• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Era for Cartoon Network?

Cartoon Network's Best Era?

• Checkerboard Era (1992-1997)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerhouse Era (1997-2004)

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • CN City Era (2004-2007)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Noods Era (2008-2010)

• CHECK it Era (2010-Present)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokemonBattleFanatic-

cartoonnetworklogos_4448.png

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
For me it would have to be the Powerhouse era since I watched CN exclusively. The shows I fondly remember are Dexter's Lab, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and Samurai Jack.

Once that era ended I switched over to Disney Channel and Nickelodeon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Powerhouse era; it had the most diverse schedule and aired Toonami on weekday afternoons and isn't spammed by one show all the time like the current era or live action shows like the previous era

Kirby Dragons

Either the Noods Era or the Powerhouse Era. I liked the Noods Era's shows more, but the Powerhouse Era's shows are generally more classic and iconic.

Cat's Eye Draco

Well, going off the dates, it looks like I would've started watching toward the end of the Powerhouse era and continued through City into the first couple years of Nood, after which we moved and didn't get the channel at all anymore. So it's probably a pretty firm tie between Powerhouse and City for me. I think I'll give City the vote, though, since it doesn't seem to be getting many.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Back when they gave Pokemon marathons and Chowder/Camp Lazlo were still a thing

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Powerhouse because that is when we had several classic original cartoons such as Dexter’s Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, And Courage the Cowardly Dog. They also aired animated movies and the original Toonami was huge for the network.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I know I was a huge fan of "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?" When I was a little kid. I would always ask my mom if I can stay up until 11pm because they would air 2 episodes back-to-back at 10pm. This was back in 1997. From there, originals such ask "Dexter's Laboratory" and "Powerpuff Girls" peaked my interest. And even watching them now as I am older, the double-meaning and hidden messages behind it crack me up but yet are not as obvious as "Adventure Time" makes it to be.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Before Adventure Time came in (no, the show wasn't bad, but it ended the era of quality animation for literal stick figures and very simplistic designs that became the norm everywhere else).

Before TTG was born (when quality in general died for real).

CN City Era and Powerhouse Era were the good ones. I wish the city one became the definitive one.

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
Powerhouse is called that for a reason.

But personally, I'd say just about any era than the one right now. Cartoons have never been worse overall.