• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Dual Screener?

Which Pokemon is the best dualscreener

• Bronzong

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Uxie

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Other (tell me)

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estellise

peachy
Cresselia does it best.

terra1396

Cresselia with a thunder wave to annoy and lunar dance to make good comebacks with vital pokemon, I've had many screeners and Cresselia so far has been the best.

matgonor

Too cool for SSB4
I have found out that prankster klefki is actually awesome as a dual screener.Cant be poisoned due to steel typing, pretty nice resistances, can actually take a hit or even two after setting up screens wich he does really fast and inflicting paralysis and confuion with thunder wave + swagger is pretty damn strong.so far i have been succesful with him.

Nulava

Banned
Cresselia without a doubt.
Could set up both Dual Screen thanks to its incredible bulk, and with Lunar Dance it can restore an injured sweeper back to full health while sacrificing itself in the process. Lunar Dance is a game-changing move which separates Cresselia from other Dual Screeners.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
There are three problems with Lunar Dance on Cresselia though:
-Cresselia's low speed means it could be KO'd before using the move, since it's best to use the move when it's low on health to allow maximum usage of Cresselia before it faints
-Dual Screens, or any screens really, work best when used immediately, ideally with Light Clay to ensure they cover as much of the battle as possible, meaning Lunar Dance is only effective if used after setting screens up a second time or leaving your team without screen protection until at least one of your Pokemon has fainted
-Lunar Dance will obviously render you unable to Dual Screen again once the first ones wear off unless you have another Screener

Your best bet is Klefki, Cresselia, Lugia, or Xatu.

Klefki gets the screens up the fastest with Prankster, and is your best guarantee of screens unless a faster Prankster taunts you. However its only healing moves are Rest and Draining Kiss, and usually screeners should be able to heal themselves easily. Immunity to Toxic is handy though.

Cresselia is bulky af but is the slowest of the four. Its bulk should allow it to get both screens up, but a fast mixed attacker with SE moves could beat it before it can finish. Lunar Dance is interesting but only useful in very specific circumstances.

Multiscale Lugia puts the Great Wall Of China to shame with its walling abilities. The non-multiscale version is slightly less impressive, but still is incredibly bulky, with higher defenses but lower HP than Cresselia. However it is restricted from many online competitions as well as battle facilities, and the multi scale version is difficult to obtain.

Xatu with Magic Bounce and screens is very difficult to crack. It has the added benefit of immunity to Taunt, Toxic, and other moves commonly used on Dual Screeners. Xatu also has a multitude of possibilities just by being on a team, as proper predicting can allow a skilled player to switch it in on various status moves to cripple the opponent. Unfortunately, it is defensively the weakest of the four and unlike the other three is far more likely to succumb to a SE move regardless of the screens.

Personally I'd recommend Lugia or Klefki. Lugia does everything Cresselia does better except Lunar Dance, and all of Lugia's stats are superior to Cresselia's except for HP. Xatu, while handy, might not have the bulk to survive.

Edit: Please disregard everything I said about Lugia as it is in Ubers. I had not read the OU specification in the first message.

For those who don't want to read all that, I recommend Klefki.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.