• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Dub Ever

Chris

Old Coot
Bleach is terribly dubbed. I can at least stomach Dragon Ball Z and all of Vegeta's yelling, but Orihime's voice is too much. It doesn't fit at all.
There's nothing wrong with the Bleach dub. Obviously something's off if you can stomach DBZ's dub but have a problem with Bleach's.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[IMG200]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6XFV8rMybQqa9ocAr4o6_2IBOoVOdHoOkvjN9kt-3_po2zTnP[/IMG200]

I wish I had a picture of an epic choir to go along with that.

And yeah, that part did seem corny as hell while watching but that doesn't make the entirety of the show bad.

Medea

Excalibur
As it was said before, the original Full Metal Alchemist and Baccano had a very nice dub. Don't get me wrong about Brotherhood, it's well done too. It's just that...Michael Tatum just ruined Scar for me...forever. Mmkay, let's move on.

And yes, also feel necessary to add Yu Yu Hakusho as well.

And...huh, not really a lot of dubs I can say was top of the line perfect. I mean most everything else I've seen is good but I still see flaws but that's quite alright. I think another one I'll say would be xxxHOLiC.

Man, all I'm digging up are dubs by FUNimation. Well that's my two cents.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
There's nothing wrong with the Bleach dub. Obviously something's off if you can stomach DBZ's dub but have a problem with Bleach's.
Bleach's dub is better than DBZ but it still has its flaws. Also when I meant no overrated garbage on television, DBZ applies too (it's still lovable though).

Chris

Old Coot
And yes, also feel necessary to add Yu Yu Hakusho as well.
As much as I love YYH and like its dub, Chris Sabat's Kuwabara still kills me the wrong way. Probably because it reminds me if his Reacoom voice had caught a cold or something. That and Shigeru Chiba voiced him in the Japanese version.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Quickly on the subject of Bleach's dub, I'm not fond of it because of the voices they decided to give to the characters - especially Toshiro. The guy is supposed to have the body and voice of a 12 year old and the dub has him sounding like a 30 year old man.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Trigun, I absolutely can't hear it not in English. The dialogue is close to the original. Maybe it's also the setting, names and music.

As it was said before, the original Full Metal Alchemist and Baccano had a very nice dub. Don't get me wrong about Brotherhood, it's well done too. It's just that...Michael Tatum just ruined Scar for me...forever. Mmkay, let's move on.
If it makes ya feel better, Tatum (who had watched the first series when it was broadcast) thought Dameon was always the better Scar. At least the growly voice comes in handy when threatening Todd and Vic about Doctor Who canon. :p

Chris

Old Coot
Trigun, I absolutely can't hear it not in English. The dialogue is close to the original. Maybe it's also the setting, names and music.
Yeah, Trigun falls in the same line as Cowboy Bebop - impossible not to watch in English.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
As much as I love YYH and like its dub, Chris Sabat's Kuwabara still kills me the wrong way. Probably because it reminds me if his Reacoom voice had caught a cold or something. That and Shigeru Chiba voiced him in the Japanese version.

I actually didn't mind his Kuwabara the second time around. First time I watched the whole series it bothered me throughout, second time I just accepted it as Kuwabara's voice. I don't pay that closely to voice actors, but I think he has a decent range of voices under his belt. His Raizen (YYH) and Alex Armstrong (both FMA and FMAB), even his Kurogane from Tsubasa, I took a liking to.

RLinksoul

This is a hard subject for me to have an opinion on. It would mean having seen seen both versions of a series. All that comes to mind is Dragonball Z. I liked the music of Bruce Falconer and the decision to NOT make adult Goku and Krillin keep their child voices. I can't argue that the dub is better than the original, but it like a lot of Funimation's work, is a pretty good dub.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
my only problem with the Bleach dub is that Urahara couldn't sound as ambiguously gay as Miki Shin'ichirou made him out to be. He still has a pretty fun voice, and that minor issue aside, I'd say the dub's pretty solid. Sadly, I can't say I've watched much anime in English over the past decade to form an opinion on what manages to stand out, though from what I have seen, dubbing is generally a LOT better than it was when I started switching to subs (six, seven years ago, I'm thinking).

Mimori Kiryu

Dubs that stand out as SUPERFREAKINGAWESOME~

- + Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion/R2 (I met JYB this weekend at a convention and when he recites lines as Lelouch...omfg, he is Lelouch. x3)
- + Fullmetal Alchemist: yes the original is epic. you know it is.
- + Cowboy Bebop: duh.
- + Trigun: see above.
- + Soul Eater: yes, I prefer this series in English. It just grabs my attention better. :3
- + Hetalia: Axis Powers: Yes, I love the dub so much better than the English. Accents and jokes that aren't afraid to offend. :P

yeah...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Sure I can complain about Sheh and Hollingshead's preformance and the use of anime voice actors who both do voices in Naruto and Bleach but I vote Gurren Lagann!

Top 3 Reasons why:

reason # 3: Kyle Herbert was awesomely epic as Kamina
reason # 2: Yuri Lowenthal fit Simon quite well
reason # 1: Steve Blum just nailed Leeron perfectly (example)

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Isn't the term "overrated series" a bit subjective?

I greatly enjoyed Haruhi's dub, even though it had some of the most overused English voice actors ever (JOHNNY YONG BOSCH IS IN ALMOST ALL THE ANIME AND GAMES I PLAY WTFFFF). The acting was superb. If only DNAngel's dub was a little more like that. It's my favorite anime/manga franchise by Yukiru Sugisaki.

The first FMA anime's dub was awesome, but Brotherhood's dub seems a little off to me. I don't know why, it just seems a little lacking to me in some spots. Dubbing isn't as good as the first anime.

Last edited: