Gyro Ball, Forre can volt-switch out, Skarmory does solid damage with Brave Bird, and it can't switch in of offensive setters.

Gliscor was already a fantastic physical wall and Poison Heal made him even better, but it wasn't completely 100% amazing. The best abilities by far given out from the dream world were Speed Boost Blazi, Drizzle Toed, and Drought Tails. Blazi went Ubers because of this ability, and the two new weather setters have had an unbelievable impact on the metagame.
No, Espeon is awesome. I have a flawless shiny Magic Bounce Espeon that is an amazing sweeper.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
No, Espeon is awesome. I have a flawless shiny Magic Bounce Espeon that is an amazing sweeper.

Way to prove your point. Scizor still kills it. Can't break through Multiscale Dragonite, and if multiscale is broken you'll be dying to Extremespeed. Nearly any scarfer will outspeed and kill it. It still fails to OHKO neutral bulky mons at +1. Spec D Jirachi and Scarfrachi beat it. It can set up on like...less than 10% of the meta if that. There are much much much better CM sweepers than Espeon, and really all it has over them is a nice speed tier, baton pass (Which Celebi can do better imo),, and the ability to be immune to Thunder Wave and Toxic (Which can be mended by Substitute on other Pokemon). Other than that you may as well use CM Keldeo (Decent bulk, strong STAB's, and good coverage), Jirachi (Fantastic typing, bulky, and great with rain), Celebi (Fantastic coverage, Great bulk, better recovery than Wish, and great against rain), Latias (Great STAB, great coverage moves, diverse movepool giving you many options, and better recovery than Wish), Latios (Good STAB, immediate power, and great coverage), or Reuniclus (Can use TRCM, reliable recovery outside of Wish and more power).

AnakBaé

Way to prove your point. Scizor still kills it. Can't break through Multiscale Dragonite, and if multiscale is broken you'll be dying to Extremespeed. Nearly any scarfer will outspeed and kill it. It still fails to OHKO neutral bulky mons at +1. Spec D Jirachi and Scarfrachi beat it. It can set up on like...less than 10% of the meta if that. There are much much much better CM sweepers than Espeon, and really all it has over them is a nice speed tier, baton pass (Which Celebi can do better imo),, and the ability to be immune to Thunder Wave and Toxic (Which can be mended by Substitute on other Pokemon). Other than that you may as well use CM Keldeo (Decent bulk, strong STAB's, and good coverage), Jirachi (Fantastic typing, bulky, and great with rain), Celebi (Fantastic coverage, Great bulk, better recovery than Wish, and great against rain), Latias (Great STAB, great coverage moves, diverse movepool giving you many options, and better recovery than Wish), Latios (Good STAB, immediate power, and great coverage), or Reuniclus (Can use TRCM, reliable recovery outside of Wish and more power).
Wowowowowow I thought this thread is only for discussing Dream World abilities lmao.

whowantshoney

Melancholic Trainer
All of you are forgetting Skill Link Cinccino. Technician is too shaky to her boosted multi hitting moves. With constant five hits, screw Multiscale, Sturdy, and Focus Sashes! She can break them and finish them off, a good reason to run her in all tiers despite the 95 attacks. I mean ... 115 base speed. This Chinchilla is a seriously underrated killer. I killed TERRAKIONS and a couple DRAGONITES with her. Still testing it with a Keldeo though. so SCREW majority of the OU pokemon. If you don't have Gengar and any Steel type pokemon with you, she can kill you. How's that OU jerkasses? Fun part is, give her Kings Rock and start fishing for flinches. you think getting Flinched by Jirachi, Togekiss, and Skymin is not enough ... what About Cinccino? Yeah ... Cloyster can do the same too.

always thought of that. so underrated. :/

new here. nagulat ako sa sig mo :D nice to know may mga taga PH dito.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
I think Regenator for Alomomala, tangela and Slowpoke
was an great addition that really helps the pokemon.

My personal favorite is Flare Boost Drifblim though,
its unqiue and makes him the strongest SP.attacker ghost pokemon in the metagame.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Poison Heal Gliscor
Drizzle
Drought
Speed Boost-Blaziken
Multiscale
Regenerator
Prankster- Sableye
Sheer Force- Nidoqueen is a monster!

Allieon

Best Eeveelution
Contrary Serperior and Speed Boost Blaziken ftw! XD

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Considering the fact Speed Boost made one Pokemon fly up to Ubers, and be the only starter Pokemon ever there, I'd say Speed Boost.

But for OU, probably Drizzle and Drought, brought proper weather wars to OU. Ninetales and Politoed were forgettable, but GF gave them new life.

Or Hydration. Because of that, my Starmie now knows Hail -_-

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
I think that Drizzle and Drought were the best Dream World abilities. While Speed Boost booted one pokemon to Ubers, Drizzle and Drought changed the whole OU metagame, making Pokemon that could abuse rainy or sunny weather much more viable. Speed Boost also has to have a decently good Pokemon recieve it (Yanmega is still UU), while Drizzle and Drought would make any Pokemon just in usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.