• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best element to have a 4x weakness to?

What do you think is the best element to have a 4x weakness to?

I nominate Ghost or Dark types, since their base powers are not that high.

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I haven't seen any threads in the 6th gen discussion forum.

Edit some hours later: ah, now I can view user threads in the X/Y forum. Damn.

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I'm so confused by much of the OP. But I'll answer the question anyway.

I'll say Fighting because a lot of the Pokémon 4x weak to Fighting either have Sturdy or high defense.

ItsMeBrandon

I would say Normal type or Dragon type because how.

To be serious, though, I'm guessing this is asking what sort of type "deserves" to be 4x strong against other type combinations.
In that case, I'd like to point to the Grass and Bug type, as those two types tend to be weak against a lot of other types, or otherwise aren't that strong offensively. They could use being strong against something.

Or unless you're thinking from the opposite standpoint where we want a type to be 4x weak to that would be easier to deal with than others? I guess that's more likely what you're asking.
I'd probably still point to the Grass and Bug types in that case, since as I just said, they're either weak to a lot of things or not terribly great offensively compared to other types, and frankly aren't necessarily used a lot. Although I guess what environment we're talking about might change that answer (such as VGC, single-player game, etc.).

Last edited:
Okay to clarify, there's about 2 variables to take into consideration here:

-How common the element is (for the 4x weakness).
-How powerful the common moves are.

So I nominate Ghost and Dark as most of their most powerful moves are base power 80.

This also depends on if it's double or triple battles, though.

Take 4x weakness to ground. Earthquake is so common, almost everyone has it, but in double battles, those are I believe, halved. So 4x weaknesses to Ground you gotta worry about the lesser common, Earth Power.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I would say Poison but then it's only strong against Fairy/Grass so not the best defensive type to be due to other weaknesses.

Uhh...maybe Bug.

Imo, what sucks about Salandit's line is a 4x weakness to Ground, however, they will have 3 4x resistances.... to Grass, Bug, and Fairy.

Volcanion also has 3 4x resistances.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Imo, what sucks about Salandit's line is a 4x weakness to Ground, however, they will have 3 4x resistances.... to Grass, Bug, and Fairy.

Volcanion also has 3 4x resistances.

Don't forget an immunity, courtesy of Water Absorb.

I guess Salandit can also avoid Ground ala Air Balloon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Water/Ground, since its 4x weakness is also its only weakness

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Bug/Steel type has that, too.

Imagine if there was a Pokemon with those typings, and Sap Sipper/Flash Fire respectively. Also there's Poison/Dark with Levitate as a potential no weakness Pokemon

Last edited: