• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Fire Red team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaic

rawr!
Im looking to restart my Fire Red and am trying to plan out a team. Help please?

P.S. I will be starting out with BULBASAUR and will be getting Growlithe later. Also, no legendaries.

zean44

r.o.c.k. on!
raise a pidgey,pikachu,abra,magicarp,growlithe and bulbasaur.let them evolve and level them up as high as you can.

7 tyranitars

This is my planned team for my Fr team,

Venusaur
Pidgeot
Nidoking
Arcanine
Jolteon
Cloyster

The best team, is the team you would enjoy the most in playing ;) (that is ingame then)

Seth pkmn

I've been wondering this, too.
I have this so far
;003;
;026;
;131;

OT: If anything you might wanna get some kind of electirc type to get rid of those flying types, and a water to get rid of the fire, then usually a sweeper like gengar,tank like Snorlax (Don't know if thats considered 'Legendary")

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

There's no "best" team. Personally, I plan on using Venusaur, Starmie (or in your case, since you're using FireRed, Cloyster), Ninetales (which you can swap for Arcanine), Snorlax, Dragonite, and Dodrio.

Kall El

..Silence..
The most recent team I used was -

Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Jolteon
Dragonair
Nidoking
Exeggutor
Aerodactyl
Rapidash
Pikachu
--- These are the main Pokemon I was rotating with throughout my journey..

But in general I would advise Blastoise, Dragonite, Nidoqueen/king, Magmar, Aerodactyl, Lapras - there's so much to use in this game, just pick something that works synergetically :]

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
The most recent team I used was -

Blastoise
Nidoqueen
Jolteon
Dragonair
Nidoking
Exeggutor
Aerodactyl
Rapidash
Pikachu
--- These are the main Pokemon I was rotating with throughout my journey..

But in general I would advise Blastoise, Dragonite, Nidoqueen/king, Magmar, Aerodactyl, Lapras - there's so much to use in this game, just pick something that works synergetically :]
Its FireRed, you cant catch a Magmar without trading

LimeSoda

Venasaur

Vaporeon

Weezing

Mr. Mime

Hitmonlee

Arcanine

I tired to suggest some unique but still good Pokes. Probably "UU" for most of them.

razaxx

this is a link to a guide I made on another forum 0_o
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1100410

It depends on what you are going for... Fastest clear time? Best meta-game pokemon? My favorite is Bulbasaur, but in game, Charmander is better, and even if I am going to go for the best meta-game pokemon, I would still have to recommend Charmander, because of Suicune. If you are bent on a no-legendary, Bulbasaur run, I would end up with:
Venusaur
Nidoking (higher offensive stats than Nidoqueen)
Tentacruel/Lapras/Starmie (LeafGreen only)
Arcanine (Rapidash if playing LeafGreen)
Alakazam/Mr. Mime (recover vs. screens)
Dragonite/Tyranitar (late-game heavy hitters)

Infernape4ever

Experianced Trainer
in start select charmander(starter, can defeat brock as charmeleon metal claw-evolve him to charizard), pidgey(evolve him to pidgeot), pikachu(i caught him in viridian forest accidentally he apeared, made him evolve in raichu on lvl 56), nidoran(male,evolve him to nidoking),abra(evolve him to kadabra at 36lvl believe me it had inaf power to wipe out saffron city gym) and the last one is magikarp(water pokemon, evolve him to geridos-(start a battle with him against some pokemon or trainer but quickly change it to someone else to gain experiance)-------> that pokemon i used to conquer elite 4 and pokemon league and catch mewtwo, also try to catch as much as pokemon as you can (they will come to use)

My FireRed team is Charizard, Primeape, Arbok, Gyarados, Rhydon, Electabuzz. The fact that there was no physical/special split yet hurt Gyarados, but it's still great and its Hyper Beam wrecks everything. Arbok's stats are kind of mediocre but it has decent attack and it can be good if you invest the right TMs into it (Oh, how I wish reusable TMs were around in this game, so many members of my team could have used Earthquake). I was surprised how good Electabuzz was and it made me wonder why they gave it an evolution in the next generation, but I guess they just did that to make it more usable in Gen IV because of the physical/special split and new moves that were introduced. Charizard and Primeape wreck almost everything, and Rhydon you have to put in the right situations, but when you do, nothing stands in its way. Also, how unnecessary was Rhyperior? It's the exact same thing as Rhydon. It got minor boosts in every stat except speed, but it's still basically the same thing.

DarthVader

You should make a team with the Elite Four and Champion in mind, and pick Pokemon which are both strong enough, and learn SE moves without having to use one-off TMs.

These are the E4 teams:

Lorelei - supposed to be Ice but in practice has a lot of part water types. Weak to Electric, fighting.

Bruno - Fighting and rock/ground. Weak to psychic, water, grass, flying.

Agatha: Poison/ghost. Weak to psychic and dark.

Lance: Dragon, weak to Ice and dragon.

Gary: Various.

These are some recommended Pokemon:

Lapras: Has surf and Ice beam, good against Bruno and Lance. (Vaporeon functions similarly).

Kadabra: Psychic type, good against Bruno and Agatha but can't take any Shadow Balls.

Jolteon: Has thunderbolt, and double kick which is good against Lorelei and some of Bruno's Pokemon. It also has Bite/Crunch which is good against Agatha.

Clefable: Doesn't have very good level up moves, but can learn Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Ice Beam from TMs which you can purchase from the Game Corner (for a lot of in-game money).

Starmie: Similiar to Clefable in that it can learn a lot of good purchasable TM moves: Thunderbolt, Psychic, Shadow ball, and can also learn Surf from the HM.

solar1601

My team is;
Tyranitar:Thunderbolt,Earthquake,Rock Slide,Crunch
Aerodactyl: Fly,Hyper Beam,Accient Power,Dragon Claw
Dragonite: Outrage,Ice Beam,Flame Thrower,Thunder bolt
Venusaur: Frenzy Plant,Sludge Bomb,Strengh,Razor Leaf
Lapras:Blizzard,Surf,Perish Song,Hydro Pump
Pikachu:Iron Tail,Thunder,Thunder bolt,Quick Attack
My team maybe isn't very good.

lajules

The team i recommend mostly is the following -

Charizard
Raichu
Lapras
Victreebel (It's movepool is terrible, but it's quite a decent Special Attacker. Quite good when you teach it Giga Drain.) Can replace with Exeggutor.
Dragonite (OU, but a really good late-game hard hitter.)
Nidoking / Clefable / Alakazam (Nidoking is a great early game Physical Attacker, Clefable doesn't really shine in it's stats but they are half-decent. But Clefable has a great movepool like most normal types. And Alakazam is really great Special Attacker in any point in the game. You can also switch this with Exeggutor.) You can also use Pidgeot.
Pidgeot is my favourite Pokemon, it's Speed is good, and it can hit surprisingly hard with Fly because of it's decent attack and STAB.

KikoKo

Chrom ♥
Well my team when I beat the Elite Four today was

Chansey: Fire Blast|Softboiled|Egg Bomb|Thunderbolt. She can tank Lorelei's team.
Dragonite: Sure|Outrage|Slam|Wing Attack - Wing attack and surf can kill Bruno's team easily.
Raichu: Thundershock|Strength|Thubderbolt|Mega Punch - I used Raichu usually to finish off water or flying pokemon. Since my Raichu was lvl51, while Chansey was 69. And Dragonite was 62.
Pidgeot*: Wing Attack| Gust|Agility|Fly - Used in the same matter as my Raichu. Just finished off whoever
Alakazam:psybeam|Psychic|Flash|Trick (You can use a Kadabra, but you'll have too train it more than usual I guess)
Marowak: Strength|Bonemerang|??? <Forgot, and replaced>|False Swipe - Okay I didn't use him to battle. He was just in case I needed to revive someone.

I would go with:
Venasaur
Arcanine
Lapras
Dragonite
Snorlax
Dugtrio

Status
Not open for further replies.