• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Eveelution?

Grenseal

Strider of the isle
Topic says all for competitive, what Eevee evolution is best to use? I am huge into Umbreon but I never saw or heard of any being used in wifi so I want to ask which one should I use and nature/movesets?

Vaporeon is a mean bulky water with an excellent Wish passing niche. Espeon can turn the opponent's entry hazards, status, etc. against them, which is awesome. Of the two, Vaporeon is my favorite.

Psycho Cut

I was going to make this thread... Oh wells.

I'd say it's close between vaporeon, espeon and leafeon. Vaporeon is a great bulky water who can stall and also wish/acid armour/work up pass. Espeon's new MB ability is simply awesome, and espeon is naturally very good with high Sp.Atk and Speed. And leafeon is just a pure menace in the sun!

rocky505

Vaporeon,Espeon,Jolteon and Umbreon are the only useful ones. Leafeon can be useful when in the sun. Flareon still needs some love and Glaceon needs some speed before they become useful.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
My favorite is jolteon, but i've got to give the title to Vaporeon. Hydration+Rest is beast.

ladendar

Little munchkinz
The best Eevee evolution would be Vaporeon because of that killer hydro pump that it knows. I took out four pokemons of a challenger with the help of Vaporeon!

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Personally I lvoe Umbreon and Flareon just out of personal opinion.

In battling Id say Espeon, because of its DW ability

Utopian

faults & feats
The best Eevee evolution would be Vaporeon because of that killer hydro pump that it knows. I took out four pokemons of a challenger with the help of Vaporeon!

i've never seen an offensive vappy in my life but okay i guess.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Honestly they all suck except for Espeon and Vaporeon and if you're being really considerate, MAYBE Jolteon.

Umbreon lost its only useful OU niche with the new inability to Baton Pass Mean Look.
Leafeon always basically sucked in OU, this gen is no exception. There are better Sun sweepers.
Glaceon is terrible in OU since OU blizzspam doesn't really work (Kyurem is kind of an exception -- in general OU blizzspam is bad)
Flareon has always been bad, again, this gen is no exception.
Jolteon isn't very good this gen, even though i mentioned it earlier...SpDef Tar, SpDef Rachi, and Ferrothorn are all common and all beat it with too much ease for it to be as good as it used to.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
Leafeon is one of the best physical walls I've used. Leaf Guard under sunshine makes it even better of one.

Soperman

The One and Only
I love Vaporeon for its Offensive, Defensive, and support capabilities.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Vaporeon would definitely be one of the best, as far as I see. It can pass super chunky wishes to its buddies. However, my preferred use is a rain-rester using Hydration and then Toxic stalling.

Espeon is also super useful with Magic Bounce, what with all the Taunts being flung around in the metagame these days.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Espeon and Vaporeon are the only ones that are any good this gen due to Espeon's high Speed, Sp. Attack, and its DW ability which which bounces back and status move aimed at Espeon. Vaporeon ha great special bulk, is a good Wish passer, and is a great staller with its DW ability, Rest, and Toxic. For me, the best one has to Vaporeon only under rain, otherwise, the best is Espeon.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Vaporeon is a great bulky water type that can still be offensive, or be a great Wish staller. Jolteon is good for revenge killing, but it's rather fragile. Espeon is also great for offensive play, and it's DW ability is pretty good.

I think all the Eeveelutions are really good, but Flareon and Leafeon (ironically my favorites), would be at the bottom of the used list. The ones I listed in the first paragraph are probably the best, with Umbreon coming right after them for it's bulky stats.

Guildenstarn

That Guy
This thread really needs a poll....

On topic, Espeon is best for Dual Screens or Baton Pass, while Vaporeon is better for Weather or Standerd teams

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Vaporeon in the rain with Hydration+Rest is nightmarish. Toxic stall? Yes please.