• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Final League Battle

Which of these battles was the best?

• Total voters

Genaller

Silver Soul
Calling Glalie vs Sceptile OHKO is really appropriate by any means it was by no means like a traditional OHKO. Two Pokémon laughing their moves which collide to have a tremendous impact scattering debris, resulting in both Pokemon getting KO'd, that's a different tradition compared to the standard OHKO's in the anime where one Pokemon beats other by knocking it out with a single move.
It absolutely is in the sense that the battle was over after a single move interaction. You’d be right that they don’t count as OHKs if they actually had a match consisting of several move exchanges building up to the final explosive clash (e.g. Bulbasaur vs Meganium).

But yeah, Ash vs Tyson isn't even close to being the best final battle for sure.
It’s 3rd for me, so I still consider it to be on the upper end of finales, but it has no business competing with Ash vs Alain from literally any major standpoint.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It absolutely is in the sense that the battle was over after a single move interaction. You’d be right that they don’t count as OHKs if they actually had a match consisting of several move exchanges building up to the final explosive clash (e.g. Bulbasaur vs Meganium).
While it's true that the match was over after just a single move iteration, but one thing is that the explosion did last for quite time scattering debris and a lot of smoke in the process.

It’s 3rd for me, so I still consider it to be on the upper end of finales, but it has no business competing with Ash vs Alain from literally any major standpoint.
Yeah, it'd go like: Ash vs Alain > Ash vs Tobias > Ash vs Tyson > Ash vs Harrison >>>>>> Ash vs Cameron >>>>>>>>>>>> Ash vs Ritchie.

MockingJ

Banned
Ash vs Tobias at the very end was awesome 'cause even though the odds were against Ash since Tobias had five Pokemon left while Ash had only Pikachu, Ash still gave it his all against Latios and he didn't lose hope.

Denko Sekka

If I had to rank them: Ash vs Tyson > Ash vs Harrison > Ash vs Alain = Ash vs Tobias > Ash vs Ritchie > Ash vs Cameron.

Ash-Pikachu

My favorite was Ash vs. Tobias as it is the only battle where Ash had faced a seemingly invincible for where victory would be impossible. Despite the odds being against him, it was admirable that Ash mustered the will of his pokemon (Sceptile and Pikachu) by believing in them and kept battling to defeat two legendaries whereas others couldn't even defeat Darkrai. This was also the only battle where Ash's passion and tenacity is at it's greatest when Ash command Pikachu to persevere and keep using thunderbolt and later when he vehemently commanded Pikachu to use Iron Tail during the Luster Purge + Volt Tackle collision.

Definitely my favorite with Ash vs. Alain being a close second.

Sabre_King

I chose the battle against Alain since it was his first time in the finals and although the fight against Tobias was good I always thought that battled was overshadowed by Ash’s battle against Paul in the previous round. Ash’s battle against Alain may be in my top 5 battles for Ash but I think nothing has ever come close to Ash’s battle against Paul.